LA - Mom, 2 kids murdered in NOLA Gentilly home, March 2017

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
2 children, their mother identified as victims in Gentilly triple homicide

Jonathan Bullington, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune By Jonathan Bullington, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune
Follow on Twitter
on March 10, 2017 at 12:45 PM, updated March 10, 2017 at 6:16 PM

Two young brothers and their mother have been identified as the three people killed inside a Gentilly house Friday (March 10). Relatives and friends disclosed the relationships, and the Orleans Parish coroner's office identified the dead as Monique Smith, 30, Jumyrin Smith, 6, and Justin Simms, 10.

Friends said Monique Smith's minor daughter was the surviving gunshot victim. Police said she was in serious condition at a hospital.

Smith and her sons were found shot to death inside a brick house in the 4200 block of Touro Street (map) when officers investigating reports of gunshots arrived shortly after 4 a.m., authorities said The coroner's office said each of the dead victims sustained one or more gunshot wounds.

[...]

About 9 a.m., a coroner's office van backed up near the home's front steps. Officers and detectives formed a human wall to block the view of body bags, three of them, being carried from the home in intervals of about 20 minutes.

[...]

A longtime resident, who did not want her named used, said the family who lived in the house moved in a year or two ago. She said she used to see a man, woman and two children in the yard a lot, cooking out and playing with their two dogs. She said the younger boy was about 7 or 8 years old, the other one 12.

[...]

"It's sad," said one neighbor who didn't want his name used. "The family seemed like they were real peaceful. The children seemed happy. But it's just New Orleans. You never know."

cont. at the link

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2017/03/children_among_dead_in_gentill.html

[...]

Monique Smith listed Justin Simms and JuMyrin Smith as her sons and A'Miya as her daughter on her Facebook page.

[...]

"She was a hardworking young mom, and when she got with her family and friends she liked to have a good time," Chrisey Smith, Monique Smith's cousin, told The Advocate. "She loved all her children -- her children were everything to her. She worked and spent time with her kids, that was it."

[...]

Police have not yet released a motive or suspect in the case.

[...]

Sources told Eyewitness News that all three victims who died had gunshot wounds to their heads and were found in bedrooms.

The 6-year-old victim was shot in the face, sources said.

http://www.wwltv.com/mb/news/crime/...ld-boys-killed-in-gentilly-shooting/421477369

Poor baby girl. She will have a life of hurt over this. What evil could do this? To children? And their mother? I'm so sad at the violence and hate.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

The neighbor interviewed in the OP says the ' man and woman and kids' were seen often playing in the yard. So where is that man ?

The neighbor interviewed in the OP says the ' man and woman and kids' were seen often playing in the yard. So where is that man ?
Yeeeeah that's the million dollar question.

I want to hug that baby girl. She knows who it was, too, probably.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I hope law enforcement is still on this case. Killing innocent children? This guy deserves to never see the light of day.

Sending my love to poor A'Miya. Is she under the care now of her father? Or her mothers relatives?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back