valerie Bertinelli/Eddie Van Halen divorce

That is sad!

I liked her too. One Day At A Time was one of my favourite shows a long, long time ago. ;)

Oh, that is so sad! I used to LOVE Valerie Bertinelli when I was a kid.
She is so pretty.
I wonder what happened.

I thought this was one that would definitely last. :(

I guess nothing can last forever :(

I remember reading much about this a few years ago when they separated. Seems she put up with a lot of his partying, women, etc. and it finally took its toll. Shame. I really like her too.

I had heard they separated a few years ago too. I thought they were such a "cute" couple. Too bad. Hopefully she'll find happiness elsewhere.

Yea, I remember reading when they officially separted 4 years ago - she went to Salt Lake City to film that show Touched by an Angel .......... I was also a fan when she was on One Day at a Time.

Sad....I know someone who met her and they said she is just as pretty in person and one of the nicest people he'd ever met. :(

a person can only take so much... kudos to her to moving on, life is too short, and she put up with a lot. it's hard to live with a self-destructive person for years and years... it takes a toll on you, even if you care about each other.

I love Valerie Bertinelli, she is so pretty & seems so sweet. Good actress too, although I missed that reunion show :waitasec:

Wow. I hate to hear this. I remember seeing an interview with her years ago when she discussed his drinking and drugs. She's a strong person to have handled all that throughout the years.

I love her movies. I think she's a great actress!

I remember reading a few years back that when he got cancer the first time...he promised to quit smoking. I think it was somewhere around 1999 or early 2000. He later went back to smoking and it caused problems. She had stuck with him through the drugs and drinking hoping to help him. However, when he started smoking again she threw up her hands and said enough. I think that is when they seperated for good. He got cancer again in 2003. I think she was holding off the divorce until he got well. I do admire them for working together to raise their son Wolfgang. I believe he is around 14 or so now. You will see all of them together in pics. She said she believes that you need a united front while raising children, so they try to act kind to each other in front of Wolfgang. I think she is a great actress. I loved One Day At A Time! I also enjoy seeing her in Lifetime movies. Touched By An Angel is another one of my favs. :angel: :angel:

Awww, this is sad news after 24 years of marriage! I had no idea they separated 4 years ago, so this is really coming as a shock to me. I loved Valerie Bertinelli in One Day at a Time, and in all the Lifetime movies I've ever seen her in. She's a pretty woman and a good actress. Eddie Van Halen is an extremely talented guitar player, we saw him twice in concert. I really thought they were so cute together and seemed to work for each other. It's a shame, but I'm glad to hear they're amicable and raising their son, Wolfgang, with a "united front". Good for them!

He had to have most of his tongue removed due to the cancer. She stuck with him thru treatmeant and then seperated. I wonder if he went back to smoking and she felt she could not tolerate it?

They have been seperated for four years amicably. I think they both have moved on. Though i am sad they are divorcing I think the did a good job with a hollywood kind of marriage.

englishleigh said:
Sad....I know someone who met her and they said she is just as pretty in person and one of the nicest people he'd ever met. :(
Nope! She went to my high school for about 1 day- wouldn't talk to anyone, wasn't in the year book (unlike John Elway whom I'm proud to claim went to my high school while I was there, and Mare Winningham whom I knew as a little girl)! VERY STUCK UP, and that was back in 1978! Never could stand the witch because of it! I'm glad they're no longer an item!

Becba said:
He had to have most of his tongue removed due to the cancer. She stuck with him thru treatmeant and then seperated. I wonder if he went back to smoking and she felt she could not tolerate it?

They have been seperated for four years amicably. I think they both have moved on. Though i am sad they are divorcing I think the did a good job with a hollywood kind of marriage.
Yes, that is what she said. She felt like he didn't respect their family by going back to smoking after he had such a scare with cancer. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back