Found Safe Canada - Christina Nguyen, 4, Toronto, 10 March 2017

Snoopster

Reaction score
Toronto police have issued an Amber Alert as they search for a four-year-old girl who was inside a car that was stolen this morning when it was left running outside the family home.

Here are details of the four-year-old, identified by police as Christina Nguyen:

Asian.
Three feet tall.
Black shoulder-length hair and brown eyes.
Was wearing a red jacket, pink pants and white hat.
Investigators are asking residents to be on the lookout for a 2008 Toyota Camry with licence plate BHVH 392. Anyone seeing the car is advised to call 911.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/car-stolen-child-inside-1.4018973

http://www.cp24.com/amber-alert-issued-after-car-with-four-year-old-girl-inside-stolen-from-outside-home-1.3319178
Christina Nguyen, 4, is shown in this handout photo. An Amber alert has been issued for Nguyen. (Toronto Police Service)

attachment.php

Vehicle spotted on highway

Hopkinson say a member of the public spotted a vehicle with the licence plate number belonging to the stolen Camry driving along Highway 401 near Highway 403 earlier this morning.

He said that car then “drove away at a high rate of speed very erratically” after the member of the public pulled alongside it and tried to get a look inside.

Other sightings of the car have also been reported in the vicinity of the Queen Elizabeth Way and Highway 403.

“We want to alert people not to approach this car," Hopkinson warned. "Our priority here is to get this little girl back safely and by approaching the car we may scare the suspect into driving more erratically and this could end tragically."

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 57
This menace needs to get off the highway and leave the car somewhere ASAP. I wonder if the people on the highway got a chance to see the driver?

That possible sighting would also explain this tweet by Peel Police.

Peel Regional Police‏Verified account @PeelPoliceMedia 13m13 minutes ago
More
For the Amber alert issued, #PRP are asking all business and property managers to check parking lots for Toyota Camry w/ ONT plate BHVH392

I hope they just ditch the car so this girl has a better chance of being found safe.

Extreme cold weather alert just issued for Toronto and environs. sigh.

....but that reported sighting near QEW/403 conflicts with this one:

570 NEWS - Kitchener‏Verified account @570NEWS 27m27 minutes ago
More
AMBER ALERT update: OPP says someone saw car on 401 westbound at Townline in Cambridge area. Black 2008 Camry, BHVH 392.

If this sighting is valid that would imply the car continued west on Hwy 401. (Cambridge is about 100 km west of Toronto.)

570 NEWS - Kitchener‏Verified account
@570NEWS

Follow
More
570 NEWS - Kitchener Retweeted 570 NEWS - Kitchener
AMBER ALERT update: Cambridge OPP say none of the multiple black Camry sightings in area have matched licence plate of suspect vehicle.

If this is exactly as reported, it is most likely in my observation that the child will be found alive and well before noon today. Prayers this case ends the way most do when someone tries to steal a car and there's a child inside.

What a darling little girl.

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/toronto/car-stolen-child-inside-1.4018973
[h=2]Child is wearing a red jacket, pink pants and white hat, with shoulder-length black hair[/h]
Updated · CBC News 26 Minutes Ago

Investigators are asking residents to be on the lookout for a 2008 Toyota Camry with licence plate BHVH 392. Anyone seeing the car is advised to call 911.

"We're asking that whoever took the car, leave the car somewhere with the child in it and contact us anonymously at 416-808-2222 and just let us know where the car is," Det. Ranbir Dhillon told reporters outside the family's home.

He said police don't have any information about a possible suspect.
There have been no confirmed sightings of the car, OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt told CBC Toronto. Police have received calls about possible sightings, including near Highway 403 and Mavis Road in Mississauga, just west of Toronto, and near Cambridge, about 100 kilometres southwest of the city.

OPP cars are patrolling roads and following up on reported sightings, he said.
rbbm

If this is exactly as reported, it is most likely in my observation that the child will be found alive and well before noon today. Prayers this case ends the way most do when someone tries to steal a car and there's a child inside.

What a darling little girl.

Yes, if it is as reported, then I'm hopeful for a good outcome.
If it's not....:(

What's bothering me is that this incident happened over 3 hours ago. If someone took off with her without knowing she was in the car, they've had lots of time to drop her off by now. And, she's 4 years old, not a baby, so she is mobile and easier to find.

Oh boy..hope not.
https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/20...arching-for-stolen-car-with-child-inside.html
Initially, police were hoping the suspect would abandon the car in a public space with the child inside — this typically happens once a car thief realizes a child is inside the vehicle.

This hadn’t happened by 7:30 a.m. Police later said they would be treating the case as an abduction, given the girl’s age.

Since the car was stolen from the Jane St. and Lawrence Ave. W. area, numerous witnesses have reported sightings of the car. Police said a car fitting the description was seen driving erratically west along Hwy. 401 near Hwy. 403.

Yes, if it is as reported, then I'm hopeful for a good outcome.
If it's not....:(

What's bothering me is that this incident happened over 3 hours ago. If someone took off with her without knowing she was in the car, they've had lots of time to drop her off by now. And, she's 4 years old, not a baby, so she is mobile and easier to find.

Yes this^. It's going on almost three and a half hours now. I would think she would have been left within half an hour of the car being taken and the thief being spooked. And if she was left somewhere three and a half hours ago she could be ANYWHERE. I'm really scared for this poor sweetie.

OMG what a scary situation! She must be so frightened, and the parents ... I can't even imagine. I pray this ends well!

romanway-crescent.JPG

Above is image from CBC article.

Toronto Police OPS‏Verified account
@TPSOperations

Follow
More
ABDUCTION:
Romanway Cr + Plainfield Rd
-Amber alert issued
-Looking for public help to find car/girl
Anyone with info
416 808-1200
^dh

The house appears to be on Romanway Crescent, and not right at the corner. This is a fairly small crescent - not a through street. It would be odd for someone to be trolling along this street for a car to snatch at 6am in the morning. If this was an opportunistic car theft then the person was likely from that immediate area.

Barrie 411‏
@Barrie411

Follow
More
#AmberAlert CANCELLED
Vehicle and child located

CP24‏Verified account
@CP24

Follow
More
Police say the child was found inside the vehicle that officers had been searching for. The vehicle was stolen with child inside earlier.

:loveyou:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back