Charley Project

eiffert_ashley.jpg
eiffert_ashley2.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: January 9, 2003 from New Orleans, Louisiana
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Date Of Birth: February 19, 1983
• Height and Weight: 4'11, 100 - 115 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Black hair, brown eyes. Eiffert has a tattoo of her name, Ashley, in script lettering on the inside of her ankle. She has a small sun or sunflower tattooed above her breast. Eiffert's nickname is Shorty. Her tongue is pierced.
• Clothing/Jewelry Description: A white shirt, light blue sweatpants, white Nike sneakers with blue trim, a silver barbell in her tongue, and freestyle sunglasses with violet-colored frames.
• Medical Conditions: Eiffert was seven months pregnant at the time of her disappearance.

Details of Disappearance
Eiffert was last seen in the vicinity of the 4500 block of Demontluzin Street near Franklin Avenue in New Orleans, Louisiana on January 9, 2003. She was at a friend's home there, and apparently arguing on her cellular phone with someone. She left the friend's home and has never been heard from again. Her parents reported her missing in Harahan, Louisiana, where they and she resided in January 2003. Eiffert left her 1992 Ford Mustang, which was reportedly inoperable, at her friend's home when she vanished. It was towed on January 16.

Eiffert may be in the company of Jose Lewis Hill. Photographs and information for Hill are unavailable. Her case remains unsolved. Texas authorities are assisting with the investigation.

Cold Case: Pregnant teen went missing 14 years ago in Gentilly

[video=youtube;96vG4TnGg6o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96vG4TnGg6o"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96vG4TnGg6o[/video]

After 14 years, New Orleans family still searches for teen who went missing while pregnant

Yvonne Eiffert said her daughter was picking up baby furniture at a home in Gentilly from a woman she met at a doctor's office during a recent prenatal visit. She said the woman's name was Nicole Johnson and she had recently lost a child, which is why she was donating her furniture to Ashley Eiffert.

"Ashley went over to get it and got on the phone, waiting on a truck from her boyfriend, and she waited and waited, they were arguing on the phone," said Eiffert. "She went to get in her car to take off and leave, and her car didn't start. So she walked across the street to the shell station, that's what Nicole Johnson told me, and I've never seen her since."

It was months later that her parents finally discovered her car. But even now, there are new developments and discrepancies in the case. As WDSU was trying to track down the location where she was last seen, we discovered that address doesn't exist.

"There is no 4500 block of Demontluzin Street," said Detective Winston Harbin, with New Orleans Police Department.

Detectives are now trying to track down her former boyfriend, Joseph Hill, the woman who had last saw her alive or any of her friends who might have information to add to this cold case.

Background for my next post:

http://www.webmd.com/baby/news/20010320/number-1-cause-of-death-in-pregnant-women-murder

Given all the risks associated with pregnancy, it's easy to imagine that expectant mothers are vulnerable to illnesses and even to death. But shocking new information shows that these women actually are more likely to be murdered than to die from any complications of pregnancy -- or from any other cause for that matter.

"We found that homicide was the leading cause of death among women who were pregnant ... and accounted for 20% of deaths among that group, compared with 6% of deaths among nonpregnant women of reproductive age," says author Isabelle Horon, DrPH, from the Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, who conducted a study that looked at pregnancy-associated deaths from 1993 to 1998.

The study [appeared] in the [March 2001~] Journal of the American Medical Association...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yvonne Eiffert said her daughter was picking up baby furniture at a home in Gentilly from a woman she met at a doctor's office during a recent prenatal visit. She said the woman's name was Nicole Johnson and she had recently lost a child, which is why she was donating her furniture to Ashley Eiffert.

I know I have heard this type of story before. Woman befriends pregnant woman and gets said pregnant woman to an undisclosed location in order to remove the fetus and keep it. I'll have to dig out some specific examples later.

Ashley went over to get it and got on the phone, waiting on a truck from her boyfriend, and she waited and waited, they were arguing on the phone," said Eiffert. "She went to get in her car to take off and leave, and her car didn't start. So she walked across the street to the shell station, that's what Nicole Johnson told me, and I've never seen her since."

So someone (police? YE?) did speak with this Nicole. But from the below, they can't find her now. (Hinky.)

It was months later that her parents finally discovered her car. But even now, there are new developments and discrepancies in the case. As WDSU was trying to track down the location where she was last seen, we discovered that address doesn't exist.

"There is no 4500 block of Demontluzin Street," said Detective Winston Harbin, with New Orleans Police Department.

WTF?!?! How was Ashley's last known location not verified immediately, especially whenever LE or YE presumably spoke to this Nicole???

Detectives are now trying to track down her former boyfriend, Joseph Hill, the woman who had last saw her alive or any of her friends who might have information to add to this cold case.

"Anybody who knows Miss Nicole Johnson, please have her call me so I can get an accurate address on her and we can finally sit down and talk with her," said Harbin. "It's just a piece of the puzzle, but put them altogether and then I can make sense out of it and that's what I'm hoping to gather from this."

I would like to know if LE verified that "Nicole Johnson" was also a patient at Ashley's baby doc. Why else would they have met at her prenatal appointment? If NJ's story of how she met Ashley is true, I would assume she was there for her some sort of follow up from "recently losing a child."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

there was another case in LA of taking a fetus, as well as in CO and also fresno CA, that perp was named josefina Sonia saldana, I don't remember the other names

I know I have heard this type of story before. Woman befriends pregnant woman and gets said pregnant woman to an undisclosed location in order to remove the fetus and keep it. I'll have to dig out some specific examples later.

So someone (police? YE?) did speak with this Nicole. But from the below, they can't find her now. (Hinky.)

WTF?!?! How was Ashley's last known location not verified immediately, especially whenever LE or YE presumably spoke to this Nicole???

I would like to know if LE verified that "Nicole Johnson" was also a patient at Ashley's baby doc. Why else would they have met at her prenatal appointment? If NJ's story of how she met Ashley is true, I would assume she was there for her some sort of follow up from "recently losing a child."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I listened to the podcast which is from 2017. I realize the mother thinks the boyfriend Joe Hill is responsible for Ashley's disappearance but I think this Nicole Johnson person should be found an reinterviewed. It shouldn't be too difficult for police to locate her. Ashley's mother was at her house and had her phone number at one time, and in the podcast says she has the phone records somewhere. Also Nicole Johnson was a corrections officer so I'm unsure why police in 2017 say they are trying to find her and Joe Hill. It's been a few years and no word if they ever found either Joe or Nicole and the facebook group the mother mentions does not or no longer exist.

It’s weird that Nicole’s address is not real especially since her mother said she went to the house and spoke to this woman. This case is weird and there are so many missing pieces. A new cold case detective w/ experience needs to handle
This

The NOPD probably wrote down the wrong block number for Nicole Johnson. I say that because (according to Google Maps) there's a convenience store/gas station located on Franklin Ave. and Dreaux Ave. across from Demontluzin. Maybe this was a Shell station pre-Katrina?

Missing pregnant New Orleans woman's family demands answers 20 years after disappearance

1673573524710.png

Cristina Corbin, Angela Bertorelli
Mon, January 9, 2023 at 12:49 PM EST·3 min read

Ashley Eiffert was seven months pregnant when she drove to the Gentilly neighborhood of New Orleans to pick up baby clothes from a woman who had recently lost a child.

She was never seen alive again.

Now, 20 years to the day after she disappeared, Eiffert’s family is renewing its call for police to investigate the case, claiming Louisiana investigators failed to respond quickly and later botched the probe into the expectant mother’s whereabouts.

"Ashley’s baby would be 20 years old if alive today," Yvonne Eiffert, the woman’s mother, told Fox News.

"The police have done absolutely nothing to find my daughter," claimed Eiffert, "and no one has been brought to justice."
She continued, "I’m up against a wall."

n Jan. 9, 2003, Eiffert, then 19, drove her 1992 silver Ford Mustang to the home of a woman she met at a doctor’s office during a recent prenatal visit. The woman, identified as Nicole Johnson, told Eiffert she recently had lost a child and was looking to donate baby furniture and clothes, according to Eiffert’s family.

Johnson, "told us that when Ashley tried to leave, her car wouldn’t start," Yvonne Eiffert said.

Eiffert said Johnson claimed the teenager then called her boyfriend, Joe Hill, and that the two were arguing on the phone. Johnson told the family that she last saw Ashley crossing the street on her way to a Shell gas station.

Eiffert claimed that investigators did not review the surveillance camera from the gas station "until it was too late."

She went on, "By the time they looked at it, the tape had been erased."

According to the family, Johnson’s recollection of events has never been corroborated.

"It’s the only story we have, and it’s from a complete stranger," said Madeline Ludwick, Eiffert’s cousin.

A spokesperson for the New Orleans Police Department did not respond to an inquiry from Fox News. Neither Johnson nor Hill could be reached for comment.

According to a 2022 study by the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, homicide is the leading cause of death for pregnant women in the U.S.

Researchers found that women in the U.S. who are pregnant or who have recently given birth are more likely to be murdered than to die from obstetric causes – a statistic that has not changed over the last 20 years. A 2004 study by the National Coalition Against Domestic Violence reported that domestic violence killed more pregnant women each year than any other cause.

For Eiffert’s family, the anguish over her disappearance is as painful now as it was 20 years ago.

"I miss her energy more than anything. She was a joy to be around," Ludwick said of Eiffert, who loved dancing, playing softball and marching in Mardi Gras parades.

"Whoever did this took that all away from us," Ludwick said.

My cousin Ashley Marie Eiffert went missing in New Orleans on Jan 9th, 2003. She was 19yrs old and 7 months pregnant at the time of her disappearance. Ashley went to meet Nicole Celeste Johnson at 5217 Demontluzin Street in Gentilly. She met Nicole at a prenatal visit. Nicole claimed she had lost a child a few weeks prior and was willing to give Ashley baby furniture. Nicole states that Ashley began arguing on the phone with her bf at the time, Joseph Luis Hill (Joe Hill Jr). Ashley then went to get in her 1992 Ford Mustang, but it would not start. Nicole then states Ashley walked across the street to a shell gas station near Franklin Ave..and was never seen again. Ashley’s car sat in front of Nicole’s house for about 9 days until Ashley’s parents were driving around looking for her and noticed her car. My aunt knocked on the door and that’s when Nicole answered. That’s how we have the story that we have today. My aunt was more skeptical of Joe at the time, considering he was the father of the unborn child. My aunt still reported Nicole to the police, they claimed they could not track down Nicole or Joe, but that’s if they even tried. Ashley’s car was taken in for fingerprints and nothing came up. The car ultimately went to the pound because it did not run, so Nicole’s story does line up there. NOPD never took this case seriously and still don’t to this day. They didn’t even bother to get CCTV footage from gas station to see who could’ve picked her up from the gas station. Is Nicole’s story true? Joe never helped look for Ashley and only told my aunt “Ashley flipped the script” and that he would be praying for her..he hasn’t contacted my family since. With hurricane katrina happening a few years later, I wonder if she is 1 of the 30 that remain unidentified. If Joe killed her, you think her body would wash up..as a lot did. If anyone has any Jane does that match her description, please post here as well as your thoughts. Below I’ll attach a few links.

Missing pregnant New Orleans woman's family demands answers 20 years after disappearance | Fox News

Ashley Marie Eiffert – The Charley Project

After 14 years, New Orleans family still searches for teen who went missing while pregnant

Missing Person / NamUs #MP578

3854DFLA - Ashley Marie Eiffert

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3