Found Safe CA - West Burnett, 6, Venice, 26 April 2017

LaborDayRN

Reaction score
West Burnett was last seen at 8:35 a.m. at Coeur D’Alene Avenue Elementary School

West was taken by his mother, Nisha Burnett, from the school in the 800 block of Coeur D’Alene Avenue

Burnett was thought to be driving a 2004 gold BMW with California license plate 6WAP644.

West is 4 feet tall, weighs 40 pounds and has brown hair and blue eyes. The boy was last seen wearing a light blue sweater and brown pants.
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-amber-alert-boy-abducted-20170426-story.html

Police Press conference and short interview with aunt at the link

A relative of the boy said the mother is mentally ill, taking drugs and represents a danger to the child.

She said Nisha Burnett had a restraining order against her for the next two years to stay away from the boy because of "possible endangerment of the child."

"She's mentally ill," Lia Hein said. "She listens to the voices in her head and acts accordingly. Which is very unpredictable. And she's also doing drugs."

The woman was last seen in the Palms area around 12:30 p.m., police said.
http://abc7.com/news/amber-alert-issued-for-boy-6-allegedly-abducted-by-mom-in-venice/1920662/

The FB makes me sad. She seemed to be very close to her sons and they looked very happy---back in 2016. But then you can see her kind of having mental issues....I HOPE she drops him off somewhere safe...:candle:

The FB makes me sad. She seemed to be very close to her sons and they looked very happy---back in 2016. But then you can see her kind of having mental issues....I HOPE she drops him off somewhere safe...:candle:

I was thinking the same thing. They all looks so happy just less than a year ago. Her more recent postings are strange, and very little response from others. Something seriously has changed. I hope they find West safe.......and soon!

Sorry guys. I spelled this little guys name wrong in the title. I've alerted the mods to change it. It's West Burnett. :blushing:

This one scares me. It does sound like mom is suffering from serious mental health issues. I'm really worried about West. I can't believe we are following two two amber alerts for two different 5 year old boys from LA county at the same time! :gaah:

Oops. West is 6......but still :gaah:

:tyou: You didn't need a photo. Your links made my night!

This one was extra worrisome (imo, too) Thrilled it was resolved as (relatively) quickly as it was.

I heard one of the reporters mentioning a delay in the "amber alert"... wonder if this is true?

VENICE AMBER ALERT SUSPECT IN CUSTODY; SON RECOVERED SAFELY

ENICE, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A woman wanted for allegedly abducting her son from a Venice school, triggering an Amber Alert, was taken into custody and the boy was recovered safely Wednesday night.

Nisha Burnett was spotted with her son West Burnett in her vehicle on Venice Boulevard. Police approached the car and she appeared to at first be speaking with them, but eventually drove away from the scene, leading officers on a short chase.

She then pulled over, and took her son on foot into a Harley Davidson store in the Venice area. Officers followed her inside and quickly took her into custody.

http://abc7.com/news/amber-alert-issued-for-boy-6-allegedly-abducted-by-mom-in-venice/1920662/

Video at link of Nishia talking to reporters in an Eyewittness News Van.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back