Resolved OR - Jackson Co, Fem UP16349, 18-30, remains off May Creek Road, Feb'79 - N/A

Romulus

Reaction score
NamUs UP 16349

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16349

Unidentified Body/Remains (Female)

Found February 12, 1979 in Jackson County, OR
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18-30 (Adult - Pre-30)
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color:
nothing
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing

Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered
DNA: Sample submitted-tests not complete

Case History:
A partial human skull was found about 4.4 miles up the May Creek road (from East Evans Creek Road) on February 2, 1979. In addition, a human mandible was discovered one year later on May 6, 1980 approximately 1/2 mile southeast of the partial human skull. These are thought to be the same individual.

NamUs UP 16349

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16349

Unidentified Body/Remains (Female)

Found February 12, 1979 in Jackson County, OR
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18-30 (Adult - Pre-30)
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color:
nothing
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing

Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered
DNA: Sample submitted-tests not complete

Case History:
A partial human skull was found about 4.4 miles up the May Creek road (from East Evans Creek Road) on February 2, 1979. In addition, a human mandible was discovered one year later on May 6, 1980 approximately 1/2 mile southeast of the partial human skull. These are thought to be the same individual.

Almost makes you wonder how much of a search they did around the area the skull was found.

Until the dental chart is entered and the DNA is processed I don't think there is much to help rule in or out any potential candidates.

MCJD's dental chart has been entered into NamUs, also her age range has been adjusted to 15-30. No word yet on whether Cindy King has been ruled out.

May Creek Jane Doe has been unidentified for 39 years today.

Aside from the thread title, I don't see anywhere where this was confirmed as a female. Is this certain?

Aside from the thread title, I don't see anywhere where this was confirmed as a female. Is this certain?

This was mentioned via NamUs prior to the recent changes on this UID's profile. It initially said the remains were female and 18-30.

DNA status has been changed from "tests incomplete" to "insufficient for profiling".

These remains are likely either Karen Lee or Rodney Grissim as it is close to where their clothing and personal items were found. Per the newspaper article I found describing these remains.

These remains are likely either Karen Lee or Rodney Grissim as it is close to where their clothing and personal items were found. Per the newspaper article I found describing these remains.
Are you able to post the article here?

Are you able to post the article here?

Oops. Apparently I was mixing up this UID. I don't think the bones found that are likely either Karen or Rodney are in Namus. I reached out to Nici Vance but I've yet to hear back. This was during the Annie Doe stuff so perhaps I should follow up and find out if the remains that were mentioned in the article are still around somewhere or if the great state of Oregon disposed of them like they used to. :(

DNA status has been changed from "tests incomplete" to "insufficient for profiling".
That’s unfortunate. I wonder if they’ve done any searches for additional remains. Mays Creek has so many tributaries that the remains could have traveled during seasonal flooding. She could have been a vacationer hiking in the NW area. There are a few national forests nearby. She could have originated from further north or east too.

Update Namus is Unsure the sex and race.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back