GUILTY NY - Jeffery Franklin, 16, disabled, murdered by parents, Guilford, 1 March 2017

ksprincess

Reaction score
This is a such a sad story, Jeffrey had special needs and was adopted by Heather and Earnest Franklin, he was homeschooled and neighbors had never even seen him. Their home caught fire on March 1st and it was initially thought to be an accident but autopsy showed Jeffery had been murdered before the fire started, adoptive parents have been charged and adoptive Mom is pregnant.

http://people.com/crime/parents-murder-disabled-teen-son-set-fire-house/

http://www.njeffersonnews.com/cnhi_...cle_41b8c79e-f831-51b4-b408-39110a423700.html

Terribly sad - Rest in peace Jeffrey. If the evidence proves the charges I'm hoping it was an accident :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This happened 20 minutes away from me. Some people had their suspicions from the very beginning but to others this has just come as a complete shock. I have been jaded from reading past cases on here so I was one of the suspicious. Jeffrey was homeschooled and even their closest neighbors said they never saw him once in 5 years and her Facebook shows no pictures. That threw up huge red flags for me. IMO I think it is going to come out that he was abused. (This is only my second post so please yell at me if I have said something I shouldn't)

This happened 20 minutes away from me. Some people had their suspicions from the very beginning but to others this has just come as a complete shock. I have been jaded from reading past cases on here so I was one of the suspicious. Jeffrey was homeschooled and even their closest neighbors said they never saw him once in 5 years and her Facebook shows no pictures. That threw up huge red flags for me. IMO I think it is going to come out that he was abused. (This is only my second post so please yell at me if I have said something I shouldn't)
Welcome to Websleuths, Bighappy! :wagon:

I agree that Jeffrey was likely abused. Sounds like he really wasn't wanted. That's so sad. Did the "parents" decide they didn't want Jeffrey around after HF became pregnant, or did they "accidentally" kill him while abusing him the last time and so set the fire to cover it up?

Justice for Jeffrey!

WBNG reports that when asked his plea by the judge, Ernest Franklin said “guilty,” but his public defender quickly corrected him, and changed the plea. Both Ernest and Heather pleaded “not guilty” and were sent to the Chenango County Jail without bail.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/parents...y-killing-son-setting-fire-to-cover-up-crime/

His parents wed in 2011 and adopted him six or seven years ago, the sheriff’s office said. Heather, according to her Facebook page, is pregnant.

[...]

“People are wondering how anybody could do something so brutal to a developmentally disabled and handicapped 16-year-old boy,” Cutting tells PEOPLE.

“There are a lot of people who would have taken him. There are organizations that would have taken care of him. Why resort to that?” he says.

“It’s just a terrible, terrible tragedy.”

http://people.com/crime/parents-murder-disabled-teen-son-set-fire-house/

Jeffrey Franklin, a 16-year-old adopted child with special needs, did not perish in an early-morning blaze that appeared to have started in the wood stove that heated the house in the town of Guilford, about an hour and half southeast of Syracuse, investigators said.

“Early on, almost immediately at the scene that night, some red flags went up,” Chenango County Sheriff Ernest Cutting Jr. said Saturday. “We chose to kind of keep it close to the vest.”

http://ktla.com/2017/03/25/upstate-...opted-special-needs-son-setting-fire-to-home/

"It's shocking," Cutting said. "Jeffrey was a handicapped person who was totally reliant on his parents. You would hope in your mind that they would be there for the right reasons and try to take care of this boy. Unfortunately, his life ended brutally."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/25/us/new-york-disabled-son-death/

Sickening. :( I really am dreading finding out the details of his death (and life.)

Over $11,000 was raised in a account. has closed the page and all money will be refunded to the donors.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What craven degenerates! I would not be surprise if this woman is not even pregnant. "Father" wanted to plead guilty he will flip on her.

Over $11,000 was raised in a account. has closed the page and all money will be refunded to the donors.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Did the parents open the page after killing poor Jeffery or did someone else open one for them?

I believe a neighbor set-up the and then worked with to get it taken down and the money refunded once they were arrested. From what I recall the mother had another type of fund/registry thing she had set-up asking for specific items, but all of the posts on her page about that have either been deleted or hidden now.

This one is so confusing. Looking at their Facebook pages they seem to be totally normal people. She is pregnant now (due in June) and lost a baby/miscarriage previously. There are pictures of Jeffery (they called him JR) and he looks like a kid having a happy family outing.

This is heartbreaking. That poor child. Innocent child who just wanted to be cared for and loved

May he rest in eternal peace. :rose:

May the monsters who killed him rot in hell

I read about this when it first hit the news and felt very angry towards the parents - and very sad - for poor Jeffrey.

Disabled children without families are hard enough to place in a loving and caring home and adoption laws are already strict (all the red tape).

What happened?

Something went very wrong somewhere.

I am so sorry Jeffrey. You deserved so much better. RIP sweet boy.

This is so sad. I have a son with Down Syndrome and I could never imagine anyone hurting him, he is so filled with love...this breaks my heart

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back