OK - Kelsey Tennant, 19, found strangled, Tulsa, 20 March 2017 *Arrest*

This happens too often:

but was never prosecuted in either case because of a lack of evidence KOTV reports.

The crimes he's been accused of? No excuse. They need to get their **** together.

TPD: Man Suspected Of Two Murders Prior To Strangling Tulsa Teen

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 6:03PM CDT
Lori Fullbright, News on 6

Tulsa Police said 19-year-old Kelsey Tennant went home on her lunch hour Monday and found a burglar inside her apartment, and the burglar then beat and strangled her.

Police said the suspected burglar, Greg Epperson, has been a suspect in two other murders.

People describe Kelsey Tennant as a sweet, kind-hearted young woman who loved life. Police said she fought hard against her attacker but he was just too much.

cont. at the link

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=34967280&catId=112042

Tulsa Teen Dies After Being Attacked in Her Apartment

Posted: Mar 21, 2017 6:42AM CDT

A 19-year-old Tulsa woman died after police say a man broke into her apartment and attacked her when she came home Monday afternoon.

Police say just after 3 p.m. officers were called to the 9500 block of East 65th Street. They said the victim, Kelsey Tennant, didn't have a pulse when emergency personnel arrived. EMSA took her to the hospital where doctors pronounced her dead at about 11 p.m. Monday.

http://m.newson6.com/story.aspx?story=34960923&catId=112042

Heartbreaking, extremely frustrating, maddening...:mad:

RIP Sweet Kelsey :rose:

Tulsa Man Will Stand Trial For Murder Of His Teen Neighbor

Gregory Epperson, who lived next door, was charged with first-degree murder and assault and battery with intent to kill.
[Tennant's boyfriend, Kevin] Allen and Thompson both recalled the day when they discovered Kelsey Tennant dead in her apartment.

Allen said as soon as he walked into their apartment, Epperson attacked him from behind, punching him in the face and putting him into a chokehold.

Man bound over for trial in the death of 19-year-old Kelsey Tennant

Gregory Epperson was bound over Tuesday for a trial in the killing of 19-year-old Kelsey Tennant in March. Arraignment has been set for July 6 before Judge Doug Drummond.

Tulsa County District Attorney paves way for possibility of death penalty in strangling case

The Tulsa County District Attorney says the state has filed paperwork to ask a court to consider the death penalty in the trial of Gregory Epperson.
Epperson is accused of strangling a woman in her south Tulsa apartment.
He also faced charges in a 2008 murder, but those charges were dropped.

Tulsa County District Attorney Steve Kunzweiler says he's filed paperwork that would ask the court to consider the death penalty option in a Tulsa murder case.

"Today the State of Oklahoma filed what is known as a Bill of Particulars in the case of State of Oklahoma vs Gregory Epperson. The filing of that document is a preliminary step in asking a court to give consideration to the death penalty as a sentencing option.

Something tells me the death penalty option is going to be available for Mr. Epperson!

I just found out tonight that this evil monster strangled Kelsey at the apartment complex that I just moved into 6 months ago. I'm going to be following this and hoping this devil gets the death penalty. There is another unsolved murder that happened at this apartment complex in 2004 of another young girl by the name of Brittany Phillips. I sure would like to know if he had anything to do with her murder as well!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I just found out tonight that this evil monster strangled Kelsey at the apartment complex that I just moved into 6 months ago. I'm going to be following this and hoping this devil gets the death penalty. There is another unsolved murder that happened at this apartment complex in 2004 of another young girl by the name of Brittany Phillips. I sure would like to know if he had anything to do with her murder as well!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

You should consider relocating. IMHO the most important factor in renting an apartment is who your all too close neighbors are.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/death-penalty-trial-may-be-delayed-in-slaying-of-/article_09ce386c-d856-57d3-98f8-3e5d5278dfd9.html

In a status hearing Monday afternoon, District Judge Doug Drummond said he wasn’t yet going to officially move Epperson’s trial, currently set for mid-May, to another date but wanted to set aside the two weeks beginning Aug. 27 as an alternative.

Drummond said he did not believe it would be realistic to start the trial in May due to outstanding evidence exchange obligations and also the need for both sides to argue over dozens of pretrial motions the defense filed Friday.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/judge-in-tulsa-death-penalty-case-could-hear-about-attorney/article_4260ffd0-92c4-596c-9e82-bf2d6b4e3b09.html

The judge presiding over the capital trial for a man charged with strangling a 19-year-old woman in her south Tulsa apartment could hear evidence next month relating to newly received information about two jailhouse informants having professional contact with the same law firm that represented the man during his preliminary hearing.

Gregory Jerome Epperson, 42, faces the death penalty in the March 2017 death of Kelsey Tennant and is scheduled for trial in May. However, District Judge Doug Drummond said last month that it is unlikely a May trial setting would be realistic based on outstanding evidence exchange obligations and possible arguments over numerous pretrial motions. He announced a backup trial date for late August.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/courts/trial-of-man-facing-death-penalty-pushed-back-to-late/article_77053986-9038-5422-8f4d-e695eb21f806.html

Gregory Epperson, 42, had been scheduled to begin his trial May 14 in the death of Kelsey Tennant, but District Judge Doug Drummond announced during a Thursday motions hearing that it wouldn’t be feasible to begin next month due to outstanding pretrial issues. Drummond said the trial would instead start on Aug. 27 and set a hearing in May to determine the status of discovery, or evidence, exchange between both sides.

Trial of man facing death penalty after 19-year-old woman's slaying on track to start in December

Gregory Jerome Epperson, 42, is scheduled to stand trial for the slaying of Kelsey Tennant on Dec. 3, court records show. Epperson has remained booked in the Tulsa County jail on charges of first-degree murder and assault and battery with a deadly weapon since his arrest on March 20, 2017, the day the homicide occurred.

During a hearing Wednesday morning, one of two jailhouse informants expected to be called by the state during Epperson’s trial told the judge this would be his first time to testify in a case. The second informant is expected to testify Aug. 23.​

Wasn't this episode on the First 48 last season?

Tulsa is very dangerous it seems like. Smh

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back