MN MN - Donna Ingersoll, 25, Wabasha, 17 Dec 1990

PonderingThings

Former member
Reaction score
http://wcco.com/topstories/local_story_351180449.html

15 Yrs. Later, Cops Still Search For Missing Woman

(AP) Wabasha, Minn. It's been 15 years since Donna Lee Ingersoll walked out of a Wabasha, Minn. house and was never heard from again.

She was 25 years old and had been in an argument with her boyfriend, Gary Murphy, of Plainview, Minn. Ingersoll didn't have any money or a coat when she was reported missing the night of Dec. 16, 1990. Murphy was probably the last to see her.

Police and Ingersoll's family and friends say they're still looking for answers in her disappearance.

"I think about her every day; it bothers me," Wabasha Police Chief Dave Kruger said. "It bothers me for the family that we can't give them some kind of closure."

Kruger pages through the case file about once a month, wondering if authorities could have done something differently.

Ingersoll's mother, Phyllis Ingersoll, fears her daughter is dead. "I would have to think there is foul play because she would have called, I'm sure of that, if she could," she said.

Kruger also guesses there was foul play, but there's no proof and he doesn't know who would have done it.

"It's one of those 'bang your head against the wall' kind of things," he said.

Few answers were found at the time in the search for Ingersoll. The case got more complicated when Murphy committed suicide the next summer.

One of Ingersoll's close friends, Mary Klein, said she doesn't think Murphy would have hurt Ingersoll.

"I know he made her happy," she said, adding that the couple had been writing a children's book together. "She would always talk about him. I think she loved him and he really loved her."

Klein said her friend had struggled with alcohol, but she remembers Ingersoll as a good person who loved children.

"I think it's such a waste that she's gone because she could have gone a long ways," Klein said.

On the anniversary of Ingersoll's disappearance, Kruger said he hopes people might come forward with information. He said police have tried every lead, but there's more work ahead.

"It bothers me we have not been able to close the case," he said. "We're not done."

Hello people! New member, long time lurker. The above article, that appeared online yesterday, really got me going. I tried seaching for Donna's case, or even a reference to Donna, using google and found nothing!

I've emailed the link to the story to one of the wonderful volunteers at the Doe Network, and they are going to reach out to see if Donna's case can be spotlighted there.

I find this so sad, and so frustrating, that there are services available to the families and they aren't being used. Who knows... someone out there may know something!

PonderingThings said:
She was 25 years old and had been in an argument with her boyfriend, Gary Murphy, of Plainview, Minn. Ingersoll didn't have any money or a coat when she was reported missing the night of Dec. 16, 1990. Murphy was probably the last to see her.
Okay, she got in a fight with her boyfriend and walked out into a Minnesota December's night without her coat.

Now, I'm not the suspicious type....

Agreed it does look suspicious... but then, she could have gone over to a neighbor's home, borrowed a coat, took off for parts unknown... and is now living under an assumed name.

Unfortunately, until she's located, anything is possible.

Donna Lee Ingersoll
Missing since December 17, 1990 from Wabasha, Wabasha County, Minnesota
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
Date Of Birth: November 29, 1965
Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 4'11; 106 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; green eyes.
Marks, Scars: Right index finger is shorter than her left index finger. Tattoo of a cross on her right arm.
Clothing: Wearing blue jeans and boots. There was mention of a camo Jacket, but unknown if she had a coat on or not when she went missing. Donna wears glasses but left them behind with her purse at the residence.
Dentals/Fingerprints: Available

Circumstances of Disappearance
On December 16, 1990 at approximately 23.45, Donna Ingersoll walked away from a private residence located in the city of Wabasha, MN.

Donna had been drinking and was involved in a fight with her boyfriend at the time of her disappearence. She ran out of the backdoor and has not been heard from since.
It was a very cold winter night and it is unclear if Donna had a coat with her.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Wabasha Police Department
Police Chief Dave Kruger
651-565-2161

Agency Case Number: 1990001542
NCIC Number: M-464381259
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Wabasha Police Department
Doe Network Case 2423dfmn

LINK:
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2423dfmn.html

Surely she would have only cut herself off from the b/f and not the rest of her family if he had been the problem?

http://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/cold-case-team-focusing-on-ingersoll-disappearance-in-wabasha/article_eb272428-51a1-54a5-b6ce-072692725ebc.html

For many years, former Wabasha Police Chief Dave Kruger tried to find answers to the Dec. 16, 1990, disappearance of Donna Ingersoll, who was last seen leaving her Wabasha apartment. She was never found, and Kruger has retired.

Now, current Police Chief Jim Warren has taken up that quest and is adding a cold-case unit, calling on several others in the police and sheriff's departments, the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension and a national missing persons group to try to solve the vexing case...

Kruger, Warren and Bartsh believe there are people out there who know something. "We do want to rattle some cages," Warren said. Also, technology has advanced since 1990 so it's possible that something new could come into play, he said.

Missing woman Donna Ingersoll's sister hopes new search will bring answers
Posted: May 29, 2015 10:26 PM CDT

snipped
"We just want answers, because we really miss her," Julson says. Beginning Saturday, massive crews will scour much of Wabasha searching for any trace of Donna. It is a relief to the family, but also sparks more questions.

"Actually what took them so long?" Julson wonders. She says this is the first major search team she remembers ever trying to locate her sister.

Donna's other sister, Sharon Ziemer, remembers her sister every morning and night by looking at pictures. She also wonders why after so many years now is the time.

Rumors have swirled around that Donna's then boyfriend had something to do with her disappearance. Julson doesn't speculate, but says she definitely had an odd feeling about the relationship.

Police will be searching five different sites between tomorrow and Sunday to find any trace of evidence in connection to Donna's disappearance.

LE hasn't revealed what the tip was that led to this search or if any clues have surfaced so far during the search.

"Cold Case Reopened After Woman Went Missing 25 Years Ago"

http://www.kaaltv.com/article/stories/S3811692.shtml?cat=10242

Saturday morning, she was in the thoughts of dozens of searchers as they scoured ravines and fields miles southeast of Wabasha.

"What know about her is through her family," Wabasha police chief Jim Warren said. "I know she was a loving, caring family member, daughter."

"Wabasha police find items of interest in search for Donna Ingersoll's remains"

http://www.kttc.com/story/29209567/2015/06/01/wabasha-police-find-items-of-interest-in-search-for-donna-ingersolls-remains

After a weekend of combing the area for any sign of Ingersoll, Wabasha Police Chief Jim Warren said officers have found “items of interest.”

Those items, according to Warren, weren't significant enough to tell what they were, but have been sent to a lab for testing. Results are expected to come back later on Monday.

7941510_G.jpg

Twenty cadaver dogs and more than 60 in manpower turned up something. Although officials won't know the significance of the items until lab results come back, Chief Jim Warren calls it progress. Still, there's still a lot of ground to cover.

"Maybe they'll come up with something this time and put the whole thing to rest,” said Smith.

The history is in the headlines, but the answers may be hidden somewhere in the bluffs.

http://www.wqow.com/story/29209567/...terest-in-search-for-donna-ingersolls-remains

The last search was over a year and a half ago- where is the news of how that went? Why aren't we hearing anything?
Donna, you are not forgotten and you won't be.

Wabasha, MN (KROC-AM News)- Authorities in southeastern Minnesota are renewing a plea for information in connection to a more than three decade missing person case.

The case dates back to Dec. 17, 1990 and foul play is suspected.

The missing woman is Donna Ingersoll. The Wabasha County Sheriff’s Office said the then 25-year-old woman left a friend’s party in Wabasha and was never seen again. The case remains open to this day

1702913462503.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back