GUILTY DC - Corrina Mehiel, 33, stabbed to death, Washington DC, 21 March 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police find missing car of Cincinnati grad killed in D.C.
corinna-1490672894.jpg

A discovery has been made in regards to the murder of a University of Cincinnati graduate and former Art Academy of Cincinnati instructor.

Corrina Mehiel, 33, was found tied up and stabbed to death last week in the basement of a Washington, D.C., home.

WLWT was told she moved to D.C. to assist a renowned artist.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/dramati...-after-car-slams-into-animal-hospital/9188327

I'm glad to see this case here.
Corrina sounds like a great gal. I hope we can help figure this out.

Good grief. So senseless. There are way too many narcissists and sociopaths in this country. People just do not care about other lives at all as long as they get what they want for their self.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully, with the senselessness and level of violence involved someone will quickly come forward and identify the POI. They caught a huge break by not only having a picture of the POI, but having a good, clear picture so I don't see how it could be difficult to identify him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who was this 'renowned' artist? I hope it wasn't some online romantic thing that went bad. And I hope LE doesn't get tunnel vision because they have video of one POI.

An artist's journey intersects with a brutal killer: 'He's a monster' - April

By Monday morning, March 20, Mehiel was busy lugging her belongings from a rented basement apartment on the 600 block of 14th Street on Capitol Hill and packing them into her Toyota Prius, parked on the quiet residential block's curb.

Mehiel was preparing to return to her family's home in Burnsville, N.C. The next phase of her artist's journey remained to be determined. But by all accounts, Mehiel's creative spirit had been stoked by her experiences in D.C.

Less than a block away, a man, later identified by police as 29-year-old El Hadji Alpha Madiou Toure, exited a municipal bus around 10 a.m. Monday, March 20.

Residential security cameras showed the tall, hooded figure walking down 14th Street, lingering among the well-kept row homes along the 600 block.

The security camera footage didn't show what happened next, but authorities said Toure crept up on Mehiel, pushing her inside her basement apartment in broad daylight.

In the nearly four hours that followed, that home became a brutal torture chamber, according to court documents.

Toure took a "sharp object," those documents said, and proceeded to "torture" Mehiel, stabbing her repeatedly in the neck area while she was tied up. There were defensive stab wounds on one of her palms, as well.

It's believed Toure tortured Mehiel to gain the pass code for her ATM card. By the early afternoon, he apparently had what he wanted.

Man accused in slaying of central Pa. artist competent to stand trial - September

A judge ruled that El Hadji Alpha Madiou Toure, 28, is mentally competent to go on trial for first degree murder in the fatal stabbing of Corrina Mehiel, 34, who was found dead in her apartment March 21.

Man indicted in death of visiting artist in DC - December

Toure faces charges of first-degree murder, sexual abuse, kidnapping, burglary, robbery, theft, credit card fraud and identity theft.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back