CA CA - San Francisco Co, WhtFem UP5870, 35-45, at Powell Hotel, maybe overdose, Jul'81

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP 5870

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/5870

Unidentified Body/Remains (White Female)

Found July 8, 1981 in
San Francisco County, CA
Body Condition: Recognizable face
Probable year of death: 1981 to 1981
Estimated postmortem interval: Hours

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 55-75

Approximate Height: 62 estimate
Approximate Weight: 100 estimate
Hair Color: Grey;
Of normal female distribution
Eye Color: Blue
Scars and marks:
Six inch scar on midline of abdomen; hesitation marks on wrists bilaterally; orthopedic stickum on left and right heels

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing:
Coat; sweater; two pairs of pants with modified shower shoes; thermal top; thermal bottoms
Jewerly: Orange bracelet; orange necklace; two orange necklaces-pierced; yellow metal ring with green stone
Footwear:
nothing
Accessories:
nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is available elsewhere
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted - tests complete

Case History:
The subject registered for a room in the Powell Hotel on 7-7-81. On 7-8-81, a maid entered the room to do a routine linen change when she noticed the subject unresponsive in bed. There was no personal property except for some jewelry which was on the desk. On the nightstand next to the bed were two unlabeled containers with Seconal, Tylenol, and Valium capsules in them suggesting a possible ingestion.

Sounds like a Suicide for sure :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Sounds like a Suicide for sure :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk
Yes, especially since there were also hesitation marks on the wrists. Sounds like she originally tried to slit her wrists and then took pills instead.
Interesting that she was wearing two pairs of pants and thermal bottoms -- thinking that means she was likely homeless / transient.
The Powell Hotel was on the edge of the Tenderloin, which was not a very safe area in the '80s.

Googling orthopedic stickum and finding a spray on product to increase grip. Is this correct?

Googling orthopedic stickum and finding a spray on product to increase grip. Is this correct?
I think so. I interpreted it as her spraying it on her heels to prevent blisters and they probably found the residue during the autopsy.

Age of this UID has been amended in Namus to 55-75yo. No visible ruleouts in Namus.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back