OK - Joseph Angelo, 24, shot 36 times, Guthrie, 5 April 2017 *Arrests*

momma2penny

Reaction score
Officers said they were investigating reports of a shooting in the 300 block of South Oak Street just after midnight on Wednesday when they found 24-year-old Joseph William Angelo on the front porch of a home. Police say Angelo had multiple gunshot wounds to his face and torso, and was taken to an area hospital where he later died.

Three people were seen running from the scene and getting into a sedan of an unknown make and model and fleeing the area, authorities said. The suspects have not been located, according to investigators.

Anyone with any information about this crime or the suspects involved should call the Guthrie Police Department at 405-282-3535.

http://m.news9.com/story.aspx?story=35074274&catId=112032

Joey was a longtime friend of my husband's. He leaves behind a one year old daughter.

Sending my condolences!

As a side point do you have any idea why this would have happened? I mean any reason someone would do this?

Sending my condolences!

As a side point do you have any idea why this would have happened? I mean any reason someone would do this?

According to the phone call my husband got this morning from Joey's mom,he had just gotten to a friend's house because she called him worried that some guys were going to rob her. He was on the porch smoking a cigarette when he got shot. The friend wasn't even aware that he had showed up yet.

According to the phone call my husband got this morning from Joey's mom,he had just gotten to a friend's house because she called him worried that some guys were going to rob her. He was on the porch smoking a cigarette when he got shot. The friend wasn't even aware that he had showed up yet.

36 shots sounds like a crime of passion or anger. I can't see a random shooting being 36 shots, but what do I know, the article did say 2 different guns.

Really tragic!

MAYBE, she called him because she was afraid some acquaintances were going to rob her, for some reason, unexplained so far, ...

And Joey arrives, smokes a cig on the porch, NOT KNOWING a home invasion was underway already...

The 3 perps run out, are surprised to see Joey sitting in the dark, and they begin firing at him, to kill the witness, before they escape...

MAYBE, she called him because she was afraid some acquaintances were going to rob her, for some reason, unexplained so far, ...

And Joey arrives, smokes a cig on the porch, NOT KNOWING a home invasion was underway already...

The 3 perps run out, are surprised to see Joey sitting in the dark, and they begin firing at him, to kill the witness, before they escape...

Totally plausible and sounds like what happened according to reports so far. But 36x? It just seems off to me.

Hey, katydid23 Nice to see you.

Agreeing. ^ seems to explain sequence of events at least from MSM info we have ATM.

FWIW: kfor.com vid ^ shows interview w neighbor/young man w big glasses. Says since gal moved in one month ago, lots of cars have been coming and going there.

JM2cts.

Looks like robbery hadn't happened yet and shots came from outside the house according to the woman who called it in..

“Initially the call came out as a possible burglary,” Gibbs said. “However, the reporting party, who is female, ended up stating that she heard shots fired outside the residence.”

http://www.koco.com/article/woman-stays-calm-after-her-roof-blows-off/9242591

Agreeing. ^ seems to explain sequence of events at least from MSM info we have ATM.

FWIW: kfor.com vid ^ shows interview w neighbor/young man w big glasses. Says since gal moved in one month ago, lots of cars have been coming and going there.

JM2cts.

YEAH, sounds like she may have been dealing, so she may have known someone was about to rob her.

IF so, she needed more than one unsuspecting friend coming to protect her.

JM2cts.

Lots of cars coming and going? Wonder how long the visitors were there short time maybe drugs? Long time just lots of friends.

This is horrific overkill. It's shocking in its brutality. A strong message? Meant for someone or a group of someones?

How terrible for his family.

"Pray for my family. Pray for my sanity. I lost a son today. I love you to the moon and back Joey Angelo! May God wrap you in his arms and keep you til I see you again. Always in my heart. I can't believe this is happening," she wrote.

"God received another angel this morning, My son Joey Angelo. This is him and his daughter B[redacted]. May she know how much he loves her! Oh how I am going to miss you!"

http://newsok.com/article/5544329

minor child name redacted by me

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation was requested to assist the Guthrie Police Department in its investigation. Officers, Detectives and OSBI Investigators are following several leads at this time.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call the Guthrie Police Department at 405-282-3535 immediately.

http://www.koco.com/article/woman-stays-calm-after-her-roof-blows-off/9242591

This is all so sad. I don't think young people realize how dangerous this drug biz can be.

If joey did go to 'protect' her from a potential robbery, did he take a gun?

He had to know she was dealing. So if there was going to be a robbery, it was going to be potentially violent with lots of weapons. Did he go prepared?

36 shots sounds like a crime of passion or anger. I can't see a random shooting being 36 shots, but what do I know, the article did say 2 different guns.

Really tragic!

Actually sounds like drug-dealing related.

Where I grew up in Baltimore over 90% of homicide victims, and even higher number of gun crime violence, were criminals themselves. Now, no one deserves to get murdered, but just like smoking increases your risk of getting lung cancer, criminal activity is a behavior that is the major risk factor in getting yourself murdered. At some point your own activities being established risk factors in precipitating violence are relevant. I have sympathy for all victims of cancer, but I personally feel a lot different about a kid who gets cancer at 10 though no choices, than I do about someone who gets it in adulthood due to choices. And if you are not yourself a criminal your risk of being murdered in the US is no different than same demographic areas of Canada or Australia.

IIUC on learning some ppl planned to rob her/burglarize house/or (?), this woman phoned her friend to ask for protection?

I'm trying to figure out who would ask a friend - even best friend - for this type of favor and why. Unusual?

What am I missing?

IIUC on learning some ppl planned to rob her/burglarize house/or (?), this woman phoned her friend to ask for protection?

I'm trying to figure out who would ask a friend - even best friend - for this type of favor and why. Unusual?

What am I missing?

This is a good point and robbers don't usually announce that they are coming.

This is a good point and robbers don't usually announce that they are coming.

Who asks a friend - even best friend - for this type of favor - protection? why? (Sorry to quote self)

And to expand on johunt's point about robbers not making appts, at least not as SOP.

Who announces - specifically to victim (if they did) - she/she is the intended robbery target - at specified day or time?

What else was involved? More to the story? Much more than LE & MSM say?

RIP Joe Angelo. Thoughts & prayers to family, friends, & community.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back