GUILTY IA - ‘Bachelor’ Chris Soules Arrested Following Deadly Crash, April 2017

[h=2]'BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES
ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH
[/h]
[h=5]4/25/2017 6:21 AM PDT[/h][FONT=&quot]'Bachelor' Chris Soules is in custody after allegedly slamming into a tractor trailer, killing the driver and then fleeing the scene ... TMZ has learned.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The incident happened in Iowa Monday at 8:20 PM. According to docs, Chris was driving a Chevy pickup and rear ended a John Deere tractor trailer, sending it into a ditch. The driver was taken by ambulance to a hospital, where he died.

0425-chris-soules-mug-wm-2.jpg
[/FONT]

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/chris-soules-arrested-fatal-car-crash/

~

So apparently he is in custody in IN?

Bachelor' star Chris Soules arrested for leaving the scene of a fatal accident

[FONT=&amp]By Leora Arnowitz[/FONT]
Published April 25, 2017

Bachelor” star Chris Soules was arrested on Monday following a fatal accident and is currently in custody at the Buchanan County Jail in Indiana, Fox News has learned.

Soules, 35, was taken in for “leaving the scene of an accident – a death-related accident,” an official with the jail told us.
“A death occurred,” the official added.

According to TMZ, the reality star was driving a vehicle that rear-ended a tractor trailer. The driver of the tractor trailer reportedly died at the hospital following the crash after the tractor trailer was sent into a ditch.

Soules has yet to have his bail hearing.

Soules starred on the 19th season of “The Bachelor” and became engaged to Whitney Bischoff on the show. The pair has since split.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2017/04/25/bachelor-star-chris-soules-arrested-for-leaving-scene-fatal-accident.html

BBM

~

From a DesMoine IA news site.

Reports: 'Bachelor' Chris Soules arrested in fatal crash

,Des Moines RegisterPublished 11:48 p.m. CT April 24, 2017 | Updated 10 minutes ago

"Bachelor" star Chris Soules has been accused of leaving the scene of a deadly crash, according to the Buchanan County Jail.
A call to Soules' cell phone went directly to voicemail and
Soules was booked into the jail at 1:16 a.m., on a criminal charge of leaving the scene of an accident at which a death occurred, the jail told The Register.

Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office dispatch got a call at about 8:20 p.m. Monday that a pickup truck had collided with a tractor north of Aurora in Buchanan County, said Deputy Cory Hartmann, who responded to the scene, told The Register.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...r-dead-buchanan-county-aurora-iowa/306262001/

~

Chris Soules Arrested After Fatal Crash: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

[FONT=&amp]Published 9:53 am EDT, April 25, 2017 Updated 10:05 am EDT, April 25, 2017

5. It Was Not Soules’ First Brush With the Law

Chris Soules’ arrest history was reported on entertainment sites after he first joined Andi Dorfman’s season of the Bachelorette and then later became the Bachelor. Viewers fell in love with his homespun, friendly family and his small-town lifestyle on a farm in Iowa. However, he had an arrest history already.

According to RadarOnline, “Soules’ most serious arrest happened in 2006, when he was found guilty of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and fined more than $500.”

[/FONT]
HollywoodLife reported [FONT=&quot]at that time: “Chris has also been fined for speeding multiple times, and in 2001, when he was 19 years old, he was found guilty of possession of alcohol under age twice. That same year, he was again hit with similar charges, with an added charge of driving with an open container. Then in 2002 he was charged for fighting on a Valentine’s Day incident, and a month later he was found guilty of fleeing the scene of an accident.”[/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/chris...t-owi-drunk-driving-history-hit-run-bachelor/

~

Wow! This is pretty serious. IF he was drinking, he's really going to be in trouble. Yikes.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Wow! This is pretty serious. IF he was drinking, he's really going to be in trouble. Yikes.

Still kind of shocked to wake up this morning and see this. Of all the Bachelors I've watched, I really liked him. So sad he didn't learn his lesson and put his life and the life of another on the line. :(

He really seemed to have a good thing going lately. Tragic..... :notgood:

~

Still kind of shocked to wake up this morning and see this. Of all the Bachelors I've watched, I really liked him. So sad he didn't learn his lesson and put his life and the life of another on the line. :(

He really seemed to have a good thing going lately. Tragic..... :notgood:

~
I watched his season, too. He did seem to be a quality guy. I have only watched a few of those guys, and I never really keep up after, but he seemed to have his life together, well connected with his family, iirc, he's a farmer, etc. It would be sad to see him throw it all away. I feel like it's possible he was not sober, hit the tractor, and panicked. Damn.

He is in Buchanan County Iowa not Indiana. The one article is in correct.

attachment.php

~

Attachments

• SoulesStatus.jpg
    SoulesStatus.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 382
BREAKING: Former "Bachelor" Chris Soules' bail set at $10,000

The Iowa State Patrol says Soules was driving a truck that rear-ended a tractor near Aurora around 8 p.m. last night. This is about 15 miles south of Soules' farm in Arlington.

UPDATE: The Iowa State Patrol says a pickup truck and tractor were involved in the crash, with both vehicles going southbound. Officers say the truck ran into the back of the tractor, sending both vehicles into roadside ditches.

The person who died in the collision is from Aurora, but officers are not identifying those involved in the crash at this time.

Original Story:
One person is dead after a crash in Buchanan County. It happened in the 1000 block of Slater Avenue, north of Aurora. The Buchanan County Sheriff’s Office is being assisted by the Iowa State Patrol.

http://www.kwwl.com/story/35233673/2017/04/24/one-dead-in-buchanan-county-crash

~

Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me at all. After the Bachelor, and DWTS, seemed all he wanted was more fame and reality tv. Party time. I too agree he was most probably drinking when this happened. Sad.

Chris Soules Arrested After Fatal Crash: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

[FONT=&]Published 9:53 am EDT, April 25, 2017 Updated 10:05 am EDT, April 25, 2017

5. It Was Not Soules’ First Brush With the Law

Chris Soules’ arrest history was reported on entertainment sites after he first joined Andi Dorfman’s season of the Bachelorette and then later became the Bachelor. Viewers fell in love with his homespun, friendly family and his small-town lifestyle on a farm in Iowa. However, he had an arrest history already.

According to RadarOnline, “Soules’ most serious arrest happened in 2006, when he was found guilty of operating a vehicle while intoxicated and fined more than $500.”

[/FONT]
HollywoodLife reported [FONT="]at that time: “Chris has also been fined for speeding multiple times, and in 2001, when he was 19 years old, he was found guilty of possession of alcohol under age twice. That same year, he was again hit with similar charges, with an added charge of driving with an open container. Then in 2002 he was charged for fighting on a Valentine’s Day incident, and a month later he was found guilty of fleeing the scene of an accident.”[/FONT][FONT=&]
[/FONT]

http://heavy.com/news/2017/04/chris...t-owi-drunk-driving-history-hit-run-bachelor/

~

If this is correct, this would be his 2nd leaving the scene of an accident arrest. I don't know where he was found, but is it possible that he went for help?
Probably not, imagine he had a cell phone with him. If he had been drinking, he may have left to avoid dui charges.
I am also curious about the John Deere tractor. I will research the model, but if it was just a big old farming tractor on the road at night, pulling something, perhaps the tractor's lights weren't on or were dim. Can John Deere tractors be driven on the road?
I am very, very sorry for the deceased man and his family. :thinking:

[h=1]Documents: Soules had alcohol in his truck at the time of the crash[/h]Updated: Tue 10:44 AM, Apr 25, 2017

BUCHANAN COUNTY, Iowa (KCRG TV9) --- UPDATE: Court documents show police found alcohol containers in the pick-up truck former Bachelor star Chris Soules was allegedly driving in a fatal crash.
Soules is charged with leaving the scene of a fatal crash. His bond was set at $10,000 during an initial court appearance Tuesday morning.

http://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Crash-in-Buchanan-County-kills-one-420316883.html

~

If this is correct, this would be his 2nd leaving the scene of an accident arrest. I don't know where he was found, but is it possible that he went for help?
Probably not, imagine he had a cell phone with him. If he had been drinking, he may have left to avoid dui charges.
I am also curious about the John Deere tractor. I will research the model, but if it was just a big old farming tractor on the road at night, pulling something, perhaps the tractor's lights weren't on or were dim. Can John Deere tractors be driven on the road?
I am very, very sorry for the deceased man and his family. :thinking:

I'm wondering about the circumstances too. A $10,000.00 Bail is really not that high of an amount. It leads me to believe there is more to the story than we currently are aware.

~

I just looked up a John Deere 2640 tractor. This is in no way a semi type tractor/trailer. I wish I knew how to post a photo or link, but I don't.
The tractor looks to me like a farming tractor that offered almost no protection in case of an accident. IMO man thrown off tractor or tractor rolled over him.
I don't know if the tractor here was pulling a trailer of some type, because one article said tractor went in ditch on one side and trailer on the other side. The point I am trying to make is this was not a semi type tractor-trailer rig.
I have no clue here, but in my experience sometimes those tractors don't have very good lighting, travel very slowly on two-lane state roads, and are involved in accidents with other vehicles. That being said, Chris Soules was, too, a farmer of sorts and this happened within 15 miles of his home. IMO he was probably familiar with the type of vehicles that traveled that road,
I am sorry that a good old farmer has lost his life while working his farm. I am also sorry that Soules is in this mess. However, he doesn't have a very good driving record; actually IMO it is bad. :rolling:

[h=2]'BACHELOR' CHRIS SOULES
ARRESTED AFTER FATAL CRASH
[/h]
[h=5]4/25/2017 6:21 AM PDT[/h][FONT="]'Bachelor' [URL="http://www.tmz.com/person/chris-soules/"]Chris Soules[/URL] is in custody after allegedly slamming into a tractor trailer, killing the driver and then fleeing the scene ... TMZ has learned.[/FONT]
[FONT="]The incident happened in Iowa Monday at 8:20 PM. According to docs, Chris was driving a Chevy pickup and rear ended a John Deere tractor trailer, sending it into a ditch. The driver was taken by ambulance to a hospital, where he died.

0425-chris-soules-mug-wm-2.jpg
[/FONT]

http://www.tmz.com/2017/04/25/chris-soules-arrested-fatal-car-crash/

~

TMZ article says he was "in possession of alcohol beverage containers" at the time of the crash. :eek:h wow:

I just looked up a John Deere 2640 tractor. This is in no way a semi type tractor/trailer. I wish I knew how to post a photo or link, but I don't.
The tractor looks to me like a farming tractor that offered almost no protection in case of an accident. IMO man thrown off tractor or tractor rolled over him.
I don't know if the tractor here was pulling a trailer of some type, because one article said tractor went in ditch on one side and trailer on the other side. The point I am trying to make is this was not a semi type tractor-trailer rig.
I have no clue here, but in my experience sometimes those tractors don't have very good lighting, travel very slowly on two-lane state roads, and are involved in accidents with other vehicles. That being said, Chris Soules was, too, a farmer of sorts and this happened within 15 miles of his home. IMO he was probably familiar with the type of vehicles that traveled that road,
I am sorry that a good old farmer has lost his life while working his farm. I am also sorry that Soules is in this mess. However, he doesn't have a very good driving record; actually IMO it is bad. :rolling:

john-deere-2640.jpg

~

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie