CA - Janet Mejia, 28, Sacramento, 11 April 2017 *Arrest*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Janet Mejia was reported missing by her roommate Tuesday night. She was last seen leaving her residence in the 7200 block of Pepperwood Knoll Lane, in the Foothill Farms area north of Elkhorn Boulevard and east of Walerga Road.

Sheriff deputies located her vehicle Wednesday afternoon in the Arden-Arcade area, about a 15-minute drive from her home.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article144318959.html#storylink=cpy

Janet%20Mejia

https://www.facebook.com/MissingPiecesNetwork/posts/1665381790434659:0

The credit card was found on Monday, and it was confirmed she was seen last on Tuesday, so it's no longer believed they are related. You can take this as rumor because I don't have any MSM to back it up; I just don't want us going down rabbit holes. Her sister believes she simply lost her credit card in the parking lot of her work the day prior to her going missing. Anything is possible though, so it's good to keep this info.

The credit card was found on Monday, and it was confirmed she was seen last on Tuesday, so it's no longer believed they are related. You can take this as rumor because I don't have any MSM to back it up; I just don't want us going down rabbit holes. Her sister believes she simply lost her credit card in the parking lot of her work the day prior to her going missing. Anything is possible though, so it's good to keep this info.

Ok, good to know though a strange coincidence. Was she on her way to work when she left her house Tuesday? Was the car actually found at the mall, or just near it? Not sure if the facts below are accurate?

- Janet Mejia, 28, was last seen about 9 a.m. Tuesday as she left her home in the 7200 block of Pepperwood Knoll Lane.

-Deputies found Mejia’s vehicle Wednesday afternoon in the Arden-Arcade area, but there was no sign of Mejia.

-Works at Nordstroms in the Mall.

1. According to Sac. Co. Sheriff's Dpt.:
"28-year-old Janet Mejia was reported missing by her roommate last night. She was last seen around 9:00 a.m. on April 11, 2017, when she left the residence and has not been seen or heard from since."
https://www.facebook.com/SacSheriff...9098336560696/977295029074352/?type=3&theater

I would like to know if the roommate was also the last person to see Janet. I am assuming so, but it could also be something like the roommate wasn't home at the time, but Janet was seen on a security camera, she waved at a neighbor as she left home, etc.

2. Do we/does Janet's sister know for sure Janet worked the day prior to her going missing (which would have been Monday)? If not, any evidence that Janet was in the parking lot where her credit card was found on Monday (e.g., shopping at Nordstrom on her day off)?

3. I would like to know:
1) when Janet last worked before disappearing;
2) what time on Monday her credit card was found.

I really don't like that her car has been found but no Janet. Hope that she is found soon, safe and sound.

But Tuesday was different. Her roommate says she wasn’t able to get a hold of Janet because her phone was off. Janet left her apartment that morning, for a doctors appointment in Stockton. The next day, Sacramento Sheriff’s deputies discovered her car in a residential neighborhood in the Arden area.

“We canvassed that area around the car—see if anyone knows her. Is she visiting somebody?—to try to put a timeframe to things. We still haven’t found any connection where her car was located,” said Tony Turnbull of the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.

For now, family and friends are staking out at Janet’s North Highlands apartment complex. They say she moved in with roommates here at the Pepperwood Knoll Lane Apartments after graduating from Sacramento State, before getting a job at the Nordstrom in Roseville. But retail isn’t her only passion. Janet majored in deaf studies and has dreams of pursuing a career as an interpreter for the deaf.

“We just want to find her so we can help her to that—that is her dream,” her sister said.
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2017/04/13/missing-sacramento-woman-janet-mejia/

Elvia Gutierrez was among a group of Mejia’s friends who gathered in Sacramento on Thursday to distribute fliers near her apartment, the area where her vehicle was found and the Sacramento State campus.

Gurtierrez, who lives in the Bay Area, said she and Mejia grew up in the same Stockton neighborhood.

Gurtierrez said Mejia’s sister and brother-in-law became concerned after Mejia failed to come to their Stockton home as planned on Monday night. They subsequently learned that she had not shown up for her job Monday at Nordstrom in the Westfield Galleria at Roseville. Mejia typically was in daily contact with her family, Gurierrez said.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article144318959.html

A poster above said Janet's sister thought she just lost her credit card in the parking lot Monday and it wasn't related? This story said the sister was concerned because she did not show up at her home as scheduled or at work on Monday? Yet Janet was seen on Tuesday, heading out for a Dr. Appt?

Did she have a control freak ex? I'm getting those vibes, and not good ones. : (

I wonder if she was meeting up with someone she met online...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A poster above said Janet's sister thought she just lost her credit card in the parking lot Monday and it wasn't related? This story said the sister was concerned because she did not show up at her home as scheduled or at work on Monday? Yet Janet was seen on Tuesday, heading out for a Dr. Appt?

My two cents...Trust the sheriff's press release. I believe the friend misspoke when talking to the media about which day people became worried. Someone did say they saw her on Tuesday morning leaving her apartment. Of course, the witness could be mistaken on the day they saw her, but that's what they told LE. JMO

Did she student teach before graduating? If so- where?

I wonder if she was meeting up with someone she met online...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(Maybe I will add this as my new signature to cover half the cases here...)

(This is the Question for so many cases in this new advanced world of real time and technology, and will continue to be in the future, IMO.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back