GUILTY FL - Stephen Tomlinson, 13, found strangled, Tampa, 8 Dec 2005

aussiegran

Reaction score
TAMPA, Fla. -- Sheriff's office investigators were searching Friday for the killer of a 13-year-old boy whose body was discovered in the woods at a park near his north Tampa home.

The body of seventh-grader Stephen Donald Tomlinson was discovered at about 7:40 p.m. Thursday by some teenagers walking through the county park, said Hillsborough County sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter.

The boy suffered "trauma to his upper torso," Carter said, without releasing further details of the condition of the body pending a medical examiner's report.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/5500490/detail.html
>>>>>>>>>>
Not sure if this has been posted yet.
This is so terrible for this boy and his family I hope they get who did it .:banghead:

Sheriff: Tampa teen was strangled

A 13-year-old boy whose body was found in a north Tampa park last week died from being strangled, authorities said Monday.

Deputies continued to search for the killer of seventh-grader Stephen Donald Tomlinson, whose body was found Thursday night by some teens walking through a park in the boy's neighborhood. Witnesses said the body was bloody and beaten.

Hillsborough County Sheriff David Gee said it was a murder investigation.

Gee added that 35 of the agency's investigators were working on the case.

A 19-year-old male neighbor was interviewed at the scene but has not been charged by deputies. A witness told police the man walked out of the park Thursday night carrying a flashlight and had gloves in his pockets.

Here is his pic
051212222822_Stephen_Tomlinson.jpg

Father Of Slain Teenager Calls For Changes At Park

Furious and grief-stricken, the father of a slain 13-year-old boy asked on Saturday for changes to the county park where his child died. Ron Tomlinson wants better lighting at Logan Gate Park to brighten areas he described as "pitch black" at night, a concrete barrier wall and for the park to be renamed in memory of his son, Stephen Donald Tomlinson.

It's all for the sake of other families, he said, so that they won't have to live the same nightmare. Neighbors say they are prepared to sign a petition to convince county leaders that changes are necessary.

A group of teens found the seventh-grader at 7:40 p.m. Thursday in the rear of Logan Gate Village subdivision in northwestern Hillsborough County.

Stephen suffered blunt trauma to his upper body.

http://news.tbo.com/news/MGBEH6MT2HE.html

Residents wanted park closed

TAMPA - Security at the Carrollwood-area park where 13-year-old Stephen Tomlinson was strangled to death last week had concerned neighbors for years - so much so that they had convinced county officials to study closing down the park.

Their campaign's motto: "Put more eyes on our children."

This fall, county commissioners approved $25,000 to explore developing a different site along a busier road in the Logan Gate neighborhood to serve as the community's park.

"We recognize that (the current park) is in the worst possible place," said Donald Hardy, who heads the neighborhood's special tax district, which is spearheading the initiative. "It's secluded and it's at the end of a dead end and it's difficult to monitor."

http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/12/Tampabay/Residents_wanted_park.shtml

another photo
A_1_1Astephen_229796_1210.jpg

Strange, I hadn't heard a thing about this boys murder.

No arrests yet, the neighbourhood must be on edge and the poor family :(

Casshew said:
another photo http://www.sptimes.com/2005/12/10/images/small/A_1_1Astephen_229796_1210.jpg

Strange, I hadn't heard a thing about this boys murder.

No arrests yet, the neighbourhood must be on edge and the poor family :(
Casshew . I hadnt heard anything about it and thought it was strange too.:confused: He looks like an nice boy in the photos.I hope they have some dna or evidence . the neighbour sounds like a POI in my opinion ,I hope they checked him right out,I wonder why there isnt more on the news about this so kids can be watched in that area.

It is strange that this hasn't hit the mainstream news... if this was a little girl - we would be hearing lots more. :waitasec:

This sounds like a rage killing. More than likely the 19 year year old. But I am speculating. Besides being strangled he was beaten....overkill. Scott Dyleski comes to mind.

A youth minister was charged with strangling his 13-year-old neighbor, about a month after the teen's body was discovered in a park, authorities said.
Joshua Rosa, 19, was arrested Friday at his job at a Sports Authority after DNA evidence linked him to the slaying of Stephen Tomlinson, the Hillsborough County's sheriff's office said.

Rosa was being held without bail on a murder charge. He made his initial court appearance Saturday, but it was not known if he had an attorney, a jail official said.

Rosa lived across the street from Tomlinson for four years, and both teens attended the same church in Citrus Park. Detectives said witnesses saw him leaving a neighborhood park on Dec. 8, the night of Tomlinson's death.
http://www.news-journalonline.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Florida/floSTAT02010806.htm

Thanks for the update Rmywife.

I just about spit coffee though when I opened the thread and saw Casshew posting!

You're most welcome! Oh I love those killer peeps, can I eat one? hehe Jury selection going on now and they said on LB on TTV that the court house is not large enough may have to change it to another one; that will hold everyone.

You're most welcome! Oh I love those killer peeps, can I eat one? hehe Jury selection going on now and they said on LB on TTV that the court house is not large enough may have to change it to another one; that will hold everyone.

Maybe we should start a thread to following the trial in the TRIAL FORUM . . . I'd sure be interested in having regular updates.

Why has it taken 2.5 years to get this to trial? They arrested this guy in Jan. of 2006. Slooooooow.

Salem

Why has it taken 2.5 years to get this to trial? They arrested this guy in Jan. of 2006. Slooooooow.

Salem

That seems a speedy to me at this point. I'm still waiting on the trial of Jerry Hobbs for the Mother's Day murder of Krystal and Laura in May 2005. :(

Golfmom, Casshew don't post at WS anymore? Does anyone know why the boy was allowed to go to the park if it was already conisdered so unsafe that they were thinking of shutting it down?

Thanks for the update Rmywife.

I just about spit coffee though when I opened the thread and saw Casshew posting!

From July 2008:

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...pkilling-teen-gets-life-without-parole/727479

The 12 jurors deliberated a total of about five hours. Their decision left Hillsborough Circuit Judge William Fuente with only one sentencing option for Rosa: life in prison without parole. Prosecutors did not seek the death penalty...

The father had no doubt about Rosa's guilt. But prosecutors offered no motive, leaving Tomlinson without greater understanding of why his son had been killed.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back