OK OK - Eufaula, N Front St, Hisp/UncMale Adult, UP16714, wooded area, keys, shorts, Apr'17

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Eufaula police are investigating after human remains were found in a wooded area near some businesses Sunday. The medical examiner's vehicle can be seen near Rusty's Tire Center on North Front Street.

The witness went to the police department to report what they'd found and when investigators went back to the area, they found more remains scattered around the area.

http://www.newson6.com/story/35111662/mushroom-hunter-finds-human-remains-in-eufaula

Another mushroom hunter who finds remains. Hope they can be identified quickly and a family get answers.

Imo these remains are more likely to be Holly Cantrells than Peggy's. But we can hope...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Police Chief tells KTUL Ch 8 Tulsa facebook that they think the remains are that of a transient man.

So, maybe I missed something? If Peggy is the ONLY unresolved case in the area, has Holly's case already been resolved? *thinking* 🤔🤔🤔
The only unresolved missing person's case they have in the area is that of Peggy McGuire.

Police say they have reason to believe that the remains found were a man's remains. He said the investigation is continuing.

So, maybe I missed something? If Peggy is the ONLY unresolved case in the area, has Holly's case already been resolved? *thinking* 樂樂樂

I took that to mean Peggy McGuire case from McIntosh County, whereas Holly Cantrell is missing from Pittsburg County in McAlester.

IMOO.

I've been reading some articles on this and I'm still not sure if this is Tommy Eastep or not. Can someone find something to confirm it either way?

Wasn't Tommy Eastep's
remains found in HUGHES County, and this set of remains are in McIntosh county?

IMOO.

Yes I was confused also. There have been two sets of remains found in the last few days

I posted these images on Peggy McGuire's thread but here are aerial views near the location in question. The address for Rusty's Tire Center is 512 N Front St, Eufaula, OK 74432

In the Google earth image the location dropper is incorrect, I have circled the actual location of Rusty's. These remains were basically found in the middle of town. In all my years of spending a significant amount of time in Eufaula I've never seen a transient person (maybe I'm blind...)
a0fc8cd24cef72e3f4597fb0e51dfddd.jpg
826169b0f6c09b25d50aa996124c5453.jpg

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case Number1701860
Demographics
SexMale
Race / EthnicityHispanic / Latino
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupAdult
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death2007-2015
Estimated PMIYears
Height5' 6"(66 inches) , Estimated
WeightCannot Estimate
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date Body FoundApril 9, 2017
NamUs Case CreatedJune 2, 2017
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
LocationEufaula, Oklahoma
CountyMcIntosh County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Circumstances of RecoverySkeletal remains found by mushroom hunter.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsOne or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Physical Description
Hair ColorUnknown
Head Hair Description--
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorUnknown
Right Eye ColorUnknown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Information Entered

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
keys
Near the Body

Clothing
shorts
Near the Body

dates don't line up at all but posting due to location, clothing (shorts) and keys mentioned in both missing and UID.

Demographics
Missing Age48 Years
Current Age50 Years
First NamePaul
Middle NameWayne
Last NameBarnett
Nickname/AliasSquirrely

SexMale
Height5' 7" - 5' 9" (67 - 69 Inches)
Weight180 lbs
Race / EthnicityAmerican Indian / Alaska Native

Circumstances
Date of Last ContactJune 1, 2017
NamUs Case CreatedJuly 28, 2017
Last Known Location Map
LocationEufaula, Oklahoma
CountyMcIntosh County

Circumstances of DisappearanceMr. Barnett's sister took Paul to the store on June 1, 2017; she attempted to pick up Paul from his home on June 5, 2017 but was unable to locate him. He was not located during a later welfare check.
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Descriptionshort, straight
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Descriptionmustache
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
Item
Description
Scar/mark
right heel (foot lateral), both knees, right side rib cage, right forearm - large 2", face - left cheek

Tattoo
left shoulder blade - Gargoyle - "Mamie" written on one wing, "Austin" written on the other wing, and "Barnett" is in the middle.

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Accessories
wallet - tribal card, food stamp EBT brown card, state ID card, SSI card, cash, SS card, son's tribal card. Cigarettes (favorite Marlboro Black), lighter or matches. House key on beaded lanyard.

Clothing
t-shirt - size large cargo shorts - size 32 black belt

Footwear
New Balance tennis shoes, dark grey color, size 8.5-9.0 (purchased in Dec 2016) socks

Additional Case Info

Transportation
--

Style--
Color--
State--
License Plate--
Expiration Year--
Commentsno vehicle

Members online

Online statistics

Members online