Messages of Hope 2005

Kelly

Founder, Project Jason
Reaction score
Website
www.projectjason.org
Messages of Hope 2005

Dear Friends,

Some of the families we work with have neither websites nor guestbooks at this time. From my own experience and many discussions with families of the missing, I can tell you how much it means to them to receive kind messages of hope, especially during the holidays. I can tell you that there have been times when I was feeling down, and just then, I would receive via email or read on Jason’s guestbook, a wonderful “Message of Hope”. Just knowing how much a stranger cared would lift me and made me feel full of hope again.

Please imagine the empty spot at the table in our homes, and how for the most part, we do not know what has become of our loved one. When most everyone gathers together for the holidays, we gather together too, but lack one very important person.

What I ask of you is to take just a few moments to compose a brief message of hope for one or more of these families. The list below includes families with no websites and/or guestbooks whom I am in communication with. The link beside their name will give you additional information about their missing loved one.

Choose one or more families and compose a “Message of Hope” and email it to me. In the Subject line, type “Messages of Hope” and then add the missing loved one’s name. I will forward your message to the family anonymously. (Less your email address) Should they reply to your note, I will send that back to you anonymously. (less their email address)

For some of these families, this is the first Christmas without their loved one. I know it will mean so much to them if they receive these messages. Please consider lifting them up at this very difficult time.

Thank you, and may you and yours be blessed.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org
Kelly.jolkowski@projectjason.org
Please read our blog about missing persons:
http://voice4themissing.blogspot.com/

Please choose from the following: (You may choose more than one.)

Elsha Rivera, ignored by LE and media, her young children are now in the care of her mother, Elizabeth, who is ill:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=13285

Norma Massa, an older woman with dementia, forgotten by media outside her area, her daughter, Laura, won’t let her be forgotten:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=13277

Julianna Kirk, abducted by her non-custodial father, her mother Georgianna, waits, hoping this little sweetheart will be home for Christmas:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=12777

Craig Frear, teenage boy, disappeared without a trace, his parents, Veronica and William, have searched far and wide for him:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=8541

David Brewer, recently disappeared, was always in frequent contact with his mother, Rosie, he may be vulnerable to those who might take advantage:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=14919

Richard Clark, has dementia and the mental ability of a very young child, wandered off from home, unconfirmed sighting in OH, may be hitchhiking with truck drivers if this sighting was him, his daughter, Kim, won’t give up hope:
http://www.truckingboards.com/trucking/upload/showthread.php?t=15044

Please send your Messages of Hope no later than December 23rd.

A response from one of the recipients:

"Thank you for your prayers. Today has been a long day and I thank God that there are people out there who do care enough to help and pray for my dad. You'll probably never know how much I needed to hear this message, and I just wanted you to know it touched the right spot at the right time."

Friday is the last day to send your messages. I have only had 4 people participate this year.

Here is a message of thanks from one of the moms:

"I feel so isolated at times that these notes of faith and support have more meaning than the people who write them will probably ever realize."

Kelly said:
Friday is the last day to send your messages. I have only had 4 people participate this year.

Here is a message of thanks from one of the moms:

"I feel so isolated at times that these notes of faith and support have more meaning than the people who write them will probably ever realize."
Dear Kelly,

I know how rushed and busy I *seem* this time of year, but word that only 4 of us who say we care so much about the missing have taken time to comfort their families has really convicted me in my heart.

I see the heartache, loneliness, and sadness of Maura Murray's family. I know they and others need the comfort and support of even strangers.

Sadly, knowing my schedule tomorrow, I will not promise to contact the families that you have featured, but I will promise to put forth my best effort; however, you can be assured that they are in my prayers.

~Peabody

Dear Kelly-

I am ashamed I have not yet written an e mail. I have read and reread the stories of the missing you have posted here. I have tried to compose a message- but i get stuck. It is so sad and touches me so much to the core of my being.
And then I think, why am I so worried about myself and what I will say. I will be sending you an email. It is a leap for me to make direct contact--even thru you- and then i realize how selfish that is. wish i could be a better person in this matter.
Today, I will take the first step. Thank you.

I encourage others to try too.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!!

Feel so much better now that I emailed you a few messages of hope. The first one was the hardest to write.

I didn't realize that such a simple act taking just a few minutes can mean so much to a family. Thank you for reminding me, Kelly.

Do you think you can put your email address on here- makes it so much easier than- just can click on and send to you.

Thanks.

MY email address is in the original post, in my signature.

Yes, these messages mean so much more to these people than can be imagined. One woman even cried to think that strangers cared and that her missing loved one had not been forgotten after all.

The world goes on all around us. Families are together laughing and celebrating, but for some the light of Christmas has been dimmed. It can be a struggle to recapture what was lost in terms of the joy of the season. A kind word goes a long way, and perhaps in the act of writing a simple note, the light of Christmas shall grow stronger inside once again, not just in the receiver, but in the giver.

Merry Christmas.

Kelly

Peabody said:
I see the heartache, loneliness, and sadness of Maura Murray's family. I know they and others need the comfort and support of even strangers.

Sadly, knowing my schedule tomorrow, I will not promise to contact the families that you have featured, but I will promise to put forth my best effort; however, you can be assured that they are in my prayers.

~Peabody

Dear Peabody,

I know you spend a good amount of time supporting the Murray and Rausch families, so I wouldn't expect you to do this. You are an angel for those families, and I know they greatly appreciate it, as do I.

Kelly

Kelly,
I just sent you a message of hope, I'm praying that you get it in time.

Merry Christmas, and I am still praying that you and Jason will be reunited soon.

Thank you, and I did. I will still send any that I get up until early evening tomorrow.

Many blessings,
Kelly

Kelly, it took me a whole day to think of something to send to David Brewer's family. My words to them didn't seem adequate and I couldn't think of anything more to say to them. I just hope it helps them to know someone out there is thinking of David. I just hope they find him. He looks so much my 18 y/o son they could be brothers.

Kelly- thanks for doing this and for e-mailing the feedback to me. felt good to do just my little bit for the tragic losses these families are suffering through esp. during the holidays.

Prayers that the new year will provide you with some answers about your beloved Jason.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821
Back