1070 users online (239 members and 831 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 136
  1. #121
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Parts Unknown, USA
    Posts
    466
    Eric Brown is described as a day laborer in the arrest warrant for Ashanti’s kidnapping. Later, a construction co-worker who also was on the JEB Blimpie’s project is said to have worked with Brown for approximately 90 days on the project, so it sounds like he wasn’t a regular with the crew after the project was completed.


    Most day laborers aren’t on a work contract and can be paid off-books in cash. Tracking his employment post-Navy won’t be easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by hey-Debbie View Post
    So maybe he doesn't work for Blimpie's. He's gotta work for a contractor hired to build the new Blimpies so it's possible he could have worked other jobs in the Hampton area. I wonder where Keir worked. Does anyone know. It would have been a stalking situation too I bet. When someone posted in Ashanti's thread that the police saw he was searching for missing women and baby I immediately thought of Keir because her car was found the same way. She was supposed to be meeting someone.

    Here's what this article said about her sister. "Pattway is active military and said being deployed to the Middle East five times doesn’t even come close to comparing to how difficult this situation has been her." Look at the military connection too. I wonder if her sister is in the Navy. I wonder if her sister somehow knew Eric Brown. She was supposed to meet up with someone she knew. Maybe they ran across each other when he was working on a job and said he lets meet. Wonder where he was in May when she went missing.
    http://wtkr.com/2017/08/11/mother-an...er-speaks-out/

  2. #122
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Rain City
    Posts
    3,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    Keir's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/keir.johnson.395

    It looks like she doesn't list an occupation there but maybe someone can find some other possible connections or important info.
    She writes "I'm going to let my baby continue to grow and explore life" back in March. So sad
    Петрова от София в Сиатъл.
    Here for the missing & lost souls.

    DMayiJ, you are my muse.
    _____

  3. #123
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,940
    I can see pros and cons about Ashanti Billie's killer as a suspect here. My biggest issue against is the fact that he did not have a car. Hampton is some distance away from Virginia Beach. HRT (Hampton Roads Transit) runs to the Peninsula, but somehow I see the distance and having to travel thru the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel (I-64) as making him an unlikely suspect.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

  4. #124
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    10,831
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementalLaura View Post
    Eric Brown is described as a day laborer in the arrest warrant for Ashanti’s kidnapping. Later, a construction co-worker who also was on the JEB Blimpie’s project is said to have worked with Brown for approximately 90 days on the project, so it sounds like he wasn’t a regular with the crew after the project was completed.

    Most day laborers aren’t on a work contract and can be paid off-books in cash. Tracking his employment post-Navy won’t be easy.
    bbm
    Yes, some cities have an area for "Labor Pick-up" where someone wanting a day's work paid in cash can wait to see if someone needs that kind of help for the day. I've seen it -- usually in a downtown area. No way to track that kind of thing. Also, some building materials businesses have a similar thing, but those folks are checked for what skills they can offer, etc.


    All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

  5. #125
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1
    They’ve arrested Eric Brian Brown for killing Ashanti Billie...the cases seem so similar. They should look at him for Keir and Chloe

  6. #126
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,013
    So little information to go on....

  7. #127
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    8,827
    Family pleads for help finding missing Hampton mom, baby

    Teir Pettway has never known a world without her twin sister, Keir Johnson. But that changed seven months ago when Johnson, of Hampton, and her infant daughter, Chloe, were reported missing.

    Pettway spoke about her sister at a news conference at the Newport News Police Department’s headquarters Tuesday morning. She said life without her twin is like a world with no grass, no trees.

    “She’s my everything,” Pettway said. “All I know is her, and it’s hard.”

    Johnson’s family and police held the news conference hoping that someone with information about the case will come forward.

    Mike Grinstead, acting chief of Newport News Police, said at the news conference that officers have logged more than 5,000 hours investigating the case. The 19 officers from six divisions are assigned to it, and the department has also received some federal assistance, he said.

    “Our detectives have been working for months to find Keir and Chloe Johnson,” he said.

    Grinstead would not say if the department is investigating any possible connections to the case of Ashanti Billie, an 18-year-old college student who disappeared in Virginia Beach in September. Billie was found dead 11 days later behind a church in Charlotte, N.C.

    Eric Brian Brown, 45, is charged with kidnapping and murder in connection with her death.

    Grinstead said the department is looking into all evidence and investigating all tips, but he said releasing specific details could jeopardize the case.
    More at link-

    http://www.dailypress.com/news/crime...204-story.html

  8. #128
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,940
    Since Hampton PD waited a week or more to issue an Amber Alert (because of little Chloe), I wonder if they checked traffic cameras when her family reported her missing. If they waited over a week for the AA, it makes me wonder what they did in the interim and I don't know how long the videos are kept.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

  9. #129
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    UPNY
    Posts
    68
    Bumping for Keir and Chloe. Sending love and support to the family and friends. Where are you??

  10. #130
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    16,059
    ??? Have there been any new developments?


  11. #131
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener1850 View Post
    ??? Have there been any new developments?
    Last thing in the media was her family asking for the public's help early this month. We have no clues where she drove and there is very little in the media as to when she may have driven away from her place. If she was the one driving. This happened in the daytime, too. How does that happen and no one knows anything? So far the only info on a timeline I can find is that Keir's mother saw the two of them on Sunday before she left for work. She was supposed to be going to Buckroe Beach, but I haven't heard if she was ever seen there so the timeline is a mystery.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

  12. #132
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    895
    I have to wonder if Keir & Chloe really were headed to the beach that day. As locals know, where her car was found was a long way from Buckroe Beach and totally in the wrong direction. So was she possibly going on a date or to meet up with her baby's father, and for some reason, didn't want to be honest with her mother about it? Or it's even a possibility she could be meeting someone at the beach, and he asked her to go somewhere with him, then something nefarious happened. For some reason, my gut feeling is that someone she was familiar with is responsible for her and her baby's disappearance--IMHOO.

  13. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by sallye818 View Post
    I have to wonder if Keir & Chloe really were headed to the beach that day. As locals know, where her car was found was a long way from Buckroe Beach and totally in the wrong direction. So was she possibly going on a date or to meet up with her baby's father, and for some reason, didn't want to be honest with her mother about it? Or it's even a possibility she could be meeting someone at the beach, and he asked her to go somewhere with him, then something nefarious happened. For some reason, my gut feeling is that someone she was familiar with is responsible for her and her baby's disappearance--IMHOO.
    I tend to believe that she did tell her mother the truth about going to the beach. But your theory does introduce another possibility. Plus, it could be both. She was going to the beach, BUT was stopping along the way to meet Chloe's father or another guy. It may have been something where she didn't plan on staying more than a few minutes and she didn't consider it significant. However, I do agree - this was likely done by someone Keir knew. So little is known about her path that afternoon and how her car ended up where it did.

    If the car was driven to Jefferson Ave. in Newport News, I strongly suspect it was not Keir who parked it there. If that is the case, any trace evidence from the driver's seat could lead LE toward the abductor. It was summer and he would not have been wearing as much clothing as he would in the winter so there may trace evidence there. If it turns out to be from someone close to Keir, though, he could simply state that he has been in the car many times.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

  14. #134
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Dallas, Georgia
    Posts
    8,827
    Smithfield Foods ups reward for missing woman, baby to $35,000

    The reward for information regarding the disappearance of a woman and her baby has increased by $10,000, thanks to Smithfield Foods.

    The total reward is now $35,000 for details that could lead to the recovery of Keir Johnson and her daughter, Chloe, who have been missing since April . Johnson was a Smithfield Foods employee when she disappeared.

    “At Smithfield Foods, we consider our employees family and we have been deeply saddened by the disappearance of Keir Johnson and her daughter,” said Kenneth M. Sullivan, president and chief executive officer of Smithfield Foods. “It is our hope that these additional funds will encourage someone to come forward with new information that will bring Ms. Johnson and her child home.”

    The latest donation comes after the Newport News Police Foundation announced in September that it would donate $25,000 for information.

    We feel this is a very important cause and directly aligns with our mission," said Joe Frank, foundation president, at the time. "It is our sincere hope that these funds will help in the investigation and bring answers to Keir and Chloe’s family.”

    https://pilotonline.com/news/local/a...66bcd.amp.html

  15. #135
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    1,940
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaWL7TR View Post
    Smithfield Foods ups reward for missing woman, baby to $35,000

    The reward for information regarding the disappearance of a woman and her baby has increased by $10,000, thanks to Smithfield Foods.

    The total reward is now $35,000 for details that could lead to the recovery of Keir Johnson and her daughter, Chloe, who have been missing since April . Johnson was a Smithfield Foods employee when she disappeared.

    “At Smithfield Foods, we consider our employees family and we have been deeply saddened by the disappearance of Keir Johnson and her daughter,” said Kenneth M. Sullivan, president and chief executive officer of Smithfield Foods. “It is our hope that these additional funds will encourage someone to come forward with new information that will bring Ms. Johnson and her child home.”

    The latest donation comes after the Newport News Police Foundation announced in September that it would donate $25,000 for information.

    We feel this is a very important cause and directly aligns with our mission," said Joe Frank, foundation president, at the time. "It is our sincere hope that these funds will help in the investigation and bring answers to Keir and Chloe’s family.”

    https://pilotonline.com/news/local/a...66bcd.amp.html
    This is the only update I've seen in a while. I don't remember her employment at Smithfield Foods being mentioned before. The largest operation of SF is in Smithfield VA, about 25 miles away and they do have a small division in nearby Newport News. I wonder if she worked in NNews. Someone - I don't believe it was Keir - dropped her car off in NNews.
    Justice might be blind, but Karma has the vision of a hawk. ~ Connie Fletcher, crime author

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Safe Australia - Chloe Smith & Ellie Phelan, both 14, Hunter, NSW, 26 April 2017
    By gregjrichards in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-27-2017, 06:18 PM
  2. Found Safe Australia - Chloe Riessbeck, 15, Quakers Hill, Sydney, 8 April 2017
    By gregjrichards in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-19-2017, 09:18 PM
  3. Found Safe KS - Skyla Johnson, 15, Arkansas City, 9 April 2017
    By perfectingpink in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2017, 08:22 PM
  4. Found Deceased MN - Ryan Johnson, 32, Alexandria, 6 April 2017
    By OkieGranny in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2017, 12:33 PM

Tags for this Thread