GUILTY NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 - #3

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
joseph-comunale.jpg

Grim signs point to foul play for Connecticut man who vanished after posh Manhattan party

November 16, 2016

A 26-year-old Connecticut man disappeared after going to a party in a Midtown apartment — and the NYPD now suspects he may have been the victim of foul play, police sources said Tuesday.

Emergency Service Unit police dogs found a pair of pants they believe belong to Joseph Comunale, along with bloody sheets inside a garbage bag near the apartment building on E. 59th St. and First Ave., sources said.

Comunale had visited the apartment late Saturday, the sources said.

Comunale, who is from Stamford, joined two men from New Jersey and three other women who were visiting the son of a well-known jeweler who lives in the Grand Sutton tower, sources said.

[...]

Comunale was last seen on surveillance entering the building Sunday at 7:30 a.m.

2 Men Charged With Murder After Buried Body Is Found in New Jersey

November 17, 2016

Two men were charged with murder in Manhattan on Thursday, a day after the body of a Connecticut man they had partied with over the weekend was found in a shallow grave on the Jersey Shore.

The men, James Rackover, 25, of Manhattan, and Lawrence Dilione, 28, of Jersey City, were charged with second-degree murder, concealment of a human corpse and tampering with physical evidence in the fatal stabbing of Joseph Comunale, 26, of Stamford, Conn. Mr. Dilione was also charged with hindering prosecution. They were awaiting arraignment on Thursday in Manhattan Criminal Court.

Third person charged in stabbing death of Conn. man last seen at NYC party

December 6, 2016

A third person has been arrested in connection with the stabbing death of a Connecticut man who vanished last month after a party at a luxury New York City apartment.

Investigators have been working to determine who killed 26-year-old Joseph Comunale, of Stamford, Connecticut. His body was found in a shallow grave in New Jersey a few days after he disappeared.

The New York Police Department said Tuesday that 29-year-old Max Gemma, of Oceanport, New Jersey, has been arrested on charges of hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence.

Thread #1
Thread #2

Prosecutors still don’t have a murder charge in party stabbing

Manhattan prosecutors said Friday that they still haven’t obtained a murder indictment in the*stabbing death of a Hofstra grad in a luxury Midtown apartment*more than five months ago.

Assistant District Attorney Peter Casolaro had assured the court Jan. 17 that *advertiser censored*murder charge was forthcoming*in the next two months.

But Casolaro told Justice Charles Solomon now more than three months later that prosecutors are*still working on presenting the case to a grand jury.

He said “Mr Rackover wants to testify” and that this would be scheduled in the coming days.

He did not specify whether a murder charge would be sought against all of the defendants.

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.c...t-have-a-murder-charge-in-party-stabbing/amp/

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

<snip> The Manhattan District Attorney's office will present a homicide case in the death of a 26-year-old Hofstra graduate within two weeks, prosecutors said Friday.

The update was given at a brief court appearance at which prosecutors said upgraded charges could be on the horizon, after delays caused by "witness issues" were resolved with help from the judge.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...charges-hofstra-grad-murder-article-1.3086155

The update was given at a brief court appearance at which prosecutors said upgraded charges could be on the horizon, after delays caused by "witness issues" were resolved with help from the judge.

He said “Mr Rackover wants to testify” and that this would be scheduled in the coming days."We are going to return to the grand jury to seek additional charges," Assistant District Attorney Peter Casolaro said in Manhattan Supreme Court.
rackover22n-3-web.jpg

He told Justice Charles Solomon that the presentation to a new grand jury panel would be sometime in the next two weeks "unless there is something that goes wrong with a witness.”

No details were given about the witnesses or the issues that held up the process which has been in the works for months.

So who do you think the witness is???? Rackover?????

He said “Mr Rackover wants to testify” and that this would be scheduled in the coming days."We are going to return to the grand jury to seek additional charges," Assistant District Attorney Peter Casolaro said in Manhattan Supreme Court.
rackover22n-3-web.jpg

He told Justice Charles Solomon that the presentation to a new grand jury panel would be sometime in the next two weeks "unless there is something that goes wrong with a witness.”

No details were given about the witnesses or the issues that held up the process which has been in the works for months.

So who do you think the witness is???? Rackover?????
Immunity for Gemma to testify about what he witnessed is my best guess.

So why bring up rackover testifing?
That would be easier to answer if his attorney and not the prosecutor brought it up.

Rackover is a con man; a successful one too. He probably thinks that he can convince the grand jurors that he's somehow a victim too in this ordeal and they won't indict him.

That's just my opinion, I'm probably wrong... :)

Just wanted to add re the above article:

The case was adjourned to May 19 for possible information on new charges.

Is it common in cases like this for them to all be sitting together side by side in court? Just asking because I do not know. Its not like they would all be tried together?

Is it common in cases like this for them to all be sitting together side by side in court? Just asking because I do not know. Its not like they would all be tried together?
Usually defendants will ask to have their cases severed in order to be tried separately. In this case since the big boy charges have yet to be filed.

There's a deal to be had and one of the three contestants is going to get it. The prosecutor's statement about Rackover wanting to testify is a good indication that he's going to fight hard for the deal (and pointing the finger at Larry "dump the body by mommy's house" Dillione & Max "changed his clothes" Gemma).

Heck, maybe Larry & Max did kill the guy and Rackover just helped cover it up.

I have no clue at this point.

Early on, I had read in MSM that one of the defendant's attorney stated that JR and LD would be tried together & MG would be tried separately.

Have no idea what will happen now, though.

Report: Murder charges loom in Comunale case
http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/pol...er-charges-loom-in-Comunale-case-11094109.php

More than five months after a 26-year-old Stamford man was killed following a night of partying in New York City, no one has been charged with the murder.
However, prosecutors on Friday said they expect to file murder charges within two weeks, according to a New York Daily News report.
&#8220;We are going to return to the grand jury to seek additional charges,&#8221; Peter Casolaro, of the Manhattan District Attorney&#8217;s office, told a judge, according to the Daily News.

Next court hearing date is May 19th.

Turncoat co-defendant Lawrence Dilione &#8220;threw me under the bus to save his own a--,&#8221; Rackover said, wearing an ill-fitting jumpsuit, once again denied any role.

&#8220;What motive would I have?&#8221; Rackover railed from his seat in the Manhattan Detention Complex. &#8220;What trouble would I be in? Does it make sense to you?&#8221;

Rackover insists that Dilione, in their last conversation months ago, apologized for ratting him out to police and promised to make things right.

&#8220;I&#8217;m going to get you out of here,&#8221; he quotes Dilione as saying. &#8220;Ask your lawyer if he can get my statements dismissed.&#8221;

Rackover claims he was unfairly targeted because of his dad&#8217;s celebrity clientele and because the killing occurred in his apartment.

He wonders why Dilione isn&#8217;t under the same scrutiny. &#8220;Why isn&#8217;t anyone looking into Larry?&#8221; he asked. &#8220;Why is it always me? It&#8217;s because of my last name.&#8221;

Turncoat co-defendant Lawrence Dilione &#8220;threw me under the bus to save his own a--,&#8221; Rackover said, wearing an ill-fitting jumpsuit, once again denied any role.

&#8220;What motive would I have?&#8221; Rackover railed from his seat in the Manhattan Detention Complex. &#8220;What trouble would I be in? Does it make sense to you?&#8221;

Rackover insists that Dilione, in their last conversation months ago, apologized for ratting him out to police and promised to make things right.

&#8220;I&#8217;m going to get you out of here,&#8221; he quotes Dilione as saying. &#8220;Ask your lawyer if he can get my statements dismissed.&#8221;

Rackover claims he was unfairly targeted because of his dad&#8217;s celebrity clientele and because the killing occurred in his apartment.

He wonders why Dilione isn&#8217;t under the same scrutiny. &#8220;Why isn&#8217;t anyone looking into Larry?&#8221; he asked. &#8220;Why is it always me? It&#8217;s because of my last name.&#8221;

It is an interesting article... so many words yet so little is actually said...

Rackover's strategy is a smart one [and potentially honest one but who can tell at this point]: Assuming that it is probable that Gemma will corroborate Dillione's story [well...as much as he can without implicating himself], Rackover finds himself as the odd man out.

Rackover may be telling the truth but his own past and his portrayal in the media thus far harms his public credibility.

I honestly don't know who to believe. But I do know that at least two of these men [potentially all three] were involved in attempting to cover-up the murder and played a role in disposing of the corpse.

Does anyone remember the House in Old Louisville with the body in the basement?

In December 2009 Jeffrey Mundt and Joseph Banis murdered Jamie Carroll at their home in Old Louisville. They buried Carroll's body in the basement.

In June 2010 they pointed the finger at each other as being the murderer.

Separate trials.
One jury convicted Banis of murder and he was sentenced to life in prison.

Another jury*found Mundt not guilty of murder, convicting him of robbery and tampering, immediate parole.

Mundt got away with murder.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/police-say-case-is-real-how-to-get-away-with-murder/1058406/

Hopefully this case won't pan out the same way...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back