Found Safe IN - AK, 14, Schererville, 27 April 2017 *Arrests*

LisaWL7TR

Former Member
Reaction score
Case# 17L006677

AMK, age 14, disappeared from her home in Schererville, Indiana near Griffith sometime after 10:00 p.m. on April 27, 2017.

It is believed a man in his 20’s picked her up and they may be heading to Ohio.

A is 5’0” tall, weighs 100 lbs., has long blonde hair, blue eyes, a small mole on upper right lip and a large faint brown birthmark on her upper right bicep.

She may be wearing a gray tank top that says “TWENTY ØNE PILØTS” with jean shorts, purple low top Converse shoes and carrying a white backpack with blue and red diamonds along with a backpack with cats and dogs on it.

Case#BOIN172804AK

https://m.facebook.com/bomhinc/phot...1828.973738729380017/1365657656854787/?type=3

Ok. Reporting my post due to 2 different case obvious 1 or both are not LE.
So Sorry.

She is 14 and now gone for 4 days with an adult, why is there not more alarm in the media?!

No Amber Alert?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

I know!! I do not understand that. A 14 yr old child taken from her home between 10pm and 1am <modsnip>

This is geographically local to me. A

Thank you for posting this. I know this group can help

I haven't seen anything new. A search needs to be made of the device she used to get online. Maybe then they can find info on who she was talking with

Police Search for Missing Teen Girl in Northwest Indiana

[...]

The Lake County Sheriff&#8217;s Department said it was called to a home just before 1 a.m. Friday in the 1100 block of E. Highway 330 for reports of a possible runaway juvenile now identified as AK. After speaking with the girl&#8217;s parents, investigators began a search which continued through the weekend, but as of Monday morning, A had not been found.

Baffles me this isn't bigger news. A 14 year old with a grown man and they've not been seen for days?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given what has happened in Delphi with Abby and Libby, how is this not being treated like an Amber Alert or BOLO and major news?!

She was found in Ohio!!! The FBI have 3 men in custody

:( Sensing a name redaction coming soon.

They are beginning to redact her name from coverage. Or at least her last name.

Investigators said the two men from Cincinnati and the man from Kansas City have all been taken into federal custody for questioning.

Officials with the Lake County Sheriff's Department said the man from Kansas City was arrested in Derby, Kansas.

Investigators said he allegedly drove the 14-year-old to the apartment in Union Township and then went back to Kansas.

Officials would not comment on the intentions of the man who took her from her Indiana home or of the two men at the apartment.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/missing...federal-agents-in-union-twp-apartment/9595661

&#8220;This is a complex case and investigators are still gathering information,&#8221; a statement FOX32 got from the sheriff&#8217;s office said.

http://www.fox19.com/story/35324938...found-safe-in-cincinnati-3-in-federal-custody

:( Sensing a name redaction coming soon.

They are beginning to redact her name from coverage. Or at least her last name.

Investigators said the two men from Cincinnati and the man from Kansas City have all been taken into federal custody for questioning.

Officials with the Lake County Sheriff's Department said the man from Kansas City was arrested in Derby, Kansas.

Investigators said he allegedly drove the 14-year-old to the apartment in Union Township and then went back to Kansas.

Officials would not comment on the intentions of the man who took her from her Indiana home or of the two men at the apartment.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/missing...federal-agents-in-union-twp-apartment/9595661

“This is a complex case and investigators are still gathering information,” a statement FOX32 got from the sheriff’s office said.

http://www.fox19.com/story/35324938...found-safe-in-cincinnati-3-in-federal-custody

Oh no. Sounds like possible sex trafficking to me? [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing still more coverage that does not identify the victim by name. Those that do are only using her first name. Some are also blurring her image in posters during recent reports on her recovery.

For now I have redacted her name from title.

I'm a new sleuther and this is the first case where I've seen a name redacted... in what incidents do they do this?

Just curious!

Sometimes special victims will have their names redacted from threads in order to prevent them from coming up in future google searches. In cases involving sex crimes, especially if the victim is a minor, the name may be redacted.

Right now there is no confirmation that this former missing minor was victimized in that way. However, her name being slowly dropped from main stream media coverage and the three adult males in federal custody suggests the case may be headed that direction :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back