WA - infant, Lakewood, 3 April 2017 Parents Located

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Police need help identifying baby abandoned in Lakewood yard
unid%20infant_20170403153927331_7677829_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Lakewood police are asking for the public’s help to identify an infant who was found abandoned in a yard.

At about 1:31 a.m. on Monday, officers were called to the 8500 block of John Dower Road Southwest for a report of a found infant.

http://www.kiro7.com/news/south-sou...ntifying-baby-left-in-lakewood-yard/508614742

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

Oh my goodness! I am so relieved that the baby is alive! When I first read the thread, my heart sank--I thought, not another baby death. I am so glad that at least the baby is okay now.

I guess now it will be up to the community to recognize the baby. I bet someone will know who he is.

Someone took care of him for some time. He looks healthy and well fed and clean and dressed. That doesn't seem like the hallmark of a mom who may not want her baby. I hope mom 's not in danger.

worries me that there may be a really confused or scared big brother out there somehwere

Wow. This is super scary! I hope the rest of the family is okay. Was this in the yard of a home or what?

poor baby! i'm glad he is safe.
now where is the rest of his family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Police: Abandoned baby found lying in grass in Lakewood neighborhood

:hoppingmad:I am devastated this tiny baby was left to die of hypothermia,"It is God's grace a woman heard his distress and snatched him from a certain death."

by KOMO Staff
Monday, April 3rd 2017
LAKEWOOD, Wash. - Police are asking for the public's help in identifying an abandoned 3-month-old baby found lying in the grass overnight in a Lakewood neighborhood.
<snip>
A woman who was walking home from the grocery through the residential neighborhood heard what she thought was an animal in distress. She then used the flashlight on her cellphone and spotted a little child lying in the grass.
<snip>

http://komonews.com/news/local/police-abandoned-baby-found-lying-in-grass-in-lakewood-neighborhood

That absolutely dumbfounds and INFURIATES me! That poor baby! Praying they find the parents and fast because the onesie said BROTHER on it. Which means another child could be in danger as well.

How odd. Any carjackings in the area????

The parents have been found. No word yet as to why the child was abandoned.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Poor little guy. At least he's safe now...I can't imagine what would lead to someone doing something like this.

As awful as it sounds, I would so much rather hear of a parent abandoning a child somewhere where they could be safely and quickly found than choosing a much worse alternative. I can't believe I'm actually saying that, but after the many cases I've followed where children have been killed and their bodies just tossed out in the woods...

I don't think leaving a baby in a random yard at 1:30am is a place for it to safely be found. They were lucky someone ended up walking by at that hour.

I don't think leaving a baby in a random yard at 1:30am is a place for it to safely be found. They were lucky someone ended up walking by at that hour.

Oh, I agree...I'm just saying I'd rather hear about something like this than many of the other horrific things I've read about.

(ETA: I know saying that sounds awful.)

worries me that there may be a really confused or scared big brother out there somehwere

Yes... I hate to sound cynical or something, but an older sibling (maybe still very young) could have been jealous and/or fed up with the baby and put him out there when the parents didn't wake up to his late-night crying. It looks like there are a lot of residences on that street -- it might've taken LE quite a while to cover them all, waking everyone up to ask questions and find the parents.

Yes... I hate to sound cynical or something, but an older sibling (maybe still very young) could have been jealous and/or fed up with the baby and put him out there when the parents didn't wake up to his late-night crying. It looks like there are a lot of residences on that street -- it might've taken LE quite a while to cover them all, waking everyone up to ask questions and find the parents.

I agree. Just old enough to have problem solving skills but not old enough to understand the ramifications.

Those slide locks high on the door became necessary for my little sister starting at about 3. She would let herself out of the house to go play at the park no matter the time of day (happened twice). After that, every house we lived in we installed them immediately.

On the other hand, story says it took a tip on Monday afternoon to find a parent. If I woke up in the AM and my child was missing, I would be frantically calling police. That part does seem odd. Essentially 12 hours before parent located?

Oh, I agree...I'm just saying I'd rather hear about something like this than many of the other horrific things I've read about.

(ETA: I know saying that sounds awful.)
Yeah, it's pretty sad when you're relieved to hear this because we've heard so many other horrific stories like poor little Chance and so many others. People are evil.

I wonder what the older sibling(s) is thinking :(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie