The injuries of Devon

SnootyVixen

Former Member
Reaction score
It is my belief that the prosecution in the trial did not understand the injuries of Devon Routier.
I do not think he was stabbed as he slept. I think he was awake and active when he was stabbed. What do you think?

SnootyVixen said:
It is my belief that the prosecution in the trial did not understand the injuries of Devon Routier.
I do not think he was stabbed as he slept. I think he was awake and active when he was stabbed. What do you think?
He might have been asleep at first, but nobody could sleep through that. He has a small cut on his buttocks which could indicate he raised his hips up and kicked at his attacker. This could have caused the knife to slip. There is no evidence to show that Devon got up and walked around.

beesy said:
He might have been asleep at first, but nobody could sleep through that. He has a small cut on his buttocks which could indicate he raised his hips up and kicked at his attacker. This could have caused the knife to slip. There is no evidence to show that Devon got up and walked around.

No, not to show he got up and walked around. But there is uncontestable proof that Devon was upright when he was stabbed the first time. Sitting up or kneeling for sure. Because there is a great wash of blood down his chest which soaks into his underpants but only in the front.
I admit that I cannot recall if I ever have seen his legs to see if the blood went that far.
But it is evident to me that he then fell to his back quickly because the blood on the chest ran down the sides of the chest.
It also says that he was moved or moved himself after falling to his back because the blood goes down the sides of his chest and stops and there is no blood line in the carpeting. The photograph of him lying on his back does not show him where he first fell. But it is very possible that Darin or the medical people moved him.
The blood stain on his chest does not look to be so great but one can see that it has been diluted and wiped away. But even if it has been mostly wiped off the evidence of a wash of blood down the chest is still there to be seen.
For myself I cannot imagine why the prosecution said that he was stabbed as he lay sleeping. To me an amateur can see that is not what was the case.

I have to edit as I forgot to say this is my opinion.

SnootyVixen said:
No, not to show he got up and walked around.
I know you didn't mean that. Chris Brown has a very crazy theory that Devon walked over to the sofa, was attacked by the Super Intruder, then fell back through the glass table top with the attacker on him. So I just wanted to stick that in there for anyone else who might read this.
But there is uncontestable proof that Devon was upright when he was stabbed the first time. Sitting up or kneeling for sure. Because there is a great wash of blood down his chest which soaks into his underpants but only in the front
Proof or your theory? I don't think the blood from his chest says he was sitting up, I think it says he was stabbed in the chest. Your theory doesn't explain the cut on his buttocks at all. Laying on his back with his hips up would have also prevented blood from being on the back. And pulling his hips and legs upwards to kick at Darlie would allow the blood from his chest wounds to get on the front of underwear. So imagine you're on your back. Pull your hips up and kick out. The underwear area is raised up close to the chest, right?
But it is evident to me that he then fell to his back quickly because the blood on the chest ran down the sides of the chest
Laying on his back would also cause blood from a chest wound to run down his sides, would it not?
It also says that he was moved or moved himself after falling to his back because the blood goes down the sides of his chest and stops and there is no blood line in the carpeting.
Why would there need to be a line in the carpeting? Wouldn't the blood have done the same thing if he was laying down with his hips up? I don't believe he was lying down flat through the whole attack. But I think he brought his legs up. I am having a hard time imagining him sitting up, then falling back down. Seems if he was sitting up, he'd use his arms for defense. Laying down he would use his feet. Plus there is an outline of the knife in blood on the carpet. This could mean his attacker held him down. IMO Isn't the outline near Devon?

The photograph of him lying on his back does not show him where he first fell. But it is very possible that Darin or the medical people moved him
Fact or opinion? Why do you think the photo does not show the place where he died? I think it does, but Darin might have pulled him closer to give him CPR if he even did. I'm not sure I believe that he performed CPR before the first cop arrived. In other words IMO, it was for show. I do not think the medics moved him. They knew he was beyond help and that moving the body would have disturbed the crime scene :twocents:

The blood stain on his chest does not look to be so great but one can see that it has been diluted and wiped away. But even if it has been mostly wiped off the evidence of a wash of blood down the chest is still there to be seen
Most likely the smeared part is from Darin. Not in any effort to wipe it off, but by touching his chest.
I have to edit and say it is my opinion

Yes, don't forget that, you'll get your hand slapped lol
The blood stain on his chest does not look to be so great but one can see that it has been diluted and wiped away. But even if it has been mostly wiped off the evidence of a wash of blood down the chest is still there to be seen.
For myself I cannot imagine why the prosecution said that he was stabbed as he lay sleeping. To me an amateur can see that is not what was the case
I don't think the state says he was stabbed and killed while asleep. I think they say he woke up during the attack. He did not die right away so he had to have waked up. The way I see it is in order to get that cut on his butt, he would have had to raise up his hips and legs to kick at his attacker.
Did you get my 2nd PM?

I don't think the state says he was stabbed and killed while asleep. I think they say he woke up during the attack. He did not die right away so he had to have waked up. The way I see it is in order to get that cut on his butt, he would have had to raise up his hips and legs to kick at his attacker.
Did you get my 2nd PM?[/QUOTE]

Maybe he did get this cut on his leg in this manner. And yes I did get your second pm and thank you.

SnootyVixen said:
No, not to show he got up and walked around. But there is uncontestable proof that Devon was upright when he was stabbed the first time.

What uncontestable proof? Show me. I want to see.

SnootyVixen said:
Sitting up or kneeling for sure. Because there is a great wash of blood down his chest which soaks into his underpants but only in the front.
Seeping blood could do the same thing. You forget. Even if he was sitting upright and stabbed, the blood still would have squirted outward. Most of his blood was still in his chest cavity when autopsied. The rest pooled out of his wounds, except for what Darin blew out of the wound holes and his mouth if you can believe Darin. Point is, the blood pooled out of the wounds and streamed downward to his britches. It would do that if he was laying flat or if he was laying on a pillow, depending on the exact position of the wounds and the exact position of his legs and upper torso, etc. We don't know exactly what that was because Darin handled him when he did the CPR. .

SnootyVixen said:
I admit that I cannot recall if I ever have seen his legs to see if the blood went that far.
But it is evident to me that he then fell to his back quickly because the blood on the chest ran down the sides of the chest.
It also says that he was moved or moved himself after falling to his back because the blood goes down the sides of his chest and stops and there is no blood line in the carpeting. The photograph of him lying on his back does not show him where he first fell. But it is very possible that Darin or the medical people moved him.
For myself I cannot imagine why the prosecution said that he was stabbed as he lay sleeping. To me an amateur can see that is not what was the case.

I have to edit as I forgot to say this is my opinion.
I agree that the boy was probably not sleeping, but I don't think that means he was up and about. Or that he was even sitting upright. My instincts tell me that he was probably giving Darlie a hard time verbally and that something he said brought on the initial attack. He could have been in a half sitting position, maybe on his elbows as he whined or hollered back at her. Or he could have been laying flat. I think if he we upright though, even in a sitting position, the blood evidence would have told the ME that.

Now Damon I do believe was sleeping when attacked. That is why he was stabbed in the back. Add that to the fact that he was stabbed in the very place he slept earlier and it is most likely that he was sleeping when attacked. And he was probably attacked after Devon, possible even some time after Devon had died.

SnootyVixen said:
I think you are right. All that blood on the front of his underwear didn't get there from Devon kicking his legs up in the air. :doh:

accordn2me said:
I think you are right. All that blood on the front of his underwear didn't get there from Devon kicking his legs up in the air. :doh:
It certainly could have. Unless you conduct a test you cannot say for sure how it got there. Personally, I don't think it matters one hoot. What does it show? That Devon was stabbed in the groin? Nope! That he fought with his attacker? We know somebody murdered him, whether or not he sat up to fight or kicked his legs, does it show who the killer is? Nope. Explain the cut on his butt if he didn't raise up his legs. Oh and the bruises on the bottoms of his feet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back