TX - Church Bus Crash Kills 12 - 3 Injured

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
[h=1]Texas church bus crash: 12 killed, 3 injured in collision with pickup truck[/h]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/29/texas-chuch-bus-crash-multiple-fatalities-reported-near-garner-state-park.html

www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/29/texas...talities-reported-near-garner-state-park.html
An area resident told the Uvalde Leader-News she was behind one of the vehicles involved in the crash, and had contacted law enforcement to report reckless driving.
Emph. mine

Hmmm... texting ? Drunk ? Heart attack ?
The article doesn't say which vehicle she'd reported.

Rest in peace to the lives lost !! :(

I do not have a link but saw on the news that the truck driver was the one to swerve into oncoming traffic.Prayers for the families and congregation.

So many innocent lives lost....truly sad. I feel for the woman who survived....that would be so difficult to be the lone person to make it out of such a horrific wreck and to lose so many acquaintances. God bless her - I hope she recovers quickly.

Witness: Driver in crash that killed 13 in Texas admitted texting before collision.

What was so important that a driver decided to divert his concentration from driving on 65 mph speed limit road to focus on TEXTING.

Updating relationship status on FB? Retweeting a knock-knock joke? Checking Instagram or Snapchat?

Even the text(s) related to an important, timely matter, WHY, WHY, WHY couldn't the driver pull off, waaaaay off, the road before texting?

{ETA: from same link
"Department of Public Safety Sgt. Conrad Hein declined to comment on Friday on the cause of the crash or if texting might have played a role. But officials have said the truck driver appeared to have crossed the center line."
So per ^ LE, texting did not necessarily cause the crash, but pickup crossing center line into oncoming traffic seems imo to be a critical factor cause of crash. And pickup driver saying (I'm presuming true ATM) "I'm sorry, I was texting" supports his texting as causing crash. JM2cts.}

A driver texting is not just a danger to self, passengers in same vehicle, and the vehicle itself. Horrible, just horrible. JM2cts.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/nation...cle_0648b4c0-8beb-521f-be96-16272bbee514.html <--- posted ~ 1 hr ago.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/callers-reported-swerving-pickup-deadly-bus-crash-050524425.html
Kuchler said he witnessed the crash and afterward, he checked on both the bus and the truck and was able to speak with the driver, who has been identified by the Texas Department of Public Safety as 20-year-old Jack Dillon Young, of Leakey, Texas.
Emphasis mine

Well I'm sure this JY didn't wake up that morning and plan to kill 13 innocent people....
And yet... I'm so disgusted.

Manslaughter charges at least ! :(

Wonder if the medication was actually prescribed to HIM ?
And was he high on marijuana as well ?
So was he even texting at all; or just higher than a kite ?

My opinion is that the charges should be upgraded. Let him sit and rot for a good number of years in prison and write letters to the families of his victims ; telling them how sorry he is.
:banghead:
:stormingmad:
:furious:

Just angry for those families who do not have the privilege of seeing their loved ones ever again.
:moo:

Information about her death hasn&#8217;t been released as the family awaits her autopsy results.
<snip> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...illed-crash-found-dead-home-article-1.3049652

The truck driver will never get the opportunity to tell her how sorry he is. The pain of his selfish acts (texting and taking drugs) is very far-reaching. We are reminded there are more than 13 victims here.

Wonder if the medication was actually prescribed to HIM ?
And was he high on marijuana as well ?
So was he even texting at all; or just higher than a kite ?

My opinion is that the charges should be upgraded. Let him sit and rot for a good number of years in prison and write letters to the families of his victims ; telling them how sorry he is.
:banghead:
:stormingmad:
:furious:

Just angry for those families who do not have the privilege of seeing their loved ones ever again.
:moo:

This gets worse and worse.

Intoxication and texting is a dangerous mix.

A driver has been sentenced to 55 years in prison for causing a Texas church bus crash that killed 13 people.

Twenty-one-year-old Jack Dillon Young of Leakey, Texas, was sentenced on Friday after pleading no contest in May to 13 counts of intoxication manslaughter and one count of intoxication assault.

He had faced up to 270 years in prison after a three-day sentencing hearing.

US man jailed 55 years for fatal bus crash - 9News

Thanks for the update, I remember this. He most likely will not do the 55 years so I wonder just how much he will end up behind bars. He ruined so many families forever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back