Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
tracielynnmosley.jpg

Tracie Lynn Mosley

Endangered Missing -- Missing Since: April 17, 1995

Missing From: Reistertown, Maryland

Height: 5'10" -- Weight: 150 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Hazel

Tracie Lynn Mosley disappeared without a trace over a decade ago. Her family and police are asking for anyone with information to contact them.

Mosley, 18 at the time, lived in Reisterstown, and was last seen early in the morning of April 17, 1995. After visiting two Pikesville nightclubs, she was dropped off by a friend at High Falcon Road and Pittston Circle, 21136. Later, the young woman’s purse was found, but she has not been seen since.

According to her friends, it would be very out of character for Tracie to disappear, making no contact with anyone. It is believed she had no money for travel, because her purse was found near where she was dropped off. Investigators strongly suspect she was the victim of foul play.

NCMEC

Charley Project

Baltimore County

Hey guys,

Interesting blog post on this case on the Let's Find Them blog: https://letsfindthem.wordpress.com/2012/09/30/disappearance-of-aspiring-actress-cold-case/

Seems well-written, and basically pulls together all the publicly known info on her from different sources. Charley Project has a little more detail than Doe Network.

Evidently, she was an aspiring actress hoping to get a big break. There were some family issues, as you'll read in the post. Though, she sounds like a pretty normal teenager by all accounts. Then, in the comments section, a friend comes forward and insists it's the ex...

"My name is Suzanne Porter. I am the one referenced in this article. When this happened there was barely an internet. That’s why I am hoping that this time, when I speak out, I will be heard.

Every year, around the time of her disappearance I call the police and give the same story. It never seems to be heard. There is an ex boyfriend who, like many abusers, is very charismatic and charming, but abusive. Tracie had cut herself off from him. Two years prior to the incident he had sprained her arm and there was a domestic violence charge against him that has since been expunged. His brother is a police officer and served as a character witness. In the years since his record and divorce is littered with domestic violence charges. His alibi for the evening in question is that he was away in the army. I know the name and occupation of a very reliable and credible woman who saw him at a party on leave the week of the disappearance.

He was never willing to let Tracie go.

The place where she was dropped off is down the street from a restaurant where she had worked. She knew full well there was a pay phone outside that restaurant. The erratic woman claiming to be a friend and saying Tracie was crazy was actually a childhood friend of hers who lived down the street. They had a tradition of always coming to get the other when one was stranded without a ride. I am POSITIVE Tracie would have called her. Also, she just happened to be completely into the same guy with the domestic violence record. She bent to his every will.

I believe Tracie called her. I believe the abusive ex was dispatched by her to pick up Tracie. I believe he did something to her. Also, it’s the same erratic woman who found the purse. I believe she planted it. Maybe this comment in an internet age will make someone actually hear me. Oh… And the crazy abusive ex boyfriend leave trails in the internet of short stories where he murders people and gets away with it."

Really makes you wonder, eh?

Open Heart Close Case FB post dated 11/12/2015 no comments.
Open Heart Close Case, Inc.
According to her friends, it would be very out of character for Tracie to disappear, making no contact with anyone. It is believed she had no money for travel, because her purse was found near where she was dropped off. Investigators strongly suspect she was the victim of foul play.

Tracie Lynn Mosley has been missing since April 17, 1995.Tracie Mosley is described as a white female, 5'10" tall, 150 pounds, with hazel eyes. At the time of her disappearance she had long brown hair.

Reward Offered

Anyone with information regarding this case is urged to contact the Homicide Unit's Unsolved Case Squad at 410-887-3943 or Communications Team at 410-307-2020. Callers may remain anonymous and can also contact Metro Crime Stoppers at 1-866-7-LOCKUP (1-866-756-2587) to be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2,500. To text a message to Metro Crime Stoppers, send to "CRIMES" (274637), then enter the message starting with "MCS."

Revised March 9, 2010
Tracie Lynn Mosley Missing Since 1995

Maryland DC Lost and Missing FB post dated 8/23/2014 no comments.

Maryland DC LostnMissing

#Missing: Tracie Mosley
Age now: 38
Missing since: April 17, 1995
Missing from: Reisterstown, MD
Sex:Female
Race:White
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 150 lbs

Source: Have you seen this child? Tracie Mosley
NCMEC: 951071403

PLEASE CONTACT: Baltimore County Police Department Homicide Unit 410-887-3943 or 410-887-2133

FB Page: LostNMissing Inc.
LostNMissing Inc

FB Page Maryland LostNMissing
Maryland DC LostnMissing

LostNMissing Inc., is an all-volunteer national tax-exempt organization under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (the "code") and qualifies as a public supported organization under Sections, or Categories: P99 (Hu
man Services - Multipurpose and Other N.E.C.); M99 (Other Public Safety, Disaster Preparedness, and Relief N.E.C.); I01 (Alliance/Advocacy Organizations). LostNMissing is organized and incorporated under the laws of the State of New Hampshire. We never charge a fee for our services. #Missing

Another year rolls by and this young woman's death isn't properly investigated. I can imagine that Suzanne, Tracie's friend, once again phoned the police as she does every year around the date she went missing, trying to compel them to investigate the individual whom others have long suspected.

l.jpg

Tracie Lynn Mosley (18) Missing Since 17 April 1995

State: Maryland
Name: Tracie Lynn Mosley (although some reports have spelt her name ”Lynne.”)
Date of birth: June 11th, 1976
Date of disappearance: April 17th, 1995
HT/WT: 5’10”, 150-lbs
Hair/Eyes: Brown hair, Hazel eyes.
Race: Caucasian
Marks/Scars: Fractured right clavicle, fracture right shoulder.

Description: Tracie was wearing a white shirt with a black jacket along with black pants and shoes. She was carrying a black purse as well.

Prior to the disappearance: Tracie Mosley was an 18-year-old aspiring actress who lived at 100 block of Westminster Pike located in Reistertown, Maryland. She came from a troubled past. Her mother was a heroin addict and her parents got divorced when she was in elementary school due to her mother’s addiction. Her mother moved to NY and Tracie lived with her father for several years. According to Tracie’s friends and family, she didn’t get along with her father and eventually moved in with her Grandparents in Reistertown. Both her Grandmother and mother have since passed away.

Disappearance: On the night of April 16th, 1995, Tracie went to dinner around 10pm at Jasper’s in Resiterstown with a friend. Later that night she planned on meeting up with her ex-boyfriend at the Harryman House on Main Street to hang-out and have some drinks.

The ex-boyfriend told police that he and Tracie left Harryman House at about 2am (04/17/95) and went to her friend’s apartment on Pittston Circle to pick up a six-pack of beer he had left there earlier. After picking up the beer, they went to Franklin High School to sit and talk. He told her he was getting tired and wanted to go home. He says they threw away the rest of their beer and left.

Tracie wanted to go back to her friend’s house on Pittston. During the car ride she asked if she could smoke a cigarette in the car, but her ex told her no. In his statement he told police that Tracie asked him to drop her off a on the corner (intersection) of Pittston and High Falcon Drive so she could walk the short distance back to her friend’s apartment and smoke a cigarette, so he did.

That was the last time Tracie was seen or heard from.

On the night of April 17th, 1995, at approximately 10pm, someone found Tracie’s purse on the curb, at the same corner her ex-boyfriend claimed to have dropped her off at.

The person who found the purse turned it over to police. When an officer went through the purse he found Tracie’s wallet, money, and other personal belongings. Police say the only thing that appeared to be missing from the last remaining piece of evidence was a pack of Tracie’s cigarettes.

Police say they knew something was wrong almost immediately. They began a full investigation: interviewing Tracie’s friends and family, talking with neighbors on Pittston Circle, and taking a close look at the man who saw her last.

Right away, detectives also began receiving strange phone calls from a woman claiming to be Tracie’s friend. The woman fed police wild stories about Tracie. She would call every couple of days and tell them something different. She told them Tracie had run away to be with her mom in New York. She said Tracie was dealing drugs in New York. She even told them Tracie was a manic-depressive and had checked herself into a mental institution.

Detectives followed every lead the woman gave them. Calls to the mental hospital were met with confusion. No one by the name of Tracie Mosley had ever walked through their doors. Tracie’s mother was just as confused.

During interviews, some of Tracie’s friends thought her former boyfriend did something, others theorized to Police that she might’ve left willingly. But those who were very close to Tracie say it isn’t possible. She wouldn’t just leave.
Suzanne Porter had met Tracie in the 8th grade. They both went to the same School and quickly became best-friends. According to Susan, Tracie was ”Intensely charismatic, she was very passionate about creativity and self-expression.”

“She owned a room whenever she walked into it,” Susan said.

Susan said she last saw Mosley while on spring break from her college in Indiana in March 1995, but kept in touch regularly and had just spoken to her two days before she disappeared.
They spoke about their plans for the summer, about possibly spending it at the beach, Tracie had dropped out of Westminster High-School a few years prior to her disappearance, to pursue an acting career, and Susan said she arranged to take a leave of absence from school to help Tracie get her GED.

Those plans are some of the reasons why Porter doesn’t think Mosley would have just taken off without telling anyone, as some of her friends hypothesized to police after her disappearance.

Investigator’s believe Tracie was the victim of foul-play.

Tracie was declared legally dead in 2000. The court assumed she had been murdered. Her case remains unsolved.

If you have any information regarding the disappearance of Tracie Lynn Mosley, please contact: Baltimore County Police: 410-887-3943

LINK:
Disappearance of Aspiring Actress (Cold Case)

It's of course very unfortunate that her mother and grandmother passed away not knowing what happened to her. That being said, I hope they can take a closer look at all parties concerned now: her father, her ex, the childhood friend who was involved with Tracie's ex... This case is totally solvable in 2021.

Narážím na Tracie, dnes má narozeniny. Od letošního dubna je nyní 26 let nezvěstná.

Bumping for Tracie, today is her birthday. As of this April, she has now been missing for 26 years.
Please look here there is a comparison of the women who disappeared and the photo from 2004 is similar to Tracia

As of yesterday, Tracie has been missing for 28 years.

The boy friend's story just seems off. Who throws away beer? And how many of these stories end with the girl being dropped some where several blocks from their destination in the middle of the night?

Update:

the bad: The Balto. Co. detective on this case retired. A new one has been put in place. He couldn't possibly be less interested.

the good: A well connected person in law enforcement who was related to a main suspect died recently. He's not around to block things anymore. It's time to look more into this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back