Found Deceased CA - Lisa Harvey, 51, Tulare, 29 April 2017

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Lisa Harvey, of Ventura went missing on April 29 at around 11:50 p.m. She missed the highway 178 exit and ended up at an unknown Tulare gas station. That was the last contact anyone had with her.

Harvey is described as: 5 feet, 6 inches tall, 230 - 270 pounds, wearing a white short sleeve top, blue cuffed jeans and black sandals. She drives a 2000 White Toyota Solara with a California license plate 4KKU552.

missing%20Harvey_1493758363236_20559497_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

http://www.kerngoldenempire.com/new...r-way-to-lake-isabella-from-ventura/704996265

I wonder if she had a car accident? Has anyone gone out to search?

From Ventura, she would have taken interstate 5 to Bakersfield. There, she had to transition to 99 then 178. It seems she stayed on the 99 and drove about an hour north to Tulare. At 11:50 pm - 12:00 a.m. at night, feeling panicked, she may have taken yet another wrong road.

Or maybe she decided to take the 137 to the 65 and head back down to Bakersfield for her turn to 178.

I'm thinking car accident.

I have given the family information on becoming a verified insider. I can't relay what I've read because it's on a personal FB account but hopefully they will become verified so they can share.

I have given the family information on becoming a verified insider. I can't relay what I've read because it's on a personal FB account but hopefully they will become verified so they can share.
rut-roh.. that sounds bad.

rut-roh.. that sounds bad.

Sorry, didn't mean for it to come off that way :) I was just trying to say I wanted to stay within guidelines and not post something that wasn't allowed. Basically they don't really know anything either other than she stopped to ask for directions and hasn't been seen since. They have a few more details of things they have done but they are stuck as to what to do besides that. I told them there are some awesome and experienced people here that might be able to help! Hopefully they can get signed up soon.

VIDEO! Surveillance from the gas station, who she talked to, the store clerk.... What did she buy? How long was she at the gas station? Which direction did she leave in? Tulare is tiny. But the roads leading south can go straight into the desert, so I hope she stayed on the main ones.

VIDEO! Surveillance from the gas station, who she talked to, the store clerk.... What did she buy? How long was she at the gas station? Which direction did she leave in? Tulare is tiny. But the roads leading south can go straight into the desert, so I hope she stayed on the main ones.

Keep the ideas coming. I've given every idea I could think of. She paid in cash, no tracking on her car, phone is dead and no last ping, no bank activity, they are faxing flyers to everyone they can get numbers for in the area but they aren't even sure what gas station she stopped at or if she bought anything, left with anyone, nothing. Phone log shows no weird calls or texts before she went missing. I asked if they had toll roads where maybe the car could be traced and she said no. I'm not familiar at all with the area. They are trying to map routes so they can try to get flyers out. I thought maybe truck stops or McDonalds off the highway, but again, I'm not even sure any of those are on the route???

And they are going to try to get verified so they can post. I hope I'm not posting anything against guidelines. I have no knowledge of her or her life, just questions I asked trying to help them think of ideas on how to track her down without any technology to help.

Where was she going ? Who, other than presumably the store clerk, was the last person to see her ?

Keep the ideas coming. I've given every idea I could think of. She paid in cash, no tracking on her car, phone is dead and no last ping, no bank activity, they are faxing flyers to everyone they can get numbers for in the area but they aren't even sure what gas station she stopped at or if she bought anything, left with anyone, nothing. Phone log shows no weird calls or texts before she went missing. I asked if they had toll roads where maybe the car could be traced and she said no. I'm not familiar at all with the area. They are trying to map routes so they can try to get flyers out. I thought maybe truck stops or McDonalds off the highway, but again, I'm not even sure any of those are on the route???

And they are going to try to get verified so they can post. I hope I'm not posting anything against guidelines. I have no knowledge of her or her life, just questions I asked trying to help them think of ideas on how to track her down without any technology to help.

How would someone know that she paid in cash if it is not known what gas station she went to?

I'm also thinking car accident.

They need to search roads that a GPS would tell her to follow to get back to Lake Isabella from Tulare.

Did police search?

Also, Tulare is small. There can only be a couple of gas stations.

Harvey left Ventura sometime Saturday to drive to Lake Isabella to visit a cousin.

Authorities tried to signal her cellphone but failed to locate it, apparently because it either had no power or had been turned off.

Her neice later learned that her aunt had taken Highway 126 out of Ventura. She also learned that her aunt had stopped to visit a friend in Fillmore. The friend said she tried to dissuade Harvey from continuing her trip, fearing the woman was in no condition to drive. But after failing to change Harvey's mind, the friend said she gave Harvey some water for the trip.

Authorities believe Harvey took Highway 126 to Interstate 5, then got on Highway 99 to Bakersfield. In Bakersfield, Harvey was supposed to get on Highway 178 and drive northeast to Lake Isabella.

But Harvey apparently drove past the exit and continued north on Highway 99. After learning she'd missed the Highway 178 turnoff, Harvey exited and stopped at a gas station, where she phoned her friend in Fillmore.

"She told her friend that she was going back." When the friend asked if that meant Harvey was returning to Ventura, Harvey told the friend she was driving south to find the exit to Highway 178. That was the last time Harvey is known to have spoken with anyone.

Only a voicemail was left on a call that was later made from Harvey's phone around 12:30 a.m. Sunday. The voicemail contained no speech, Thorn said, only the muffled sounds of what appears to have been an accidental call.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/20...ing-way-visit-cousin-lake-isabella/101248268/

Do we know what time she left Fillmore? She specifically told her friend she was heading back to 178. If she missed it the first time, she might be really focused on that as a goal the 2nd time, rather than opting for an alternative route of 155 which doesn't seem to be a good choice anyway if she were headed to Bodfish. If you look at google maps from Tulare to Bodfish, it takes you via 178. I am guessing she stuck with Plan A.

Also, if a person were, say, intoxicated and drove 2-1/2 hours to Tulare from Fillmore, would they have sobered up enough (if not still drinking) to be OK to drive and make good choices? Just curious about that.

Harvey left Ventura sometime Saturday to drive to Lake Isabella to visit a cousin.

Authorities tried to signal her cellphone but failed to locate it, apparently because it either had no power or had been turned off.

Her neice later learned that her aunt had taken Highway 126 out of Ventura. She also learned that her aunt had stopped to visit a friend in Fillmore. The friend said she tried to dissuade Harvey from continuing her trip, fearing the woman was in no condition to drive. But after failing to change Harvey's mind, the friend said she gave Harvey some water for the trip.

Authorities believe Harvey took Highway 126 to Interstate 5, then got on Highway 99 to Bakersfield. In Bakersfield, Harvey was supposed to get on Highway 178 and drive northeast to Lake Isabella.

But Harvey apparently drove past the exit and continued north on Highway 99. After learning she'd missed the Highway 178 turnoff, Harvey exited and stopped at a gas station, where she phoned her friend in Fillmore.

"She told her friend that she was going back." When the friend asked if that meant Harvey was returning to Ventura, Harvey told the friend she was driving south to find the exit to Highway 178. That was the last time Harvey is known to have spoken with anyone.

Only a voicemail was left on a call that was later made from Harvey's phone around 12:30 a.m. Sunday. The voicemail contained no speech, Thorn said, only the muffled sounds of what appears to have been an accidental call.

http://www.vcstar.com/story/news/20...ing-way-visit-cousin-lake-isabella/101248268/
Why can't this pocket dial be tracked to the location it was made from?

Also, maybe it wasn't a pocket dial. Maybe she was in an accident and was able to dial out, but could not speak.

Someone in that family needs to plead with CHP to be on the lookout on the highway road-sides while they are already flying over doing other work. Her car may have rolled off the shoulder and is visible by air but not by the road.

Why can't this pocket dial be tracked to the location it was made from?

Also, maybe it wasn't a pocket dial. Maybe she was in an accident and was able to dial out, but could not speak.

Someone in that family needs to plead with CHP to be on the lookout on the highway road-sides while they are already flying over doing other work. Her car may have rolled off the shoulder and is visible by air but not by the road.

The phone call has me worried too. I'm afraid she wrecked and tried to call for help :(

On cell phone pings, I asked the family this question and the reply was: {cell phone company} said they can't get the information. They couldn't even provide the police with it.

I also read that they are trying to coordinate a flyover today or tomorrow. They have been out driving but nothing so far. They have also been talking to store clerks, faxing flyers, everything but no one they have spoken with remembers seeing her :( And from what I'm reading, it sounds like local agencies have also been on the lookout while patrolling/driving.

Flyover had no results, they did not see any sign of her. I'm not sure of the area they flew, just know they didn't see her :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back