Identified! CA - Los Angeles Co, Lake Hughes, Partial human remains, Apr'17 - Name withheld

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
I'm wondering if this is Bryce Laspisa?

I'm wondering if this is Bob Harrod.

I'm wondering if this is Bryce Laspisa?

That location, along the Ridge Route, is exactly where one would expect Bryce Laspisa to be if he was leaving Lake Castaic to the north, and didn't want to be seen.

Ridge Route is a very isolated, badly deteriorated road that gets very little automobile traffic. I tried to ride a racing bicycle along that route once, and my tires flattened pretty quickly.

I'm not sure how many others are missing from the Lake Castaic area, but Bryce would be the most likely.

The fact that Ridge Route is isolated and not commonly traveled also makes it an ideal place to dump a body, so this might be a dumped homicide victim.
If so, that would not be not consistent to the circumstances of Bryce's disappearance.

I should add that Templin Highway is a well-known body dump site due to the fact that very few people have any reason to go up that road. It doesn't lead to anyplace of interest to anyone except maybe people who want to do target shooting.

Updates?

https://signalscv.com/2017/05/01/dental-work-may-reveal-identity-remains-found-near-templin-highway/
Before the week was out, investigators had gathered a human adult skull and some teeth.

Now that investigators have had a chance to scrutinize their find, they’re optimistic about discovered evidence of dental work.

Last week’s remains are being referred to at the coroner’s department as “Doe 12” which means the remains of at least 11 other people have been found in Los Angeles County so far this year.

And, while it may be months before dental forensic work reveals the identity of the person, some in Santa Clarita Valley eager for answers as they seek closure in cases that involved local people missing and presumed dead.

The remains appear to have been in the area for a long period of time.

Keep in mind that Bryce had a permanent mouthpiece, so I would think if they found enough of the skull and teeth, they might be able to determine if it was him faster.

IMO it likely is Bryce. August 2013: that photo with the ginger hair and cheeky grin. He had also spent time with Mike McStay in his workshop.

Huh? I'm confused...Bryce knew Mike McStay????? Sorry I missed this!!!

He volunteered for Mike Mcstay years ago when he had first moved to Cali..maybe through his church? I think a one day thing or maybe a couple days.

He volunteered for Mike Mcstay years ago when he had first moved to Cali..maybe through his church? I think a one day thing or maybe a couple days.

Sorry have to ask who is mike mcstay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In a nutshell: Joseph Mcstay, Mikes brother, was brutally murdered along with his wife and two small children in San Bernadino,California. You should watch the 20/20 episode with all the interviews from family and friends. They literally vanished without a trace, and their family vehicle was found next to the Mexican border. There was video of a family that looked a lot like theirs crossing the border, so many speculated that they were fleeing the country because of some bad business deals..fast forward a few years..the whole families remains were found in shallow graves in the California desert by chance from someone riding their dirt bike out there and seeing some remains. One of his business partners is in prison now waiting for a trial. Very well know case.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/15/us/mcstay-family-killing-preliminary-hearing/

I don't think that case got much press outside of the CA area. I don't recall seeing more than a couple of minor news items out here in New England. When the video of the family going into Mexico was found, when the bodies were found, that's about it. It's kind of weird how cases that seem so overwhelmingly important to us are often so unknown to the outside world.

In a nutshell: Joseph Mcstay, Mikes brother, was brutally murdered along with his wife and two small children in San Bernadino,California. You should watch the 20/20 episode with all the interviews from family and friends. They literally vanished without a trace, and their family vehicle was found next to the Mexican border. There was video of a family that looked a lot like theirs crossing the border, so many speculated that they were fleeing the country because of some bad business deals..fast forward a few years..the whole families remains were found in shallow graves in the California desert by chance from someone riding their dirt bike out there and seeing some remains. One of his business partners is in prison now waiting for a trial. Very well know case.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/15/us/mcstay-family-killing-preliminary-hearing/

Thanks jillybean ah yes I was not sure if it was the same mike [emoji5] such a sad case the mcstay case [emoji17]

It was actually Fallbrook where the McStay's house was, not San Bernadino. On another note, remains were NOT Bryce!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

It was actually Fallbrook where the McStay's house was, not San Bernadino. On another note, remains were NOT Bryce!!!

[/QUOTE]

Did I miss the link to this not being Bryce??

From the Find Bryce Laspisa Facebook page:

UPDATE: the human skull found in unincorporated Lake Hughes has been determined to NOT be Bryce. The dental examination revealed extensive dental work and the skull is believed to be of an older man who was most likely not caucasian.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back