ID ID: Mark Stoneking, dob 9/10/1958, Ada, 14 Aug 2014

nemo'smom

Reaction score
Mark A. Stoneking

https://claimus.org/cases/3388#

Died in a Hospice with no known next of kin.

Born 9/10/1958 and died 8/14/2014

Ada, Idaho

This decedent is interned at the crypt for the forgotten at Terrace Lawns Memorial Gardens Cemetery - placed on 5-24-2016

Name: Mark A Stoneking
Date of Birth: 10 Sep 1958
Birth Place: Christian, Kentucky, USA
Mother's name: Roma Derr
Volume Number: 092
Certificate Number: 45677
Volume Year: 1958

If this is correct, we have Mom's name. My initial search on ancestry turned up nothing further on her.

2836 W LEMHI ST
BOISE ID 83705-3420
Jan 2008 - Apr 2017

Looks to be last known address. Has two relatives, Kirk Stoneking (56) & Marita Stoneking (56)

if this link is the right relative, Kirk Stoneking, the brother of the unclaimed, then kirk is deceased. https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=81988361

However the obituary lists several potential nieces, nephews, and a wife or ex wife.

This family is in Iowa and the deceased was found in Idaho. So it may or may not be a match. Other unclaimed workers, I would appreciate your evaluation of this information.

if this link is the right relative, Kirk Stoneking, the brother of the unclaimed, then kirk is deceased. https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=81988361

However the obituary lists several potential nieces, nephews, and a wife or ex wife.

This family is in Iowa and the deceased was found in Idaho. So it may or may not be a match. Other unclaimed workers, I would appreciate your evaluation of this information.

Good find, I've been searching over Kirk's name and Mark's name and I'm not getting anything new. It seems strange there's no parents listed. (at least where I'm searching) I wonder if maybe his siblings are all dead, parents are dead, and perhaps he never had children or wasn't very close to his sibling's children (if they had any)

I am not getting anywhere with that line either. Then I found this

Date of Birth: 10 Sep 1958
Birth Place: Christian, Kentucky, USA
Mother's name: Roma Derr
Volume Number: 092
Certificate Number: 45677
Volume Year: 1958

And this:
Birth Date: 10 Sep 1958
Address: 6952 Dixie Dr, West Jordan, UT, 84084-1741 (1996)
[468 S 900 W 4, Salt Lake City, UT, 84104 (1994)]

I have located a M.L. Stoneking who is associated with a Mark A. Stoneking and a Kirk. E. Stoneking out of California. She has the same California location that comes up with an address associated with Mark back in 1996. There is also a D. Stoneking associated with this group.

The link to the grave mentioned above is for a different Kirk. From what I have found Kirk's middle name is Edward. He can be found with multiple entries in Utah under his name with the newest being in 2004.

I think what is making this problematic is that it appears that Mr. Stoneking moved around quite a bit during his lifetime.

ETA: On a garbled obit for a P. Hanson there is mention of a M.A. Stoneking, however, the original obit is not available for viewing due to paper not archiving back to 2007.

And at one of the addresses for Mark: 7801 W. Vallejo Rd., Boisie, ID there is a historical listing for both a K. Hanson and a H. Derr.

I am fairly certain that this is the correct family.

I have found information on Kirk (same Kirk mentioned by kateintx) and Marita (and their adult son Dakota, presumably), and another individual named Douglas A Stoneking (61). Aside from Douglas, the Kirk's family did reside in Boisie, ID, according to data, but now live in Utah in the area Douglas lives or lived.

I have obtained the following:

-Home address
-Kirk's cell Phone
-Kirk's email
-Facebook pages

I have sent Facebook messages, but I don't expect to receive a reply, as anonymous messages arrive in the FB junk notifications, and almost always go unnoticed. I have emailed Kirk as well, so hopefully he checks his email. I don't have what it takes to contact someone by phone in this situation. If someone would like to try to contact by phone, let me know, and I'll PM the cell number (hopefully, still in service) to you.

:( Kirk emailed me back, and I'm sorry to say that he has confirmed Mark A. Stoneking to be his brother...

:( Kirk emailed me back, and I'm sorry to say that he has confirmed Mark A. Stoneking to be his brother...

So, how does it now go on? Did you submit this information to the case manager? And will this lead to have him now claimed and out of this listing?

Yes, I submitted it. I emailed them yesterday to check on the submission, and they sent me an email asking me to resubmit. I just now emailed them all the information (again).

Thank you! Glad to read thst there is some reaction to your efforts

:) :) Yeah.

Ada County Coroner's Office emailed me today, and said that they have made contact with Kirk (younger brother).

Final confirmation of next of kin seems to take a while. I hope the Ada County Coroner's Office bothers to update the next of kin status soon. It won't feel like a closed case until then..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back