Found Deceased KY - Maudie Smith, Perry County, 22 Feb 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Friends search for missing Perry County woman
Maudie+Smith.jpg

Danielle Bush told WYMT, her lifelong friend, Maudie Smith, went missing sometime in late February. She said it's out of character for her friend not to call for so long.

"You never think it's going to happen to you go missing," said Bush.

No one has reported seeing or hearing from Smith in at least two weeks.

http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Friends-search-for-missing-Perry-County-woman-416082443.html

On her Facebook on feb 22 she comments that she is drug free. I hope she didn't relapse or worse. Praying...

A long shot, but did friends and family check local hospitals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REmains found (as of yet unidentified) in Perry County. Friends believe it to be Maudie Smith's remains:
http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Fr...-County-belong-to-missing-woman419562753.html

"It appears to be human remains. We're kind of uncertain as to whether it is for certain human remains. We're also uncertain as to what sex the human remains would be; and then again, as far as identification, we know that there's small amounts of tissue that could be DNA test-possible," said Perry County Deputy Coroner Jeffrey Combs.

This comes weeks after Smiley Jent told WYMT, her friend Maudie Smith went missing.

Last July 6, 2016 she'd been clean for 41 days. The photo that she made her profile picture, on 2/22/2017 @ 8:33 pm, and is the same one that she stated in the comments that she was clean again, was taken by her friend, on January. In reading through her FB, and asking around, it's possible she might have slipped, and went to someone's place to get straight again. Just a guess.

Someone commented on that photo that she made a profile photo, on 2/02/17, asking; Where the H3!! you at? She didn't respond til 10 days later, on 2/12/17. She didn't tell them where she was at. She only responded with Hey, where u?

The next comment was posted on 2/12/17 by a friend sending love. She didn't respond til 2/21/17. She exchanged several comments that day and then made that same January pic her profile pic, later that evening. That was the last date that she replied to comments.

It sounds like she'd relapsed, since last July. I wonder if she'd holed up somewhere to get away from everyone, and go cold turkey, but, relapsed and possibly gotten hold of something bad, and they've just recently found her.

REmains found (as of yet unidentified) in Perry County. Friends believe it to be Maudie Smith's remains:
http://www.wymt.com/content/news/Fr...-County-belong-to-missing-woman419562753.html

"It appears to be human remains. We're kind of uncertain as to whether it is for certain human remains. We're also uncertain as to what sex the human remains would be; and then again, as far as identification, we know that there's small amounts of tissue that could be DNA test-possible," said Perry County Deputy Coroner Jeffrey Combs.

This comes weeks after Smiley Jent told WYMT, her friend Maudie Smith went missing.

Has there been any update on this? I checked but didn't see anything in local news media. Perhaps they're still waiting on lab results?

If not her, I hope the search for her continues.

Has there been any update on this? I checked but didn't see anything in local news media. Perhaps they're still waiting on lab results?

If not her, I hope the search for her continues.

There's been nothing since that last article as far as I can tell....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been around four months since the remains were found. They have found that the remains are those belonging to a female but no identity yet. Just checking in, I feel so sad for her.

I've been emailing LE asking about this case, and why the results haven't been made public. Still haven't gotten a reply. I don't know a lot about DNA identification, but it seems like there should have been at the very least an update made available.

I've been emailing LE asking about this case, and why the results haven't been made public. Still haven't gotten a reply. I don't know a lot about DNA identification, but it seems like there should have been at the very least an update made available.
Several months ago, I messaged a local news station, that first aired her going missing, and they said the remains were still in TN. I don't remember if they got back to me the 2nd time I contacted them. I'll have to chk.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Her profile was just added to NamUs. They modified the UP's profile earlier this month. It would be weird if they weren't one and the same person but they don't have DNA for Maudie, nor dentals. It find it strange that the UP is so hard to analyze. That suggests to me that the person was deceased for quite a long time whereas Maudie would only have been deceased for two months if she did die near Bears Lane on Feb. 22nd. I profiled this case at my website.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back