NamUs

Charley Project

billman_steven.jpg
billman_steven2.jpg

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
• Missing Since: January 10, 2014 from Rochester, Washington
• Classification: Endangered Missing
• Height and Weight: 5'8, 140 - 150 pounds
• Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes. Billman's left pinky finger is deformed and won't bend. He wears eyeglasses. His nickname is Steev-O.

Details of Disappearance
Billman was last seen in Rochester, Washington on January 10, 2014. He has never been heard from again. Billman may have traveled to California after his disappearance. He was involved in the illegal marijuana industry at the time of his disappearance and his family delayed reporting him missing as a result.

Billman's vehicle, a white 1998 Dodge 4x4 with the Washington license plate number B29854C, disappeared along with him. In late 2016, police ran the plate number through their database and learned it is now registered to someone else. Foul play is suspected in Billman's case, which remains unsolved.

Investigation: Rochester Resident Steven Billman Now Believed to Have Been Murdered

The Thurston County Sheriff’s Office now believes a Rochester man missing since 2014 was murdered after recently getting its first real break in the case in several years.

“What I’m hoping is I want this to go out everywhere and I want this person of interest to become very nervous,” said Det. Frank Frawley, of the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office.

Frawley said investigators are not yet ready to charge their person of interest, and have not released his name.

He was reported missing several months later. Frawley said his family delayed reporting the disappearance because Billman was involved in the illegal marijuana industry. There was some suspicion that he was going to California.

Jessica Miller, Billman’s older sister, said her brother was spending time with a new group of people around the time he went missing.

“He would always check in with me every three months or so at least,” she said. “I knew when I didn’t seem him for a while something wasn’t right.”

Detectives investigated, but the case soon went cold, Frawley said.

Billman was last seen driving a white 1998 Dodge Ram truck. It was that truck, more than two years later, that gave detectives a new lead in the case, Frawley said.

Late last year, his mother visited Frawley to talk about the case. Frawley decided to run the truck’s plate number once again and learned it was registered to another person.

“We had never been notified by anybody that anything had happened with the truck,” he said.

Detectives interviewed the new owner, who is now their person of interest.

“We just kind of followed the trail because it switched a lot of hands,” Frawley said.

Frawley said information from a number of witnesses points to the conclusion that Billman was murdered.

Missing Thurston County man believed to be victim of homicide; ‘We want Steev-o back

"The person of interest, I know is very nervous. Talking to other witnesses. Everybody is afraid of him.” said Det. Frawley who added that the person of interest told another witness last July that "he messed up royally and wouldn't be able to recover from it." Detective Frawley says he knows that the person of interest was seen putting several coats of paint on his garage floor.

The Washington State Patrol Crime Lab searched the vehicle for forensic evidence.

“They did recover blood stains inside the truck. They located not only in the bed of the truck but they located behind the seat. They located some on the seat and then some on the headliner,” said Det. Frawley. They found several different types of blood which are now being tested for a DNA profile. "We want Steev-o back. We want to give closure to the family and bring these people to justice” said Det. Frawley.

The idea that her brother is out in the woods somewhere or buried in somebody’s yard haunts Billman’s oldest sister.

"I'm not worried about anyone getting in trouble. I'm worried about where my brother is and if he's a deceased body, like him not being forgotten about,” said Jessica Miller.

[video=youtube;6U4CzDl9Q-A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U4CzDl9Q-A[/video]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress