Found Safe CA - Sayak Banerjee, 33, San Carlos, 20 April 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Sayak Banerjee, who lives on the 1100 block of Laurel Street in San Carlos, was last seen by neighbors the week of April 16 and his wife last spoke with him by phone on April 20.

On Monday, Banerjee’s wife reported him missing after he failed to arrive at Orlando International Airport, where he was supposed to meet her. Banerjee was scheduled to fly out of San Francisco International Airport, but there is no evidence he boarded a flight.

Banerjee works as a mechanical engineer in the Bay Area and regularly travels to Florida, where his wife lives and works.

Banerjee is believed to have driven away from his home in his black 2005 Hyundai Accent. The license plate number of the car is 6VDS335.

sjm-banerjee-0428.jpg

http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/27/san-carlos-man-reported-missing/

So wife spoke to him April 20, and he didn't board his flight on April 22. I wonder where he spent his weekend. We need more information.

A call by India-West to Banerjee’s cell phone went straight to voicemail and remain unanswered by press time.

Banerjee’s LinkedIn profile notes that he is currently a postdoctoral researcher in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at Stanford, studying jet fuels and rocket fuels. Banerjee received his Ph.D. from Stanford in 2014.

He obtained his master’s degree in mechanical engineering from IIT Kanpur, and earned his bachelor’s degree at Jadavpur University in Kolkata.

http://www.indiawest.com/news/globa...cle_473edd10-2ba5-11e7-8c04-bb34750cffc4.html

1493331019-1493331019-5541.jpg

https://patch.com/california/sancarlos/san-carlos-man-missing-last-week-police

The dates of the news stories are conflicting each other.

He not arrive in Orlando on Monday April 22 in the first article.

Banerjee was reported missing on April 24, when he failed to arrive at the Orlando Airport, where he was supposed to meet his wife, Kheya Chakraborty. “At this time, there is no information that confirms he boarded a plane,” reported the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office, in a press statement.

“It is believed that Banerjee drove away from his home in his black, 2005, Hyundai Accent Lic# 6VDS335. His disappearance is abnormal since it is not common behavior for him,” reported the Sheriff’s office.

http://www.indiawest.com/news/globa...cle_473edd10-2ba5-11e7-8c04-bb34750cffc4.html

I am a bit confused.
Was he seen driving away from his home the day he was planning to take a flight?

I think neighbors saw him April 17, but he spoke to his wife on April 20.

There isn't any report letting us know where he was on April 20 when he spoke to his wife or what they talked about, and I think that would be critical information.

He was reported on the 24th, 2 days after his flight was to land. It says his wife went to pick him up at the airport on Monday, which was April 22. So I think the window of time we need to find out what he was doing is April 20 to April 22. I don't know the times.

Timeline:
April 17 - neighbor sees him driving away
April 20 - Sayak speaks to his wife via telephone
April 22 - Sayak does not show up at aiport in Orlando (no indication he boarded the flight)
April 24 - Sayak's wife reports him missing

I can't find anything stating his height/weight.

:bump: Missing for almost a year :(

According to an update posted to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Department Facebook page (update was added to their original missing person's post from 4/27/17), SB walked into their office with family members a couple of months after he went missing. He told them he was fine and had been in the Bay Area.

According to an update posted to the San Mateo County Sheriff's Department Facebook page (update was added to their original missing person's post from 4/27/17), SB walked into their office with family members a couple of months after he went missing. He told them he was fine and had been in the Bay Area.
Welcome to Websleuths!
And thank you for the indication, however please do add the link for the source next time (acc to TOS), so this becomes a valid one to share.

Here we are with direct info and source:

San Mateo County Sheriff's Office

San Mateo County Sheriff's Office

Jun 22, 2017

UPDATE: The Sheriff’s Office is happy to report Mr. Banerjee has been located and is unharmed. On Wednesday, June 21, 2017, he walked into the Sheriff’s Office with members of his family. While reported missing Mr. Banerjee has been in the bay area. Since this is not a criminal action no other information will be provided. His family thanks you for the support.

Thanks for the info. I thought we weren't supposed to link to FB. I'm going to go review the rules.
If it is an official sheriff, police, LE page and information by them (not somebodies comments) it is fine.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back