Found Deceased AL - Hy'Shawn 'Shawn' Curry, 28, Clarke County, 31 Jan 2016

Claireishere

Reaction score
I thought for sure I had created a thread before for Hy'Shawn Curry but can not find it now. Went missing from a tiny town called Thomasville in Alabama. Was last seen alive 1/31/2016. His car was found later and a person of interest was taken in on 2/11/2016. Since then there has been no new info.

link to Shawn's FB
https://www.facebook.com/shawn.curry.7161

So I could use some tips on this. I went to the law enforcement website of Alabama to find his case number so I could submit his case to charleyproject and hes not listed on the official state site. The police department that handles his case actively post missing person fliers on their FB page but he has no namus, no charleyproject page and his case is receiving almost no attention. So in saying all this can anyone suggest how to find his case number so he can be submitted to charleyproject? I don't think the police department handling his case is incapable I just think it's an incredibly small town area I think they are likely underfunded and not accustomed to handling this type of case. His car was found very close to the Mississippi state line.

There is a lot of people actively posting on his FB page but it looks like little to no concentrated effort.

I drove through Wilcox county yesterday. Not a particularly large area but lots of woods. The area is poor. I’m sure the area literally can’t afford a true search and prob waits for hunting season in hopes of remains being found.

Any tips on getting a case number?
Hi Claire. I don't really know much about anything regarding how to get case numbers etc, but was wondering if you've had any luck? I was reading a lot of the comments on Shawn's fb and it made me so sad.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I know whoever was arrested was released for lack of evidence. I believe I have to contact the police directly to get the case number. I messaged his sister and had her check out the info I collected and sent to the identification website. His FB page is why I am so obsessive about his case. He was a young, handsome father. Him being an adult male and on top of that African American makes it really hard to get much attention from even the local news. So I first found his FB and there were so many loving words, then I made the mistake of googling news articles and was horrified at the stuff I can across. It literally looks like a white supremacy group is writing about his case and making effort to call him every slur they can come up with.

I know whoever was arrested was released for lack of evidence. I believe I have to contact the police directly to get the case number. I messaged his sister and had her check out the info I collected and sent to the identification website. His FB page is why I am so obsessive about his case. He was a young, handsome father. Him being an adult male and on top of that African American makes it really hard to get much attention from even the local news. So I first found his FB and there were so many loving words, then I made the mistake of googling news articles and was horrified at the stuff I can across. It literally looks like a white supremacy group is writing about his case and making effort to call him every slur they can come up with.
That's awful!!! I'm furious and heartbroken for him and his family. I don't understand the world we live in.

Neither do I. This area he lived has a declining population largely due to economic decline. Crime rates in recent years have risen which I think is largely due to drugs and poverty. From the Little I’ve gathered on him he was a good guy that came from a close family that really cared for each other. I really hope this is resolved sooner than later.

Bumping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for Bumping. I was thinking about him yesterday and wanted to bump the thread but I got sidetracked by my kids. Great minds think alike :)

Hy'Shawn, you are still on our minds. Where are you???

Thanks for Bumping. I was thinking about him yesterday and wanted to bump the thread but I got sidetracked by my kids. Great minds think alike :)

Hy'Shawn, you are still on our minds. Where are you???

The Clarke county sheriff apparently invited the FBI for some testing and what not recently. It’s posted on their FB page at a prayer meeting for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks