10 year old girl takes cat on Joy ride

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]A 10-year-old girl who decided to go on a joy ride in her father's car Wednesday morning crashed into a guard rail, according to the San Juan County Sheriff's Office.[/font] [font=Verdana,Sans-serif]Authorities received a report of a single-car crash along U.S. 550 north of Aztec. The responding deputy found a 1988 Mazda sedan tangled with a guard rail and a young girl there alone with her cat, said Sgt. Lisa Haws.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]The girl first told authorities she had been kidnapped from her home by a man who blindfolded her, forced her into her father's car and then drove away, according to a news release from the sheriff's office. The girl claimed the man crashed into the guard rail and ran away.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]Deputies questioned her further and she admitted that she was staying home sick from school. When her father left for work, the girl decided she wanted to take a drive. She took her cat and got into her father's car and drove about 4 miles before hitting the guard rail, authorities said.[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]Neither the girl nor the cat was injured, but deputies said the car sustained heavy front-end damage.
[/font]

[font=Verdana,Sans-serif]http://apnews.myway.com/article/20051208/D8EC2MR80.html
[/font]

The IDIOT father left a 10 year old girl home alone while he went to work. I think he should thank God that she wasn't kidnapped, raped and murdered. A banged up car is a wake up call that 10-year olds are NOT old enough to be unsupervised. Thank goodness she didn't kill herself and others.

Jeana (DP) said:
The IDIOT father left a 10 year old girl home alone while he went to work. I think he should thank God that she wasn't kidnapped, raped and murdered. A banged up car is a wake up call that 10-year olds are NOT old enough to be unsupervised. Thank goodness she didn't kill herself and others.
I agree 100%. If she was too sick to take to work with him, he should have stayed home with her or found a sitter.

Jeana (DP) said:
By the standards of Child Protective Services, a child under the age of 13 should not be left home unattended. A parent can be held wreckless even if a 16 year old were left home alone and die during an accident.

I can't believe there are people who actually DON'T KNOW that it isn't okay to leave a child home alone.

This summer my 9yo daughter was at a friend's house, and my husband and I took the opportunity to go to lunch together. Shortly after we ordered, my cell phone rang. The caller ID said "home," which I thought was odd, since nobody was supposed to be there. I answered it and will never forget the sound in my baby's voice when she cried, "Mama? Can you come home?" I bolted from the restaurant and talked to her the entire drive across town. Her friend's mother had dropped her off at home, the door was unlocked, and my daughter found herself home alone for the first time in her life! We told her we were proud of her for thinking to call my cellphone. She was freaked out at first, but by the time I got home she was okay. She's doesn't want to be home alone again for a very long time, though.

I wonder what was going through that dad's mind as he left his 10yo home alone?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back