TN TN - Lauren Agee, 21, Smithville, 26 July 2015

Jabarn

Reaction score
This is frustrating. Please take a look.

The DeKalb county sheriff's department determined after interviewing the four friends and visiting the scene that it was an accident. The medical examiner ruled it as a probable accidental drowning.

But there were problems, and Officer Chris Yarchuck was one of them. He was the first officer on the scene, and he never for one second believed it was an accident

“There is no way that was an accident, I will go to the grave believing that girl was killed her body was moved and they are hiding the truth,” Yarchuck said.

IMG_0176.JPG

http://fox17.com/news/local/lauren-agees-mom-speaks-about-wrongful-death-lawsuit

But any LEO knows evidence is what is needed. What are they hoping get out of the four friends? What leverage do they have in civil court? A lower standard of evidence, I guess?

From Dec 2 article:
"The Dekalb County Sheriff’s Office lead the investigation and concluded that Agee’s death was an accident, something which the affidavit disputes, citing there wasn’t water found in Agee’s lungs,...."
http://fox17.com/news/local/wrongful-death-lawsuit-filed-in-case-of-lauren-agee

Private investigator's affidavit touched on several subjects other than no water (not say drowning was CoD), but FWIW ---
No water in lungs does not conclusively rule out drowning as CoD, i.e. 'dry lungs' can be found in person who drowned, at least per below.
"Dry drowning occurs when a person's lungs become unable to extract oxygen from the air, due primarily to: [laundry list] ....The person may effectively drown without any sort of liquid. In cases of dry drowning in which the victim was immersed, very little fluid is aspirated into the lungs. The laryngospasm reflex essentially causes asphyxiation and neurogenic pulmonary edema[SUP][1][/SUP] (œdema).Dry drowning can occur clinically[SUP][clarification needed][/SUP], or due to illness or accident..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dry_drowning

{ETA:
Near-Drowning-Topic Overview.
Dry Drowning and Secondary Drowning
^ http://www.webmd.com/children/drowning-directory }

{{ETA 2:
A lotta hinky going on, per affidavit}}

This is a travesty of justice. Wonder which of these 4 has friends in high places?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Crime watch daily just ran a pretty interesting show on this case

I just finished watching the episodes on Crime Watch Daily. I don't see why some think she was murdered. By being rammed by a canoe? (The V mark on her chest.) From what I watched, it seems she just tumbled off the cliff. She was drunk and was high altitude camping. I don't see why her mother thinks she was murdered. What am I missing?

I just finished watching the episodes on Crime Watch Daily. I don't see why some think she was murdered. By being rammed by a canoe? (The V mark on her chest.) From what I watched, it seems she just tumbled off the cliff. She was drunk and was high altitude camping. I don't see why her mother thinks she was murdered. What am I missing?

I think it's more that the other 3 refuse to answer questions and plead the 5th. Also the current wouldn't have allowed the body to be found where it was, it would have floated towards the marina, not all the way around the land mass to the other side. It was also a new boyfriend for her at that time. I can see why she is suspicious with the head wounds and lack of information from the only witnesses.

The 3rd year anniversary has come and gone. Sheila Wysocki, private investigator has taken on the case. She has just started releasing a series of podcasts on this which can be listened to here:

Justice for Lauren Agee – Sheila Wysocki Private Investigator

First two episodes have aired (plus an intro podcast), with a lot of details and audio recordings of witness statements made by Lauren's friends now released to the public with the family's permission, plus interviews with Officer Yarchuk and other ppl pertinent to the case. In my opinion, there's no way this was just a simple accidental death.

Gray Hughes and John Lordan are also covering the case in their Vlogs, with assistance from Sheila. Really great interviews and discussion of the facts of the case and how things are not adding up in terms of the witness accounts and evidence.

I'm really glad there's been some effort to get more info out. There are also photos which have been released of the campsite area etc, including some which are a bit graphic in nature regarding the discovery/recovery of LA's body.

Have listened to all of Wisocki's podcasts. She has clearly made the point that the law enforcement agency looking into the death was sadly and woefully unqualified to partake in such an investigation and did no investigating whatsoever, simply accepting that it was probably an accident. MY QUESTION is, Lauren said she was going to return on Saturday, to attend a party her boyfriend was holding. But she didn't, she went out drinking. She later expressed interest in going home around 3 in the morning or so, but she was drunk and the party was surely over. Why didn't she go home that after noon or evening?

A lot. The first problem is that you are assuming what happened to her. You are doing that because there was no investigation done into what happened. You had conflicting stories by the people up on the cliff. You had very few indications that she rolled down a cliff. Nobody ever proposed she was hit by a canoe and considering the time she was most likely to have gone missing, that is not a possibility. You have suspects that have lawyered up and a ring leader that told the other two to "stick to the story." You had two off-duty police officers working security that stated that the two males were acting very suspicious, one even joking about taking the gun off the officer when he was detained on a boat. I recommend you broaden your resources on this case.

Aaron Lilly was in a motorcycle accident last year and is now paralyzed. He married Hannah and they have a child. The other dude is in jail for his third DUI.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back