CA CA - Los Angeles Co, WhtFem UP3496, 45-55, struck by car, ring written Ariel, Aug'96

Romulus

Reaction score
Namus UP 3496

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/3496

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Female)
Found August 11, 1996 in Los Angeles County, CA
Body Condition: Recognizable face
Probable year of death: 1996 to 1996

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 45-55
Approximate Height: 51 estimate
Approximate Weight: 118 estimate
Hair Color: Brown but Graying
Eye Color: Blue
Scars and marks: Large mole above right eye and on left thigh. Several scars on left arm.

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: Yellow metal ring with two clear stones, and Ariel 4/28/84 inscription. Yellow metal ring with happy and sad face mask designs (drama characters).
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available and entered
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Sample is currently not available

Case History
Pedestrian struck by car; died at hospital on 8/12/96

There is an Ariel T. listed in Ancestry, who was born in in Harris County Texas on that date.

There is also a Cathern Ariel E., born on that date in Riverside County California.

There is an Ariel T. listed in Ancestry, who was born in in Harris County Texas on that date.

There is also a Cathern Ariel E., born on that date in Riverside County California.

I found Ariel T's facebook page, and sent him a private message.

Is Cathern her last name Carl? There is a Ariel Cathern on fb but shows from SD.

Is Cathern her last name Carl? There is a Ariel Cathern on fb but shows from SD.

No, Cathern is her first name, and by all indications, that is the name she goes by - not her middle name Ariel.

No, Cathern is her first name, and by all indications, that is the name she goes by - not her middle name Ariel.
The one you found on fb sounds more possible then IMO. The ring was engraved Ariel so I would assume that she would have used the first name for engraving if it signified the birth of a child and birthdate.

Was anyone able to find any marriage records involving the name "Ariel" and the date 4/28/84?

FWIW Ariel is a common name in Mexico. I thought she might have named one of her kids Ariel & the date on the ring was a birth date.

& Side note there are a lot of normal pedestrians in LA- there's a stereotype of people hating public transit or walking anywhere in LA but people do it.

One thing to note that americans might not have noticed - the M/D/Y date format is almost exclusive to the US as the main date format. Perhaps the woman has Mexican or other national ties, but I believe this indicates the ring was made in the US, and the woman was comfortable enough with that date format to choose it in a setting she felt was personally important.

One thing to note that americans might not have noticed - the M/D/Y date format is almost exclusive to the US as the main date format. Perhaps the woman has Mexican or other national ties, but I believe this indicates the ring was made in the US, and the woman was comfortable enough with that date format to choose it in a setting she felt was personally important.

I was thinking because the ring has two clear stones, that maybe those clear stones would signify the birth stone for the month of April, which is a "diamond".
That said, the date being in April as well, could be a Mother's Ring, maybe?

IMOO.

Also thinking she may have been an actress (or aspiring one) or somehow involved in the theater / acting community, since that's usually what those masks mean. Assuming the ring looked something like this:
attachment.php

Attachments

• R812__72176.1395084941.jpg
    R812__72176.1395084941.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 49
Ariel, I'm thinking, must have been her daughter or granddaughter. Maybe more likely granddaughter due to age? Any grandaughter or daughter named Ariel born 4/28/84 that is missing her grandma or mom? who knows maybe it could be en memorium and Ariel was a child that passed away at/before birth. If this is the case, Ariel would be around 33 now.

I also wonder if the name Ariel is used for boys more often in some countries - as i know it can be.

Ah seeing now the Ariel CarlK is contacting is male. So makes sense that it could be a girl or boy with that name. It's my middle name :)

This woman is listed as 51", but I assume they actually meant 5'1"? I realize California doesn't publish post-mortems, but I wish they had taken and released a photo of her for the day that she lived in the hospital after the crash.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back