Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
15-year-old Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas may be in the area of Decatur, Alabama.

She is white, blonde hair, hazel eyes, 5 feet 5 inches and 120 pounds. She was last seen wearing a flannel shirt and black leggings.

Thomas is believed to be in the company of 50-year-old Tad Cummins, a white male, 6 feet tall, 200 pounds, brown hair and brown eyes. He is believed to be armed with two handguns and driving a Silver Nissan Rogue with Tennessee tag number 976ZPT.

ElizabethThomasMissingChild16x9_1489527855127_8971019_ver1.0.JPG

http://wate.com/2017/03/14/statewide-endangered-child-alert-for-missing-middle-tennessee-teen/
http://www.waff.com/story/34847631/endangered-tn-runaway-may-be-in-decatur-area
http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/statewide-endangered-child-alert-issued-for-missing-teen/422561108

Verified Insiders:

MCElizabethsSISTER

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Witness at school considered Tad Cummins a ‘mentor,’ but reported seeing him kiss Elizabeth Thomas
Posted Mar 20, 2017
Updated at 9:47 AM

170317220019-05-tad-cummins-exlarge-169.jpg

Elizabeth Thomas growled at the student who reported her for kissing former Culleoka teacher Tad Cummins inside his classroom, her family told The Daily Herald, but otherwise the two had no contact with the witness after she turned them in.

Cummins was inside his classroom after school Jan. 23 with his grandson and Thomas, the girl told family members, when she walked in and inexplicably saw them kissing. Cummins and Thomas were sitting side by side in chairs and kissed on the lips as the grandchild, who also attends Culleoka, was using one of the classroom's computers.

"She was shocked and walked out of the classroom," a family member said. "She didn't expect that. She didn't know why it was happening. She thought of Tad as someone who really cared about his students and had a hard time with what she saw. She went home, told her mother, and knew what she had to do — report him the next morning."

Amber Alert: Family doesn’t think Elizabeth Thomas left willingly
Published: March 29, 2017

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) – While more than 1,000 tips have poured in to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, an Amber Alert remains in effect for Elizabeth Thomas and her former teacher Tad Cummins.

Authorities held a joint press conference Tuesday where they stressed the relationship between Thomas and Cummins was not a romance.

“Grooming, because that is exactly what was going on. You had a 50-year-old educated man who was obviously trying to convince this venerable 15-year-old girl that being in a relationship with him was the right thing to do,” said Cooper.

<snip>

DA Cooper said Tuesday that Mexican law enforcement was notified of the Amber Alert for Thomas. And while investigators say they don&#8217;t have any substantial tips that lead them to believe the two have crossed the border, but they are not ruling anything out.

TBI: Elizabeth Thomas, Tad Cummins were spotted in Oklahoma

March 31, 2017

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has confirmed a sighting of 15-year-old Elizabeth Thomas, along with Tad Cummins, the 50-year-old man suspected in her kidnapping earlier this month.

Based on a Thursday tip, investigators obtained surveillance images from a Walmart in Oklahoma City, Okla. on the afternoon of March 15th.

TBI officials say Cummins used cash to purchase various food items but did not purchase anything of significance.

2j51hmt.jpg

2sblkl3.jpg

2qasjo7.jpg

vox10x.jpg

The Rules - Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, etc.

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Individuals

Victim (missing or murdered person)
Suspect (as indicated by LE)

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).
***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

Not Allowed

Social media pages that fall in the following categories are OFF LIMITS.

Family members of either a victim or a suspect
Friends of either a victim or a suspect
Most any other individual

Don't link to these pages, nor make reference to information you find on them.

Along the going south train of thought, there are a lot of U.S. and Canadian expats living in Nicaragua, apparently a 3mo visa is easy to get at the border. It is considered safer and cheaper than Costa Rica and medical care is free. Also, while they have cooperated on some cases in the past, there is no extradition agreement with the U.S..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone ever contact any Park and Recreation sites? I am going to send an email to each state and just wanted to know if there were some that were already done.

Along the going south train of thought, there are a lot of U.S. and Canadian expats living in Nicaragua, apparently a 3mo visa is easy to get at the border. It is considered safer and cheaper than Costa Rica and medical care is free. Also, while they have cooperated on some cases in the past, there is no extradition agreement with the U.S..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not sure why Nicaragua would be considered safer than Costa Rica. Outside of San Jose and some small theft on the Caribbean side, Costa Rica is very safe. Nonetheless, either country is relatively safe outside of larger cities.

As far as a Visa is concerned, you don't need one if you avoid border crossings and work for cash. I suspect that is Tad's plan no matter what country they are in.

The above is my opinion only.

Since Brent Cooper released the info about note. I would like to know what food and other items were purchased at Walmart. They originally said food items were purchased so what food and HOW MUCH ? Was it camping type food like jerky, energy bars, etc. Perhaps an ice chest? If it was bacon and eggs they most likely had access to a propane stove or a place with a kitchen. I want to know everything they purchased.

Since Brent Cooper released the info about note. I would like to know what food and other items were purchased at Walmart. They originally said food items were purchased so what food and HOW MUCH ? Was it camping type food like jerky, energy bars, etc. Perhaps an ice chest? If it was bacon and eggs they most likely had access to a propane stove or a place with a kitchen. I want to know everything they purchased.

That would be interesting know. Since LE thanks the "spotting" was intentional to hinder the search, it is reasonable to think any purchases could have been made for the same reason. So, while interesting, I would not read too much into anything they may have purchased. My guess would be processed food to eat in the car.

I am not sure why Nicaragua would be considered safer than Costa Rica. Outside of San Jose and some small theft on the Caribbean side, Costa Rica is very safe. Nonetheless, either country is relatively safe outside of larger cities.

As far as a Visa is concerned, you don't need one if you avoid border crossings and work for cash. I suspect that is Tad's plan no matter what country they are in.

That vehicle, IMHO, would not be nearly as common in any Latin American country. They tend to drive smaller vehicles.

I can't believe today is a month and we're up to Thread #13 with only ONE confirmed sighting.

I think most Americans haven't heard of or didn't pay attention to this case when it was on national news.

I can't believe today is a month and we're up to Thread #13 with only ONE confirmed sighting.

I think most Americans haven't heard of or didn't pay attention to this case when it was on national news.

I totally agree. I feel there has been a lack of publicity and a lack of effort - almost a "they'll turn up eventually" kind of mindset. I am very frightened for Elizabeth.

That vehicle, IMHO, would not be nearly as common in any Latin American country. They tend to drive smaller vehicles.

While there could be a higher percentage of smaller, less expensive, vehicles in a Central American country, a Nissan Rouge would not stand out. You see many types of vehicles from small cars to trucks, to SUVs, to large passenger vans. Unless someone is looking for that car, it is not a problem.

I'm 1.5 hours from the OK sighting. I have to admit, I went to Walmart the other day and kept watching for them. What if everyone figures they moved on and out of state but they didn't???!!! HIGHLY unlikely I know, but OK has so many lakes and campgrounds, it's possible they are still here. I've been camping most of my life and I know that even staying just a week somewhere, AND going fully stocked with groceries, it never fails we end up needing something and have to make a trip to a store at least once during our trip. Even for just staples, milk, bread, eggs.....if you're eating canned meals, that gets old fast. So how are they getting these items? Even if they pre-stocked a cabin somewhere, milk goes bad....what is the water supply like? We always used bottled water for drinking when camping, are they? Her personal hygiene needs, they surely will run out of those eventually. I just can't believe there hasn't been another store sighting that they can release! That's honestly what makes me think they've already gone outside the US. Money/funds, food supply, etc., they are somewhere they don't have to worry about being seen, somewhere cameras aren't common in stores to record them.

ARGH!!! The thought that someone could be helping them just disgusts me. This girl needs a chance to be home and live her life. Make her OWN choices.

These threads move so fast, I can't really keep up these days. I try to check in periodically and at least make sure no other big news breaks. .

I'm 1.5 hours from the OK sighting. I have to admit, I went to Walmart the other day and kept watching for them. What if everyone figures they moved on and out of state but they didn't???!!! HIGHLY unlikely I know, but OK has so many lakes and campgrounds, it's possible they are still here. I've been camping most of my life and I know that even staying just a week somewhere, AND going fully stocked with groceries, it never fails we end up needing something and have to make a trip to a store at least once during our trip. Even for just staples, milk, bread, eggs.....if you're eating canned meals, that gets old fast. So how are they getting these items? Even if they pre-stocked a cabin somewhere, milk goes bad....what is the water supply like? We always used bottled water for drinking when camping, are they? Her personal hygiene needs, they surely will run out of those eventually. I just can't believe there hasn't been another store sighting that they can release! That's honestly what makes me think they've already gone outside the US. Money/funds, food supply, etc., they are somewhere they don't have to worry about being seen, somewhere cameras aren't common in stores to record them.

ARGH!!! The thought that someone could be helping them just disgusts me. This girl needs a chance to be home and live her life. Make her OWN choices.

These threads move so fast, I can't really keep up these days. I try to check in periodically and at least make sure no other big news breaks. .

That thought has crossed my mind as well. What if OK was their destination and not somewhere they were passing through?

I look for them everywhere I go, even though I live in a place that they are not likely to visit. Out of state plates are scarce. I haven't seen a Tennessee plate yet and I have been looking for as long as they have been missing. I did see a silver Nissan Rogue yesterday, and my heart nearly stopped. Then I saw who was driving it (mom with kids) and calmed down.

I mentioned my friends who got married in Baja California a couple of months ago. The entire wedding party with the exception of 2 people came down with Zika virus. I hope for their health and safety that they are in the US.

I want to know if TC has any good friends who would help him hide - like a childhood friend or relative who has a cabin, land, or rental house.

That thought has crossed my mind as well. What if OK was their destination and not somewhere they were passing through?

I look for them everywhere I go, even though I live in a place that they are not likely to visit. Out of state plates are scarce. I haven't seen a Tennessee plate yet and I have been looking for as long as they have been missing. I did see a silver Nissan Rogue yesterday, and my heart nearly stopped. Then I saw who was driving it (mom with kids) and calmed down.

I mentioned my friends who got married in Baja California a couple of months ago. The entire wedding party with the exception of 2 people came down with Zika virus. I hope for their health and safety that they are in the US.

I want to know if TC has any good friends who would help him hide - like a childhood friend or relative who has a cabin, land, or rental house.

I am curious about the "hunker down" theory.

In this scenario, how long do you think Tad envisions hiding out? What is the long-term play?

The "hunker down" theory is hard for me to consider because, in my mind, hiding out together is not the same as running away together.

Maybe he didn't think long-term, but indications to me are that he did.

Gonna throw my earlier post in for pondering

The best hiding place is in plain sight.

I said earlier that I suspected the phones were transported to Decator by someone else to be turned on there and dumped, and that the particular exit they used in OK was a diversion to make it look like they were going to head south.

If I was betting on where they are now, I would put my last Dollar on Tennessee. He's changed plates, Or maybe used black electrical tape ( heck, maybe paint) to alter the characters. He's also altered the appearance of the car. Merely painting the wheels black with plasti dip, and adding some vinyl stripes, would cause you to think it's a kid's car and look away.

I also think someone is helping them out. Maybe dropping groceries off in a designated spot for them to pick up later.

We're looking for a silver Nissan which is is pretty good shape.

A frog will watch a baseball roll right past without flinching because he is looking for the fly-

I am curious about the "hunker down" theory.

In this scenario, how long do you think Tad envisions hiding out? What is the long-term play?

The "hunker down" theory is hard for me to consider because, in my mind, hiding out together is not the same as running away together.

Maybe he didn't think long-term, but indications to me are that he did.

Another poster (I think it was BessDrew) pointed out yesterday that we tend to look at the situation in terms of "what we would do". It may be better to open our minds to all possibilities, IMHO.

They may be hiding out to avoid being seen, traveling after dark only, coming out only for food and possibly gas. If they aren't traveling much, they won't need gas as often.

Or they could have changed their appearances again (imagine how different he might look he shaved off his goatee and hair, or went blond, imagine her with dark hair or really light blond hair and heavy makeup) and are blending in like a father and daughter in some largish city.

Long term to me means more than 4-6 months, because we know they had maybe $5000 with them. With enough cash, they could stay hidden indefinitely. Without funds, they will have to work, which means more exposure.

Another poster (I think it was BessDrew) pointed out yesterday that we tend to look at the situation in terms of "what we would do". It may be better to open our minds to all possibilities, IMHO.

They may be hiding out to avoid being seen, traveling after dark only, coming out only for food and possibly gas. If they aren't traveling much, they won't need gas as often.

Or they could have changed their appearances again (imagine how different he might look he shaved off his goatee and hair, or went blond, imagine her with dark hair or really light blond hair and heavy makeup) and are blending in like a father and daughter in some largish city.

Long term to me means more than 4-6 months, because we know they had maybe $5000 with them. With enough cash, they could stay hidden indefinitely. Without funds, they will have to work, which means more exposure.

I appreciate the response and understand that the "hunker down" theory may be correct.

I just don't see it as the most likely scenario.

Based on the facts I know, I have derived the theory that they are running for Central America. To the contrary of the best place to hide is in plain sight (unless you are a master of disguise), I think the best place to hid is where no one is looking for you.

In Tad's fantasy, I think long-term is lifetime. While it may not be reasonable, I think what he threw away, along with known communications between the two, the thought appears to be running away for a new life. If true, that does not happen in plain sight where you are being sought. Why risk that when you have the opportunity to get away?

As Mike Tyson is attributed to saying, "everyone has a plan until they get punched in the nose". I am not sure if Tad feels like he has been punched in the nose, so, I think he is still on his plan. I think his plan is away from where he is being sought. I could be completely wrong.

I appreciate the discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads