Found Safe AL - Justin Brown, 17, Mobile County, 22 Feb 2017

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Bizarre twist in case of missing Mobile County teen
849fe4fb-c63f-4f12-b89a-b2ed933a5b19-large16x9_poster_3e0e0684dc204f85a5a81c24f55cb138.png

The Mobile County Sheriff's Office is investigating a peculiar missing teen case. It's been five weeks since 17-year-old Justin Brown's family has seen him. His mother, Regina Smith walked into his bedroom to wake him up for school February 22nd, but instead she found the bed made. His backpack, shoes, wallet, even his cell phone were all still there.

"All his stuff was there, except him," said Smith.

http://local15tv.com/news/local/bizarre-twist-in-case-of-missing-mobile-county-teen

Such a terrible story. It does sound like someone has coached him. There was a case in the U.K. not too long ago where an 18 year old boy coached a 13 or 24 year old boy and things did not end well. I hope this situation works out much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the website of Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Community Information Center:
"He was last seen wearing Pajamas bottoms, no shoes or shirt."
https://app.alea.gov/community/wfAlertFlyer.aspx?ID=2a197f5f-e6f3-4ceb-a023-ff271215fcd3

Oh my gosh, I would be very scared if something like this were to happen to one of my teenage children. Is this really all the information they have available and feel comfortable releasing? I wish we had more to go on, and also additional -and better quality- photos.

From the website of Alabama Law Enforcement Agency Community Information Center:
"He was last seen wearing Pajamas bottoms, no shoes or shirt."
https://app.alea.gov/community/wfAlertFlyer.aspx?ID=2a197f5f-e6f3-4ceb-a023-ff271215fcd3

Oh my gosh, I would be very scared if something like this were to happen to one of my teenage children. Is this really all the information they have available and feel comfortable releasing? I wish we had more to go on, and also additional -and better quality- photos.
I agree on a better photo.

Why are we just now hearing about this? He went missing over a month ago.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Staying in his room for hours, playing online computer games.

My first thought is suicide, even with the wiping of electronics.

Running off with someone from the Internet is scary but at least he'd still be alive in that scenario.

How frightening for his parents!

Here's what I don't understand:

If he went off with someone else, wouldnt he need more clothes than just PJ bottoms and no shoes? I could potentially see a suicide happening in just PJ pants. But running away? But then when you think about him fixing his bed to look like he slept in it.....why would he do that? To buy time. So then I am back to the runaway idea.

So does he have more clothes with him that they aren't realizing? Did someone who groomed him give him clothes? The clothing aspect of it is bizarre to me.

Certainly his clothing description was what he went to bed in, not what he left in. If he has a cell phone, there should be records of activity, even with the data wiped clean. Phone calls, texts, data usage. If they know his email address, they can find user names and groups he was active in. Come on! This is a child and it's been a month and a half! I get the feeling his mom needs someone strong to advocate and push. He Needs to be found to find out what's going on. He looks sad. Anyone find social media for him?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

I'm on my phone and keep messing up. But his little local town fb page has 2 posts with a little more info. Scroll down to Feb. 23 and maybe 25? But why nothing since, when they post about everything! !#

https://m.facebook.com/talkofsemmes/?ref=py_c

http://local15tv.com/news/local/bizarre-twist-in-case-of-missing-mobile-county-teen

Smith says her son was scheduled to have a root canal and by now should have a pretty bad toothache so may visit a dentist....

Also says all his belonging are accounted for, except him.
I have to say- sometimes when you need a root canal, the tooth actually stops hurting. Mine did. So he might not show up to a dentist. So little info about friends or anything. His dad and brother are in Florida. Maybe he met a person there? His mom seems to be trying- she responds and thanks everyone. She Doesn't Seem To Be having luck getting his story in the media though. So hard.

I'm on my phone and keep messing up. But his little local town fb page has 2 posts with a little more info. Scroll down to Feb. 23 and maybe 25? But why nothing since, when they post about everything! !#

https://m.facebook.com/talkofsemmes/?ref=py_c

I'm from Mobile county also. This area of Semmes is North of me and has a lot of country folks. It's sort of like the squeaky wheel gets the grease and a good old boy syndrome here. Moved from OR and have had BIG adjustment with the lack of southern hospitality. No, there hasn't been much local coverage at all. Mom does need an advocate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I have to say- sometimes when you need a root canal, the tooth actually stops hurting. Mine did. So he might not show up to a dentist. So little info about friends or anything. His dad and brother are in Florida. Maybe he met a person there? His mom seems to be trying- she responds and thanks everyone. She Doesn't Seem To Be having luck getting his story in the media though. So hard.

Brother is in Navarre...so perhaps. Only a few hours away.

I'm from Mobile county also. This area of Semmes is North of me and has a lot of country folks. It's sort of like the squeaky wheel gets the grease and a good old boy syndrome here. Moved from OR and have had BIG adjustment with the lack of southern hospitality. No, there hasn't been much local coverage at all. Mom does need an advocate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Yep. I grew up in Pensacola and have family in Mobile.

As s mother of 20 plus son's I am very concerned for Justin.

Following.
Nothing to add at this time, except it very much DOES sound like he's been groomed online. Ok, he's only 17. Where's the task force that investigates cyber crimes against Children! FBI?
I'm very worried for this boy. It's like he's vanished in a puff of smoke.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back