Air Marshal fires weapon onboard jet MIA Airport

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Federal Air Marshal fires weapon on a plane on the runway at Miami Interantional Airport.

More details soon.. this is breaking news :eek:

MIAMI, Florida (CNN) -- A weapon was fired on an American Airlines plane as it was on the runway at Miami International Airport on Wednesday, authorities confirmed.

The weapon was apparently fired by a federal air marshal on board the plane, which was on a stopover during a flight from Medellin, Colombia, to Orlando, Florida, police said.

The Boeing 757 was due to take off for Orlando at 2:18 p.m. ET.

More soon.

http://webmail.casshew.com/horde/

The passenger was saying he had a bomb and was shot by the Marshal.

Wow.. no negotiations, no nothing... it must have been pretty intense onboard - can you imagine? :eek:

Casshew said:
Wow.. no negotiations, no nothing... it must have been pretty intense onboard - can you imagine? :eek:
Thank God! I hope this send a strong message to any other goons with crazy ideas!

GOOD. may he rot in hell. :furious:

I :confused: want to know if he really had a bomb? Wonder if this was his way of commiting suicide?

Casshew said:
It doesn't sound as if there was any time for negotiations. The passenger said the bomb was in his carry-on luggage, he was told to release the bag and hit the ground, he didn't do it. Then he reached into the bag and was told to take his hand out, he didn't do it. I don't see where there was any other choice.

Marthatex said:
The Cnn report says the search did not find a bomb.

Thanks Marthatex, it will be interesting to hear if he left a suicide note.

I was thinking today what a boring, mundane job an Air Marshall must have... 99.99999999% of the time, nothing happens and you sit, flying hour after hour... day after day, eating your little tray of airline food.

When something like this happens, you need to be on your toes

One of the other passengers said they heard the wife of the man shot say he had BPD, and did not take his medication this morning. Also, there's a question of did the passenger speak English.

Still finding out facts, more info will come, I hope

Casshew said:
I was thinking today what a boring, mundane job an Air Marshall must have... 99.99999999% of the time, nothing happens and you sit, flying hour after hour... day after day, eating your little tray of airline food.

When something like this happens, you need to be on your toes
I always look around at the passengers on the plane and wonder who could be an air marshall...and hoping one is on board.

He has to have known some English - he told them he had a bomb...

Sassy,
I know - sorry! I don't understand why. For one thing, I typed airplane but it keeps coming out as irplane. Go to Yahoo.com and then Yahoo news. The man was traveling with his wife and didn't take his medication.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back