Was it art or was it snow *advertiser censored*?

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
What, some might ask Jessica Sherer, is with the giant snow penis she built on her boyfriend's lawn this week?

As everyone knows, phallic displays were central to Viking winter solstice celebrations of fertility and rebirth. Yeah. So what.

And readers of this paper surely know that phallic rituals were as much a part of the Hopi Indian winter festivals as the Hawk dance.

But down on Quassaick Avenue, around the corner from the New Windsor Elementary School, the 6-foot tall, anatomically correct, finely detailed penis raised some questions Monday.

Especially for police.

"We got some calls that people thought it was offensive," said New Windsor police Chief Michael Biasotti. "We assumed it was some kids who did it."

Officers found no one home. Assuming the snow sculpture was more prank than nod to Christmas' pagan roots, the police knocked it down. Beat it down with shovels, actually.

"We came back around 11 in the morning, and it was just a pile of snow," recalled Sherer, 19. "Just some shovel marks."

Sherer, um, erected the statue with her boyfriend and another friend Sunday. She said she was surprised to hear some neighbors took offense.

Motorists honked their approval, and people walking by pointed and laughed, she said.

"People were waving and laughing," she said. "It was pretty funny."

No citations or criminal violations will be issued for the display, Biasotti said. The town codes prohibit lewd signs on businesses, but don't mention anything about public snow sculptures.

Not that I mind at all...but I have noticed, Cass, that you have a lot of bizarre and off-beat links. J/K :laugh:

Gee, I'd be angry if I were Jessica. I don't think the police should have just knocked it down without a judge saying to do this!

It wasn't like it was doing anything to anyone or was on public property. Gees! LOL

When I see one of Casshews new bizarre news threads I always hop in to take a look-see. Wouldn't miss 'em.

Scandi

This cracked me up.
Biasotti worries the display might give others ideas. "Now we're going to get snow penises popping up all over town," he said

T'sNana said:
Not that I mind at all...but I have noticed, Cass, that you have a lot of bizarre and off-beat links. J/K :laugh:
LOL

The Bizarre News Forum was my idea.. I asked WS to start it and for months I posted stories that barely got a reply or even a view. It is much more popular now and a fun place to read everyday and realize how 'normal you are compared to the crazies in there :dance:

I can see the police being armed with blow dryers and very long extension cords to melt the penises as they begin popping up all over town!!

I lost it on the part where they said they "beat it" with shovels.

So maybe a snow penis in the front yard is not such a good idea, but I think it was wrong of them to trespass on her property and destroy it without even contacting her in any way. If the cops where to invest that much time in wayward kids and pervs on the loose, they may make a difference in the world.

*Jessica, build another snow penis (but in the back yard) and make it bigger and better than the last one!!

*See Superman "bulge" thread for some good ideas!!

LButler said:
I lost it on the part where they said they "beat it" with shovels.

So maybe a snow penis in the front yard is not such a good idea, but I think it was wrong of them to trespass on her property and destroy it without even contacting her in any way. If the cops where to invest that much time in wayward kids and pervs on the loose, they may make a difference in the world.

*Jessica, build another snow penis (but in the back yard) and make it bigger and better than the last one!!

*See Superman "bulge" thread for some good ideas!!
I'm confussed how in one place they will go on private property and remove this giant penis, bu they won't go cut down the hanging blindfolded santa elsewhere!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back