KY KY - Nicholasville, Jessamine Co, WhtMale Adult, UP16396, St. Christopher Medal, Sz 7.5 Florsheim Loafers, Dress Pants & Shirt, Leather Jacket, Apr'81

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP 16396

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16396

Unidentified White Male

Found April 9, 1981 in Jessamine County, KY
Body Condition:
Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Probable year of death: 1980 to 1981

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: Unknown Age
Approximate Height: 68 estimate
Approximate Weight: 140 estimate.
Hair Color: Brown

Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks:
Tattoo on each arm - unable to make out what they were, SOLDER on one arm, per KSP report; old fracture of right mandible (jaw)

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
Brown cotton dress trousers size 30, brand Male (?); Black nylon dress shirt, size 14-14 1/2, brand Alfredo; Black zip up leather jacket, size small, brand Samber; brown leather dress belt
Jewerly:
St. Christopher medal
Footwear:
Brown Florsheim loafers with tassels size 7 1/2; blue cotton socks size small
Accessories: Nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA:
Sample available: not yet submitted

Case History:
Body found at base of cliff above Hickman Creek 7 1/2 miles south of Nicholasville

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP16396
Male, White / Caucasian

Date Body Found: April 9, 1981
Location Found:
Nicholasville, Kentucky
Estimated Age: Adult
Estimated Year of Death: 1980-1981
Estimated Height: 5' 8"
Estimated Weight: 140 lbs
Hair Color: Brown

Tattoos: Tattoo on each arm - unable to make out what they were, (SOLDER on one arm, per KSP report)

Clothing: Brown cotton dress trousers size 30, brand Male (?) Black nylon dress shirt, size 14-14 1/2, brand Alfredo Black zip-up leather jacket, size small, brand Samber brown leather dress belt
Footwear: Brown Florsheim loafers with tassels size 7 1/2 blue cotton socks size small
Jewelry: St. Christopher medal

Circumstances of Recovery:
Body found at the base of a cliff above Hickman Creek 7 1/2 miles south of Nicholasville

"0 Missing Person Exclusions"

Okay, here is a loose theory... Simply based on the location of where this UID was found... I am looking for him to possibly have ties to Andrew Carter Thornton II. Thornton and friends had a farm/training compound very near Sugar Creek Pike during PMI. Actually, I believe one of Thorton's pals owned property on Sugar Creek Pike. Most all of Thornton's friends were ex-military... So this UID's tattoo of "soldier" (questionable spelling by person entering info) would possibly fit as well.

There were missing and deceased surrounding all members of ACT and "The Company".

Just a theory of mine and possibly too conspiratorial-leaning but... It's what I think.

I have been searching for ACT associates who went missing during the time period but it's quite an endeavor... As it involves many states and court cases during the late 70s to early 81.

I don't want to make this thread about ACT so I refrain from including links to his history in the area. However, many of the posts related to him can be found in the Missing Persons thread of Melanie Flynn.

I wasn't sure if it meant the tattoo said "SOLDER" or that he had splashes of solder (like from a soldering iron) on his arm.

For those of us who don't want to spend all night going down a rathole: can you give us a short summary of who ACT is? And what Sugar Creek Pike has to do with it? I don't see anything about a road by that name in the UID's case file?

Usually when remains are found at the base of a cliff, I think suicide.

I wasn't sure if it meant the tattoo said "SOLDER" or that he had splashes of solder (like from a soldering iron) on his arm.

For those of us who don't want to spend all night going down a rathole: can you give us a short summary of who ACT is? And what Sugar Creek Pike has to do with it? I don't see anything about a road by that name in the UID's case file?

Usually when remains are found at the base of a cliff, I think suicide.

I will try to explain the locations and associations but my head has been filled with examining this rat hole... I don't have the ability atm. In the meantime just feel free to ignore!

I will try to explain the locations and associations but my head has been filled with examining this rat hole... I don't have the ability atm. In the meantime just feel free to ignore!

I don't need the whole documentary. The tag line from the program will be enough :)

Mainly--is he a suspected killer, or another victim?

Andrew Carter Thornton II, who had single-handedly summed up the dark side of the American dream, or at least the Kentucky version of it, when he landed on a Knoxville, Tenn., driveway with several million dollars worth of cocaine strapped to his waist and a failed parachute strapped to his back. He was 40 when he died.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...venture/982df601-7c8c-4955-a09c-b6d1f3b0a426/

Andrew C. Thornton II - Wikipedia

Cocaine-Carrying Chutist Was Ex-Policeman, Lawyer

The FBI files are an interesting read but long and redacted and... Old. I will try to find.

Andrew Thornton Part 01 of 01

Last edited:
Wow. Thank you!

It IS a rathole. And may have nothing to do with this UID.... I can't prove anything. But, I have more information on others involved with ACT and friends. But, until I can connect any dots... I will just sit quiet ;)

img

April 10, 1981. The Advocate-Messenger, Danville, KY.

I was doing through all the Ky cases and noticed I missed this newspaper article. Anyone see the discrepancies? Hair color, shoes, etc. The article also gives an approximate age of 20-35, which was one of the question I had listed to ask bring up to the ME. Now I’m not sure what all to ask... :confused:

Those aren't huge discrepancies. Black hair versus (dark) brown hair and beige pants versus brown pants are in the eye of the beholder, and a black shirt might easily have faded to a bluish color that the autopsy was able to determine.

Boots versus tasseled loafers though...that's a biggie. The tasseled loafers seem more appropriate to the other clothing. Sounds like he's a bit dressed up, like for an evening out.

I've seen a lot of cases where the initial reports from untrained LE have turned out to be incorrect. Like one that was assumed to be a young girl based on the presence of a pink sparkle quilt but turned out to be a middle-aged man and the quilt might not even be related to the body.

Those aren't huge discrepancies. Black hair versus (dark) brown hair and beige pants versus brown pants are in the eye of the beholder, and a black shirt might easily have faded to a bluish color that the autopsy was able to determine.

Boots versus tasseled loafers though...that's a biggie. The tasseled loafers seem more appropriate to the other clothing. Sounds like he's a bit dressed up, like for an evening out.

I've seen a lot of cases where the initial reports from untrained LE have turned out to be incorrect. Like one that was assumed to be a young girl based on the presence of a pink sparkle quilt but turned out to be a middle-aged man and the quilt might not even be related to the body.

ITA regarding the boots vs Florsheim loafers.

IMO A dress belt and loafers seem to go together. Work boots and soldering (or soldier-ing ;)) seem to go together. Not that it's impossible to mix them up but ??

And, it would be nice to have more information about the "solder" on one arm - was it a misspelled tattoo or actually solder on his arm.

This page says he was in his 50s

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Lee
Back