Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
Alexis Duggan

Namus MP #17121
Sept 13,1970
5' 5" 135lbs
Brown hair

On September 14, 1970 Alexis Duggan left her residence between the hours of midnight and 4:00 AM and has not been seen or heard from since. She left behind her ten month old daughter and did not take any personal property with her.

Namus https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17121/23?current_page=case_information

Scars and marks
3" scar across right knee
scar on right ankle
scar on abdomen

DNA
Fingerprint Information

Address:
City - Tampa
State - Florida
Zip code - 33613
County - Hillsborough

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17121/23?current_page=case_information
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/duggan_alexis.html

Extra information about Alexis from different thread of UID (info found by Carl and some other members)

I found that she had been married twice.

Her maiden name is Godwin.

Her surname from her first marriage was Yerby (not Yearby as indicated in NamUs), and they were divorced in Aug 1969.

She married A.T. Duggan on 02-Jan-1970.

DOB on Alexis Duggan (AKA Alexis Yerby, AKA Alexis Godwin) is 21-Feb-1951

She was married to an A.T.Duggan according to knowx. Mr Duggan has a very lengthy arrest history including federal weapons charges in the 90's which made the news.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Panasoffkee-WhtFem-470UFFL-17-24-Feb-71/page5

I just wanted to say hello and thank all of you for your interest in my mothers case. I am the daughter of Alexis Godwin Duggan. As an update for you all, Alvin Duggan passed away last week in Safety Harbor Florida. It is believed that he was responsible for my mothers death and he did not leave a dying confession but none the less, I am relieved that he is gone.

Ruthgology, thank you for letting us know that Alvin Duggan has passed away. Are you currently searching for your mother or have you made peace with the past? I know that you were a baby when your mother disappeared so if it would be ok, I would like to ask a couple of questions. Who ended up raising you and were you in any contact with Alvin Duggan? I pray that you had a great childhood after this terrible tragedy.

Scars and marks
3" scar across right knee
scar on right ankle
scar on abdomen

DNA
Fingerprint Information

Address:
City - Tampa
State - Florida
Zip code - 33613
County - Hillsborough

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17121/23?current_page=case_information
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/duggan_alexis.html

Extra information about Alexis from different thread of UID (info found by Carl and some other members)

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Panasoffkee-WhtFem-470UFFL-17-24-Feb-71/page5

That was me 5 years ago. Thought her name sounded familiar. Does anyone know if she was ever ruled out as Little Miss Panasoffkee?

Hello and Thank you for your condolences.

Here is some additional information for all interested: She was missing from 804 Orange Avenue, Tampa. Alvin Duggan's mother lived next door to that address as well. She is not Little Miss Panasoffkee. I did submit my DNA to CODIS. I was raised and adopted by my maternal grandparents.

There numerous issues with solving this case without a body. This case was handled very poorly from the initial report. Mr. Duggan had politically tied family and mafia tied family. This explains his lengthy criminal record, including federal charges and he only ever spent 8 months incarcerated. It was Alvin Duggan who contacted my maternal grandparents in Clearwater to come and pick me up in the middle of the night stating that he knew my mother would not be back.

At some point in the rather elementary investigation, the sheriff's department focused their attention and belief that my mother "wound up at" McKay Bay Refuse-to-Energy Facility, 112 South 34th Street, Tampa. This was Alvin Duggan's place of employment. It is the belief of one of the retired officers from the case that she was disposed of there. My family and the private investigator that has looked into this matter as well believe the same.

Here is some additional information for all interested: She was missing from 804 Orange Avenue, Tampa. Alvin Duggan's mother lived next door to that address as well. She is not Little Miss Panasoffkee. I did submit my DNA to CODIS. I was raised and adopted by my maternal grandparents.

There numerous issues with solving this case without a body. This case was handled very poorly from the initial report. Mr. Duggan had politically tied family and mafia tied family. This explains his lengthy criminal record, including federal charges and he only ever spent 8 months incarcerated. It was Alvin Duggan who contacted my maternal grandparents in Clearwater to come and pick me up in the middle of the night stating that he knew my mother would not be back.

At some point in the rather elementary investigation, the sheriff's department focused their attention and belief that my mother "wound up at" McKay Bay Refuse-to-Energy Facility, 112 South 34th Street, Tampa. This was Alvin Duggan's place of employment. It is the belief of one of the retired officers from the case that she was disposed of there. My family and the private investigator that has looked into this matter as well believe the same.

So sorry that you had to miss your mother's love and you have to endure the "not knowing" still. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Do you know if Law enforcement ever searched the property at 804 Orange Ave back then? I looked on google maps at a view of the property and it has quite a large yard as well as it appears to be a manufactured home on top cinder blocks with space underneath. Google Maps

Alexis Dugan – The Charley Project

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Alexis Dugan

• duggan_alexis.jpg
Dugan, circa 1970

• Missing Since09/14/1970
  • Missing FromTampa, Florida
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth02/21/1951 (68)
  • Age19 years old
  • Height and Weight5'4, 135 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Duggan has a three-inch scar on her right knee, a scar on her right ankle and a scar on her abdomen. She may use the last names Godwin and/or Yearby.
Details of Disappearance
Duggan was last seen in Tampa, Florida on September 14, 1970. She left her Tampa, Florida residence sometime between midnight and 4:00 a.m., leaving behind her ten-month-old daughter, and without taking any belongings with her. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Are there any thoughts about a motive "they" or he wanted to kill her? Was Alvin Duggan or his employees/associates ever questioned in her disappearance? Is there a case file? The circumstances, as they are described in the MP files, sound like she left on her own, willingly. " Duggan was last seen in Tampa, Florida on September 14, 1970. She left her Tampa, Florida residence sometime between midnight and 4:00 a.m., leaving behind her ten-month-old daughter, and without taking any belongings with her". Who was the one that told this? It's so sad, so many married women disappeared and still are, leaving a child or children behind..that's hard to understand but not impossible. Husband saying she left....but seriously.......sorry for rambling......it's a pattern coming up over and over again.....makes you think.....

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back