Found Safe FL - Ashlynn VanOrman, 2 mos, Charlotte County, 1 March 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Charlotte County Sheriff's Office Nixle Alert
Ashlynn%20VanOrman_0.png

The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is attempting to locate and check the well-being of 2 month old Ashlynn Van Orman. Van Orman was placed into the care and custody of her mother's friend, James Gregg Fender, dob 8-15-1962, LKA 17150 River Ranch Ct., Punta Gorda, FL, by the mother. There is no reason to suspect that the child is in any danger and this is merely a well-being check at this time. These two individuals were last seen on or about March 1, 2017.
If you know their whereabouts, you are asked to contact the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office at 941-639-2101.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5874339/

https://www.pl8pic.com/A_VanOrman

https://www.facebook.com/CCSOFLSheriff/

From los2188's links:

Van Orman was placed into the care and custody of her mother's friend, James Gregg Fender, dob 8-15-1962, LKA 17150 River Ranch Ct., Punta Gorda, FL, by the mother.

and:

Ashlynn was last seen on March 1, 2017 in Englewood, Florida when Ashlynn was picked up by a man who allegedly claimed to be her step-father. Since that time, the man claiming to be Ashlynn's step-father and Ashlynn have not been seen or heard from.

Sounds like two different stories to me. Sweet baby, I hope she is ok!

Charlotte County Sheriff's Office Nixle Alert
Ashlynn%20VanOrman_0.png

The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office is attempting to locate and check the well-being of 2 month old Ashlynn Van Orman. Van Orman was placed into the care and custody of her mother's friend, James Gregg Fender, dob 8-15-1962, LKA 17150 River Ranch Ct., Punta Gorda, FL, by the mother. There is no reason to suspect that the child is in any danger and this is merely a well-being check at this time. These two individuals were last seen on or about March 1, 2017.
If you know their whereabouts, you are asked to contact the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office at 941-639-2101.

https://local.nixle.com/alert/5874339/

https://www.pl8pic.com/A_VanOrman

https://www.facebook.com/CCSOFLSheriff/
I do hope she is ok.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

What a tangled web....I hope she's found safe.

Ugh! I hope this baby is being taken care of and loved by someone caring.

Oh wow!
I hope this ends up being a misunderstanding. Hopefully this beautiful baby is located soon.

Let's think about this for a second-
Mom was arrested. Fact?
At that point she must've been in care of her baby. (Guess)
The officer released her baby to someone claiming to be either her step dad or the babies step dad ( depending on what report we go on)
Wouldn't the officer have asked Mom " hey your step dad James -gregg is here to pick up your baby? ( Guess)

I can't see an officer handing a random man the baby without consulting mom first.
If Mom okayed this and then her family went and filed a missing persons on the baby because they don't know this man, that may explain why it's just listed as a welfare check and not a kidnapping at this point.
If Mom didn't okay this then maybe she wanted him to have the baby and didn't want her own family to have her( that would be pretty unbelievable to think a police officer just hands over her baby to a random person) IMO only-MOO & Jmo

Let's think about this for a second-
Mom was arrested. Fact?
At that point she must've been in care of her baby. (Guess)
The officer released her baby to someone claiming to be either her step dad or the babies step dad ( depending on what report we go on)
Wouldn't the officer have asked Mom " hey your step dad James -gregg is here to pick up your baby? ( Guess)

I can't see an officer handing a random man the baby without consulting mom first.
If Mom okayed this and then her family went and filed a missing persons on the baby because they don't know this man, that may explain why it's just listed as a welfare check and not a kidnapping at this point.
If Mom didn't okay this then maybe she wanted him to have the baby and didn't want her own family to have her( that would be pretty unbelievable to think a police officer just hands over her baby to a random person) IMO only-MOO & Jmo

The article I posted up the thread seems to indicate that he arrived at the point of arrest (I'm sure at her request, they're facebook friends with all three of her profiles) and she pretended he was her step dad.

Maybe so her family wouldn't find out she was arrested, who knows. Seems playing very fast and loose with the baby's safety just to keep her arrest a secret. She's still in jail according to county arrest records.

North Port again.

I really hope this baby is found safe and real soon.

This does not mention the baby is missing!

I wonder how it came to light the baby is missing. Maybe the mom's family caught wind of this story and hurried to find the baby and regain family custody? It does seem likely that the publication of this article caused the awareness that the baby is now missing.

So the news story of the arrest was published this morning. Then, the missing baby story appeared on the sheriff's county website at 3:30 p.m.

It seems likely no one at all was looking for the baby between March 1 until this morning, and then that follows that the baby may be absolutely fine and this guy has gone to a female relatives house for help with baby care. It doesn't appear anyone at all was aware the baby was missing until sometime today.

Edited to Add: No wait. I went back through family facebook pages and a plea went out last night just before 6 p.m. for help finding the baby. The posts don't reference a media article or LE website, just photos of the baby and pleas for help. So it seems sometime late yesterday it became known to family the baby was missing.

If I had to guess, I'd say moms family found out she was arrested and then started searching for baby. IMO
It seems like if Mom wanted them to have the baby, she would've called them.
But Mom is also a drug user and may not be thinking clearly.
I'd hate to see this guys life and reputation ruined because people may think he kidnapped a child or took the child without moms okay or something. ( You know people usually don't look into things before talking about it! Rumors are spread faster then truth!)
Luckily DCF is already involved in this babies life so hopefully they can help this baby have a normal life. ( It is not normal for Mom to be in jail and have warrants and drug paraphernalia and give their babies away to friends while they're in jail)

I don't like this one little bit. Where is this baby?

If this guy has stopped at female friends homes asking for help in caring for this baby but police have not been able to contact him, maybe he does not own a phone?
If he's really honestly just watching the baby for the mom at her request, I'm sure he'll be found very soon. Someone will see the story and tell him about it.
If Mom didn't want him to have this baby, she shouldn't have let him take her that day.
I'd be willing to bet that moms family wants to know where baby is and filed the report. IMO only.

My goodness, her eyes; they are a window to a beautiful soul! So loving.
I hope she is located quickly and placed with a loving caretaker.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back