Identified! MT - Phillipsburg, Granite Co, WhtMale, UP13962, 23-57, Welcome Creek, 11 Aug 2014 - David Jon Milek

Romulus

Reaction score
Namus UP 13962

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/13962

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unknown Sex & Race)

Found August 11, 2014 in Granite County, MT
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: Unknown Age

Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and will be entered later
DNA:
Sample submitted - tests complete

Case History
Remains found at Welcome Creek in the Wolf Creek Wilderness area

From crimewatchers site forum

250px-I-90_Granite_County_MT.jpg

CAO9cBz.gif

Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Gregory Bacon disappeared from Edmonds, WA in Sep 2013. His vehicle was found abandoned in Granite County Montana in Oct 2013. The problem for me is that the age and weight estimates for JD don't match with Greg's. Other than a gun and a dark colored coat, no details were given about any items or clothing Greg may have had with him when he disappeared. The height, timeline, distance, and circumstances along with the fact that the other physical descriptors of JD's skeletal remains are estimates make me wonder whether these are Greg's remains.

Per NamUs:
Age - JD (pre 60; 23-57) Greg 66
Weight - JD est 140 Greg - 195
Height - JD est 6'0" Greg 6'0"

JD Circumstances of Recovery - Remains found at Welcome Creek in the Wolf Creek Wilderness area. It's believed the victim was backpacking when he died. Camping equipment including a sleeping bag sack, knife and bear spray were found near the remains.

Greg Circumstances of Disappearance - Business Partner reported Bacon missing on 09/23/2013. Bacon was believed to be very depressed prior to his disappearance. He was also believed to be in possession of handgun and headed to Montana.

UID:
Accessories - Coleman sleeping bag sack, knife, and bear spray - Near the Body
Clothing - Jeans, 32x36" - On the Body
Footwear - Leather boots - Near the Body

Granite County John Doe's NamUs profile has been updated. The four photos of JD's camping gear/clothing items won't upload properly. I'll notify a mod to request a title change: MT - Phillipsburg, (Granite Co.), WhtMale, UP13962, 23-57, Welcome Creek in Wolf Creek Wilderness, 11 Aug 2014

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP13962
Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found August 11, 2014
Location Found Phillipsburg, Montana
Estimated Age Range 23-57 Years
Condition of Remains - Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--

Edited thread title but had to omit "in Wolf Creek Wilderness" as description was too long for field provided.

Original

Gregory Bacon disappeared from Edmonds, WA in Sep 2013. His vehicle was found abandoned in Granite County Montana in Oct 2013. The problem for me is that the age and weight estimates for JD don't match with Greg's. Other than a gun and a dark colored coat, no details were given about any items or clothing Greg may have had with him when he disappeared. The height, timeline, distance, and circumstances along with the fact that the other physical descriptors of JD's skeletal remains are estimates make me wonder whether these are Greg's remains.

Per NamUs:
Age - JD (pre 60; 23-57) Greg 66
Weight - JD est 140 Greg - 195
Height - JD est 6'0" Greg 6'0"

JD Circumstances of Recovery - Remains found at Welcome Creek in the Wolf Creek Wilderness area. It's believed the victim was backpacking when he died. Camping equipment including a sleeping bag sack, knife and bear spray were found near the remains.

Greg Circumstances of Disappearance - Business Partner reported Bacon missing on 09/23/2013. Bacon was believed to be very depressed prior to his disappearance. He was also believed to be in possession of handgun and headed to Montana.

UID:

I wonder if GB has been ruled-out in this case, and if not, whether his vehicle was hiking distance from this UID...

I wonder if GB has been ruled-out in this case, and if not, whether his vehicle was hiking distance from this UID...

The NamUs profile still shows only 3 exclusions.

3 Exclusions:
MP19040 William Duncan 05/27/2012 Deer Lodge MT
MP253 Shannon LaBau 02/23/1999 Lewis and Clark MT
MP23747 Nicholas Welchlin 09/06/2002 Granite MT

I couldn't find any information on exactly where GB's vehicle was located. I would be curious to know whether the truck was operable when found. Here's his WS thread:

WA - WA - Gregory Owen Bacon, 66, Edmonds, 23 Sep 2013

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back