Photo captures ‘praying’ polar bear in front of cross in Newfoundland

dotr

Reaction score
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...prayer-in-front-of-cross-in-newfoundland.html
March 30 2017
attachment.php

When Andrews saw the polar bear, she grabbed her camera and began snapping off 200 pictures of the animal. (Jessica Andrews / Ocean View Photography)

WESLEYVILLE, N.L.—Jessica Andrews says she was “beyond amazed” when she saw a polar bear roaming around an island just outside her window in a small community on Newfoundland’s central coast and appearing to pray.
She says she was captivated by the bear’s movements as it stood up and put a paw on the cross, then squatted down and looked up in apparent reverence as if in prayer.

Attachments

• polar-bear2.jpg
    polar-bear2.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 140
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/praying-polar-bear-picture-wesleyville-1.4047414
praying-polar-bear-ocean-view-photography.jpg
While the 'praying polar bear' picture is garnering the most attention, photographer Jessica Andrews says this one is her favourite. (Jessica Andrews/Ocean View Photography)

The prayerful pose might have ended up as the most popular photo, judging from the attention it has received, but there is another one that tops it for Andrews.
"My favourite one is the one where he is stood up, with his paw on the cross, looking straight at me."

Praying for humans to get aggressive about climate change before it's too late?

Praying for humans to get aggressive about climate change before it's too late?

I believe you are correct. Being that polar bears are an endangered species, this is incredible. I feel like crying, this is so poignant. It hurts to know our wildlife are in trouble. Thank you for sharing this remarkable story & pictures.

I believe you are correct. Being that polar bears are an endangered species, this is incredible. I feel like crying, this is so poignant. It hurts to know our wildlife are in trouble. Thank you for sharing this remarkable story & pictures.

I agree absolutely with both these quotes.

I love both the pictures. Thanks dotr

Attachments

• best-bear-pic.jpg
    best-bear-pic.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 58

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads