Found Deceased UK - Jason Gurgul, 33, Bristol, 29 April 2017

CoverMeCagney

Reaction score
Another night out in Bristol gone wrong:

The family of a father-of-two from Whitchurch are appealing for information after he disappeared following a night out on Saturday.

33 year old Jason Gurgul was last seen leaving the Dog House bar in Bristol city centre in the early hours of Saturday morning. He was wearing a blue and black zip top and dark jeans.

He failed to turn up for a family holiday on Bank Holiday morning. His family say his disappearance is 'out of character'.

A Facebook page has been set up to help find him.

http://www.itv.com/news/westcountry...an-say-his-disappearance-is-out-of-character/

Find Jason Gurgul

Jason Gurgul was out on Friday evening with friends at the Dog House in Bristol city centre on Friday 28th April. Police have looked at the cctv and can confirm Jason left the pub at 2.35 Am on Saturday 29th April to head for home but he never returned and is classed as a missing person.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/469360390071964/

Looking at a map of Baldwin St, he would have had to cross the river if he decided to walk the 4 miles home to Whitchurch. Can any locals confirm whether there's a taxi rank nearby, would buses be running etc?

According to the "find jason" page above, there was another sighting at 3.45am on Baldwin St heading toward Queen Charlotte Street.

Personally, I would have headed towards the city centre (Colston Avenue) to get a taxi or night bus (I don't think night buses go to Whitchurch though, closest might be a 75 or 76 to Hengrove/Hartcliffe). But it is a while since I had a night out in Bristol and the centre has changed a lot in the past few months and the road layouts have changed.

EDITED TO ADD: Basically, there are plenty of transport options from the area he was last seen to get home, there are loads of taxis around that area on a friday night and walking would have been possible if he didn't have the money for one.

It's all a bit too close to the water for my liking though.

According to the "find jason" page above, there was another sighting at 3.45am on Baldwin St heading toward Queen Charlotte Street.

Personally, I would have headed towards the city centre (Colston Avenue) to get a taxi or night bus (I don't think night buses go to Whitchurch though, closest might be a 75 or 76 to Hengrove/Hartcliffe). But it is a while since I had a night out in Bristol and the centre has changed a lot in the past few months and the road layouts have changed.

EDITED TO ADD: Basically, there are plenty of transport options from the area he was last seen to get home, there are loads of taxis around that area on a friday night and walking would have been possible if he didn't have the money for one.

Thanks for this, LadyN, always useful to have local info. I wonder if he would have typically walked home or jumped in a cab.

I also fear the water proximity, was he near the floating nightclub (Thekla??) or the marina where the last two were found?

Yup river, very close to the river...... how many times :(

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/42+Baldwin+St,+Bristol+BS1+1PN/@51.453473,-2.5953056,406m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x48718e786b37d57d:0x5aebf55573a9f833!2sBaldwin+St,+Bristol+BS1!3b1!8m2!3d51.4533838!4d-2.5947599!3m4!1s0x48718e7840b42dcf:0x184eebb5cb420a2a!8m2!3d51.453473!4d-2.593753

I also fear the water proximity, was he near the floating nightclub (Thekla??) or the marina where the last two were found?

Good point, if the last sighting was heading toward Queen Charlotte street from Baldwin St, he might have been heading towards Redcliffe bridge, which would be the bridge I would use when I was walking home (when I lived in south Bristol) and would be the obvious crossing point if he was heading home. That bridge is right next to the Thekla.

Well here I am back on Websleuths, this guy comes from the same area as me although I didnt know him I have some friends on FB who know the family.

A lot of people have been saying locally that there is someone going round pushing young men in the river (because this would be the 4th recent death if that was so). I dont think so, the police did make a statement dispelling that rumour. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/avon-and-somerset-police-drowning-death-serial-killer-bristol-pusher-manchester-pusher-abdulkadir-a7638126.html

Why would the police not have searched the water by now?

In answer to my own question, police divers have been in the water this evening (from the Find Jason FB page) but have found nothing. Seems a funny time of day to start a water search and also only a small area could have been looked at.

[video=twitter;859486043116097538]https://twitter.com/itvwestcountry/status/859486043116097538[/video]

ITV News WestCountry‏Verified account @itvwestcountry

The family of missing Jason Gurgul who disappeared after a night out in Bristol have made an emotional appeal for him to come home.

The shop closes at 10pm, so not open when Jason went past.

They've virtually locked down the page and turned off all commenting so I think an announcement will be made, feeling sick at the thought of it.

Yep, something changed in the space of 30 mins....

Good to see you, Webnut. Shame about the circs.

Thanks, these cases make me worry for my 19 year old son when he finally starts drinking in town (no money at the moment!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back