Airline Pilot Wife Die From Opioid Overdose/Children Find Parents Call 911

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's be honest, most of us have a preconceived notion about what drug addicts look like.

The reality is drug addiction crosses every single social, economical, and any other line you can think of.

You know drug addicts. You may not know they are a drug addict but they are in your life somewhere.

Authorities on Friday were investigating the deaths of a Spirit Airlines pilot and his wife whose bodies were found by their children in their southwestern Ohio home. A coroner said the preliminary cause of death for both appears consistent with a drug overdose.
Pilot Brian
[FONT=&amp]Halye[/FONT], 36, and wife Courtney, 34, were found dead Thursday in a bedroom of their home in Centerville, south of Dayton, police said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...dead-children-after-possible-overdose-n735086
Spirit Airlines Pilot, Wife Found Dead by Children After Possible Overdose

by PHIL MCCAUSLAND and SHAMAR WALTERS

Authorities on Friday were investigating the deaths of a Spirit Airlines pilot and his wife whose bodies were found by their children in their southwestern Ohio home. A coroner said the preliminary cause of death for both appears consistent with a drug overdose.
Pilot Brian
[FONT=&amp]Halye[/FONT], 36, and wife Courtney, 34, were found dead Thursday in a bedroom of their home in Centerville, south of Dayton, police said.

Brian and Courtney
Halye's kids found them dead in bed.

The couple's children can be heard on a 911 call after their parents failed to wake them for school.
"They were very cold," their son told a dispatcher while his three sisters can be heard crying in the background.
The son added that they found their parents in bed not breathing and that his sisters described their father's face as "pale and there
[FONT=&amp]was[/FONT] black lines all over his face."

Can you imagine the trauma these children are going to have to overcome as they grow up?

Does anyone have the answer on how to get this problem under control?

I'm all ears. Actually, I'm all eyes ;)

Tricia

Attachments

• Bryan and Courtny Hayle.jpg
    Bryan and Courtny Hayle.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 236
They look so "normal." Ok, I know that may sound ridiculous - there isn't "a look" and maybe that's the lesson in this.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh, my heartbreaks for those children.

God when I worked at the drug rehab I don't know how many people came with a "I found my parent ODed/dead..." stories that started their drug abuse. One teen found his dad dead with a needle in his arm, the kid took the needle out and used the rest of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is that occasional users are now getting horse tranquilizers mixed in their heroin batch.

And the dealers are not evenly mixing it up or putting too much.

So people are basically injesting poison thats not apart of the original seed.

Unfortunately, it appears the wife's mother wasn't completely honest in that NBC interview. This article says the wife was an addict for many years:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime--law/centerville-wife-found-dead-with-husband-hooked-drugs-for-years/eROdxyNkC8TJ5WW1NbcORP/

I live just a few miles from where they were, and it's a nice area. You really don't know what your neighbors are up to, sadly. It's too bad the husband decided to begin using as well. I hope those kids are able to heal.

Now I don't mind parents letting their hair down for the night.

But heroin is definitely not the drug to do with young kiddies still in the house at said time.

Jmo. So drink and have a joint.

But never take anything that could possibly put you immediately asleep forever.

So sad.

But I still wonder if this was a murder/ suicide by heroin.

Because maybe 1 knew it was a bad batch.

But I don't know.

Naw, now every addict in the area wants to know where the couple got their stuff so they can do it too. There's no "bad" batch.

Naw, now every addict in the area wants to know where the couple got their stuff so they can do it too. There's no "bad" batch.

Lol. Yep.

If it kills you. Then that's the good raw stuff.

Where can I get that at but only take half of what they took.

Yep yep.

That is definitely a addicts frame of mind.

Good post.

Unfortunately, it appears the wife's mother wasn't completely honest in that NBC interview. This article says the wife was an addict for many years:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/crime--law/centerville-wife-found-dead-with-husband-hooked-drugs-for-years/eROdxyNkC8TJ5WW1NbcORP/

I live just a few miles from where they were, and it's a nice area. You really don't know what your neighbors are up to, sadly. It's too bad the husband decided to begin using as well. I hope those kids are able to heal.

Denial is a big part of the problem imo - denial by parents, other family members etc - the very people that know drugs are being used even when small children are in the home.

I don't see that changing anytime soon unfortunately - it's easy.

The problem is that occasional users are now getting horse tranquilizers mixed in their heroin batch.

And the dealers are not evenly mixing it up or putting too much.

So people are basically injesting poison thats not apart of the original seed.

This is the part of the current epidemic that baffles me to no end - why are suppliers suddenly killing their customers in large numbers?

Bad batches have been around forever - but why so many bad batches now? It seems so intentional. The suppliers are having to find new customers daily.

I don't get it.

Drug addiction is an equal opportunity problem. It does not care for race or class.

Let's be honest, most of us have a preconceived notion about what drug addicts look like.

The reality is drug addiction crosses every single social, economical, and any other line you can think of.

You know drug addicts. You may not know they are a drug addict but they are in your life somewhere.

I was just saying in another thread on here that drugs are a serious epidemic in Ohio, and they are not bound by class/race/age. :facepalm:

Naw, now every addict in the area wants to know where the couple got their stuff so they can do it too. There's no "bad" batch. ]

There were several cases of heroin being laced with carfentanil in Ohio last year. It was so bad the DEA issued a warning. With your past experience working with addicts you may have heard of fentanyl laced heroin. Carfentanil is similar but much stronger, it's 10,000 times stronger than morphine. ​

Naw, now every addict in the area wants to know where the couple got their stuff so they can do it too. There's no "bad" batch. ]

There were several cases of heroin being laced with carfentanil in Ohio last year. It was so bad the DEA issued a warning. With your past experience working with addicts you may have heard of fentanyl laced heroin. Carfentanil is similar but much stronger, it's 10,000 times stronger than morphine. ​

Looks like southwestern Ohio is the worst:
"One of the hardest-hit spots was Hamilton County, home to Cincinnati, where on a single day in late August(2016) there were 48 heroin overdoses and two deaths. From Aug. 15 to Sept. 4, the Drug Enforcement Administration has recorded 208 overdoses."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back