UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

28 September 2016

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military [service]man who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Police looking for Corrie McKeague will start searching landfill site this week for missing airman

6 March 2017

A search of a landfill site in Cambridgeshire will start this week as police look for RAF Honington’s Corrie McKeague, following a two-week delay.

[...]

Since a signal from Corrie’s mobile phone was detecting travelling along the same route as a bin lorry shortly after he was last seen at 3.24am, police have been aware of the possibility Corrie could be at the landfill site.

“The search is likely to take six to 10 weeks to complete, although this will obviously depend on daily progress on the site,” said detective superintendent Katie Elliott.

Media Thread

Purplepixii's Case Map
MidsummersDay's Timeline

FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #1
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #2
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #3
FB Live Q&A Discussion Thread #4

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
WS Administrator

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

SOCIAL MEDIA - FACEBOOK, TWITTER, ETC.

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Please Note:

Websleuths is a fact-based forum. Rumors and gossip are not permitted. When you state something as "fact," you must back it up with a link to an approved source. If you can't link it, you can't post it.

As Admin Bessie stated above, the Find Corrie Facebook page is OFF LIMITS. If you read it on Facebook, leave it on Facebook.

You are free to give as much or as little weight as you choose to the information provided by the family via their website http://www.findcorrie.co.uk. What you cannot do, however, is bash them, attack them, or suggest their involvement in Corrie's disappearance. Unless and until LE states otherwise, they are innocent victims who are desperate to find their loved one.

All previous mod and admin reminders still stand.

Thank you.

The Rules Forum
Etiquette & Information
The Rules - Social Media

"The dad of missing Corrie McKeague feels no anger towards the man who gave police the wrong information about the bin believed to have contained his son.

Martin McKeague says he doesn’t want the waste disposal worker’s life to be destroyed by the error.

He said he can only imagine how Hayden Stephens feels about what police have said was a “genuine mistake”.

And he hopes the 26-year-old, who works for waste firm Biffa, can put it behind him.

Martin, 48, of Cupar, Fife said: “One young man’s life has been destroyed. We know we’ve lost Corrie, I don’t want to see another young life destroyed."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/i-feel-him-missing-airmans-10009599

@Cherwell
The Faq I directed you to was for the doorway interaction with a passer by because you said you hadnt seen that mentioned. The running/tripping faq was later verbally corrected IIRC. Scorpio remembers too but I can't place when it was changed sorry.

"The dad of missing Corrie McKeague feels no anger towards the man who gave police the wrong information about the bin believed to have contained his son.

Martin McKeague says he doesn’t want the waste disposal worker’s life to be destroyed by the error.

He said he can only imagine how Hayden Stephens feels about what police have said was a “genuine mistake”.

And he hopes the 26-year-old, who works for waste firm Biffa, can put it behind him.

Martin, 48, of Cupar, Fife said: “One young man’s life has been destroyed. We know we’ve lost Corrie, I don’t want to see another young life destroyed."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/i-feel-him-missing-airmans-10009599

MM also says the weight was over 110kg (not 11) and the police did a great job finding the error. He said if the weight had been reported correctly the LF would have been searched 2 weeks after C went missing. He is still behind SP 100 % by the look of it.

I've followed this from the start from a far and I think we are coming to the end so I thought I'd add my bit. I became connected to this case originally because of the similarities I saw of myself in Corrie.

In my years spent chasing women I made erratic decisions, took risks and put myself in vunerable positions many times, spending nights in all sorts of places with all sorts of women. It was probably the best time of my life but in hindsight also the most dangerous. Socially, I lived to go out, to meet people, to have mad nights, again doing things spontaneously and living in the moment. Man, I wish I could go back sometimes.

I feel sad for this young man that he was probably of a very similar breed, and because of the mystery that developed around his disappearance his whole private life was brought to the table, cross-examined and judged by millions of people. It makes me shiver to think of my mum finding out about my antics back then.

But at heart I think Corrie was a kind genuine lad, that worked as a medic in the militarily to help people. That loved his pet dog and his mum. That cared so much about his job he wouldn't risk sleeping in his car intoxicated because of the risk that carried of being caught, potentially leading to dismissal.

I think it's as simple as, he brought lots of food to sober up and because he was starving. Sat down after eating it, bloated and drunk and fell asleep. He woke up bursting for the toilet, jogged to find somewhere to relieve himself, did so, and then got in a recycling bin as quickly as possible so he wasn't seen, and carried on sleeping till the morning. In my opinion there is absolutely no involvement of drugs in this case.

Im not surprised councils don't sort recycling, and just take it to landfill with general waste. Does anyone really have that much faith in public services these days? We're living in times of hardship and cutbacks.* People commonly don't do their jobs properly because of low pay and lack of incentive. I think this probably plays source to the errors at Biffa as well.

I think he's turning up at the landfill and my investment in this case ends at that moment. I won't be reading the dissection of that event. Thanks if you've got this far. I'm glad I posted. RIP CM.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There is an article in the Sun today by a former detective. It says that the bin lorry was in the HS for 30mins. At the bottom of the article there are comments by the public, one of which says that when they get there bin emptied (commercial) it takes no time at all and they don't believe the lorry would have needed the 30mins in there. Does anyone think that Corrie could have been put in the bin after a tragic accident involving the lorry reversing?

I was surprised by Colin Sutton's conclusion in the article because he says he believes C could have been assaulted while the cam was turned away. But that would mean it was someone in one of the vehicles or buildings or someone seen leaving on foot.
Depends when the person left on foot or if they cut through a building. Going with CH, conclusion, they may not have been seen and of course proof. There's something not quite right about it all as you had in your list yesterday. SP could still be suspicious of foul play, but don't have evidence.JMO

@Cherwell
The Faq I directed you to was for the doorway interaction with a passer by because you said you hadnt seen that mentioned. The running/tripping faq was later verbally corrected IIRC. Scorpio remembers too but I can't place when it was changed sorry.
Hi Shires,
Just coming out of lurkdom to say I also remember that Nicola agreed that he was running/jogging rather than skipping/tripping when he appears on that part of he CCTV footage but I can't remember just when she corrected that piece of info, apologies.
Plus, Scorpio was asking in the previous thread about Tony mentioning Corrie's visits to Marham but what I think Tony said was that Corrie had recently been suffering from depression and he said it on Fill Yer Boots military 'banter' Facebook page a few days after C went missing. I remember it because when it was discovered that he had said that, it caused quite a furore! I think the family then said the depression had been dealt with and he was in better form when he went missing.
Apologies if I'm not allowed to mention that Facebook page and please delete if not.

Sent from my b1-720 using Tapatalk

Hi Shires,
Just coming out of lurkdom to say I also remember that Nicola agreed that he was running/jogging rather than skipping/tripping when he appears on that part of he CCTV footage but I can't remember just when she corrected that piece of info, apologies.
Plus, Scorpio was asking in the previous thread about Tony mentioning Corrie's visits to Marham but what I think Tony said was that Corrie had recently been suffering from depression and he said it on Fill Yer Boots military 'banter' Facebook page a few days after C went missing. I remember it because when it was discovered that he had said that, it caused quite a furore! I think the family then said the depression had been dealt with and he was in better form when he went missing.
Apologies if I'm not allowed to mention that Facebook page and please delete if not.

Thanks for that. I think the Marham thing may have been mentioned by UT in one of his interviews or in his Q&a. I think he mentioned C visited Marham regularly.

I was surprised by Colin Sutton's conclusion in the article because he says he believes C could have been assaulted while the cam was turned away. But that would mean it was someone in one of the vehicles or buildings or someone seen leaving on foot.

I was surprised by his conclusion as well. I think he either got in the bin voluntarily - sleepy, drunk and wanted to fill in a few hours till morning, he possibly did intend to walk home but after falling asleep in the doorway it is possible that he woke up and changed his mind to drive home in the morning. The other thing I think could have happened is an accident involving the bin lorry.

Was the bin lorry really there for 30 minutes?

I agree, I wonder how accurate the 30 minutes is. I recall it was 20 before so do we even know if this is right. I honestly don't think it would need 30 minutes so if this timeline is accurate then I think this raises suspicion. Has UT issued any public comments recently, apologies if he has and I have missed them but he seems to be keeping a much lower profile with the case than he did at the start.

Thanks for that. I think the Marham thing may have been mentioned by UT in one of his interviews or in his Q&a. I think he mentioned C visited Marham regularly.
Ah ok, I got the wrong end of the stick there, apologies!

I agree, I wonder how accurate the 30 minutes is. I recall it was 20 before so do we even know if this is right. I honestly don't think it would need 30 minutes so if this timeline is accurate then I think this raises suspicion.

Surely the CCTV would show the lorry arriving and leaving.

@Cherwell

I haven't followed every development in this case, but there seems to have been a lot of contradictions and changes of story. Surely there ought to be agreement on whether C was running or not? Is it because there is a difference between flat-out running, as if to run away from someone or to catch up with them, and casual jogging?

Ah ok, I got the wrong end of the stick there, apologies!

No you were right also I think both have been mentioned. The Marham abduction was also speculated at one point as possibly mistaken identity and they may have tried again with C .

Surely the CCTV would show the lorry arriving and leaving.

I haven't followed every development in this case, but there seems to have been a lot of contradictions and changes of story. Surely there ought to be agreement on whether C was running or not? Is it because there is a difference between flat-out running, as if to run away from someone or to catch up with them, and casual jogging?

It's impossible to say as none of us have seen the cctv so we go by other's opinions, which is all that has changed as we hear or see more up to date info and opinions. It's like a moving target, so difficult to hit with accuracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer