Queen's Corgi Killed By Princess Anne's Terrier!

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Yikes... :eek:

Queen 'devastated' by corgi death
Wednesday, December 24, 2003 Posted: 11:02 AM EST (1602 GMT)

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Queen Elizabeth II was said by British media reports to be "absolutely devastated" over the death of one of her beloved corgi dogs, killed by an English bull terrier owned by her daughter Princess Anne.

The Queen, who is convalescing after her recent knee and facial surgery, was at her estate at Sandringham, Norfolk, eastern England, Wednesday, where other members of the royal family were joining her for Christmas.

Pharos the corgi was savaged at Sandringham by Dotty, the same dog which attacked two children in Windsor Great Park, according to newspaper reports.

Princess Anne became the first member of the British royal family to attract a criminal record in November last year when she was fined £500 for letting the dog run out of control.

Full Story

Princess Anne's dog Dotty attacked two children in a park last year and Anne had to go to court to pay a fine for having an unleashed dog.

Gee Anne, Do you think Dotty needs to take a big long nap?????

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE animals, but some of them do go bad.

LOL Sluthie... the big dirt nap

The Queen was probably more devestated over this than Diana dying.

Cass, I have a corgi and I would also be devestated if he was attacked. In my area of the country, it would probably be by a coyote. He rules our other two dogs, a sheltie and a half blue heeler half border collie, with an iron fist. The only thing that scares him are kittens and chickens that chase HIM. When people ask what a Pembroke Welsh Corgi is, I ask them if they have ever seen the Queen with her dogs.

I'm sorry to hear about that sad news. Over here the Pitt Bulls can be out of control.

BarnGoddess said:
I'm sorry to hear about that sad news. Over here the Pitt Bulls can be out of control.
I think they were british bull terriers... not the same as pit bulls, but still a tempermental breed.

I have often heard the queen's corgis can be vicious little buggers... this from former servants who have been snapped at LOL

It is a shame in any case... I would not wish harm on a poor animal. What is your corgis name? something british?

Cass, my corgi is named Cody. He greets everyone with a smile and a big bark. He loves everyone, no one is a stranger. He has never bitten anyone and only bares his teeth at the other dogs when he wants to let them know he's boss. They immediately cower and turn over on their backs to show he's boss. He loves to fetch things, especially if it squeeks. He can drive you nuts with a toy that squeeks until you throw it for him. He and the other two dogs, Shortie and Roper, go out very early each morning and when we look out the kitchen window toward the pasture, we find all three bringing in the horses. They cut each horse out of the herd and chase them all in one at a time. Corgi's are natural heelers. They were bred to bring in cattle by nipping at the heels. When the cows kicked, they usually went over the dog's head because they are built so low to the ground. Out here they are being used more and more for ranch work. They are expensive to buy. I paid $400.00 for my male. He is a great companion also. All our dogs are. We let them in the house at night. Along with 2 cats that were bottle fed and two kittens that are way too little to stay out in the cold. It can be a crowded kitchen at feeding time. We love them all.

I had heard that the Queen's corgis were a little feisty. I wonder if the Queen Mum's corgis were like that too.

BarnGoddess... Cody sounds like a sweetheart :)

We have an English Setter who is obsessed with birds... she stops and stares at anything with wings.. it drives me nuts... if you go for a walk and she sees a bird she will put her brakes on and you have to drag her away!

Pets are fun, huh?

Hey, this dog "Florence" attacked a royal servant a few days after killing the Queen's Corgi.

~~~~
LONDON, England -- Florence, a bull terrier belonging to Britain's Princess Anne, has attacked a royal servant only days after savaging one of Queen Elizabeth's dogs which had to be put down, Buckingham Palace said on Wednesday.

Anne, the queen's only daughter, has already been in trouble over the behavior of her three English bull terriers.

The Princess was the first British royal to be convicted of a criminal offence in 350 years when she pleaded guilty in November last year after she failed to stop another of her dogs, Dottie, from biting two children.

She was fined 500 pounds ($880) and told to pay the same again in compensation, but she could have faced six months in jail.

The latest episode of doggie bad behavior occurred at the queen's Sandringham estate in rural Norfolk, eastern England on Saturday when Florence bit a maid on the leg. The servant was treated by a doctor.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/12/30/royals.baddog.reut/index.html

Wow. Can you imagine the lawsuits if that had happened in this country? She wouldn't have gotten off for a measly $1700+.

Report: Royal dog to see psychologist

LONDON, England LONDON (AP) -- Princess Anne will send her dog to an animal psychologist to avoid having it euthanized after it attacked a royal maid and fatally mauled one of Queen Elizabeth II's beloved corgis, the Sunday Telegraph reported.

Psychologist Roger Mugford said he expected to begin work with Florence the bull terrier next week. Mugford said that he believed the attacks were related to an underlying medical factor.

"We are not talking about an inherently aggressive or dangerous dog," Mugford was quoted as saying in newspaper. "I am sure it is just a dog who is feeling a bit out of sorts about something, perhaps pain or old age, and is feeling a bit cranky on the day."

Buckingham Palace has refused to comment on whether Florence would be put down.

The royal maid, 55-year-old Ruby Brooker, was treated for a minor bite following Saturday's attack at the royal Sandringham estate in eastern England, the palace said.

Full Story

Thery are English Bull Terriers, think of "Bullseye" in the film Oliver. Actually I have always found Princess Anne more intimidating than any dog

Hugh said:
Thery are English Bull Terriers, think of "Bullseye" in the film Oliver. Actually I have always found Princess Anne more intimidating than any dog

LOL I bet she has bit a few servants in her day! :D

Rumour has it that Captain Tim is just a stand in and someone else provides the physical needs when required

Hugh said:
Rumour has it that Captain Tim is just a stand in and someone else provides the physical needs when required
Really? they seemed very much in love and he sent her all those love letters, remember?

That whole family is so screwed up :eek: I just saw pics of Sophie and Edward's little girl... she is sweet. Do you think there was a stand in for Edward too??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back