Detroit Pistons' coach adopts special needs shelter dog

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy is the one who adopted dog left at Michigan shelter

By Ken Haddad
Posted: 3:55 PM, May 03, 2017

DETROIT - UPDATE! The Little Traverse Bay Humane Society says Eastwood has found a home:

Eastwood has been ADOPTED!! After careful thought and consideration, we are thrilled to announce that
Eastwood now has a forever home! This was a VERY difficult decision. We reviewed over 80 adoption applications today, and while there were countless families who would have given Eastwood an amazing home, one stood out above the rest...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/pets/...-one-who-adopted-dog-left-at-michigan-shelter

Oh BDE, I am literally crying! I am such a sap!!! you are the best! This truly IS news that makes me smile (so rare these days!) Love love love this story! Thank you thank you thank you!!! Look at that face!!! I wanna squish it and kiss it - what a sweet looking boy!

(Now, if Stan Van Gundy could just take care of his other group of guys and their "special needs" as well. October can't get here soon enough!)

I think I have exhausted my daily ration of exclamation points in this post. =)

Van Gundy family picks up dog who was last one left at Northern Michigan shelter
Eastwood is no longer without a home

By Ken Haddad

Posted: 11:01 AM, May 09, 2017
Updated: 11:05 AM, May 09, 2017

DETROIT - The dog who was the only one left at a Michigan animal shelter after pet adoption day last month has finally met his new family.

Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy saw the story about Eastwood, a 1-year-old special needs pup, who was the last dog standing at Little Traverse Bay Humane Society.

The coach and his family stepped in to give Eastwood a forever home.

The Van Gundy family picked up their new family member Tuesday morning...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/pets/van-gundy-family-picks-up-dog-at-northern-michigan-shelter

I am intentionally avoiding all WS politivent forums today (and for the foreseeable future) so this was the absolute perfect first thread for me to see when I popped on today! BDE you are simply the best! I have shared this little story with all my doggy people - each adoption story is pretty wonderful, and this one is right up there. Thank you for sharing this positivity!

Eastwood went to the perfect family for him!

Detroit Pistons coach Stan Van Gundy is the one who adopted dog left at Michigan shelter

By Ken Haddad
Posted: 3:55 PM, May 03, 2017

DETROIT - UPDATE! The Little Traverse Bay Humane Society says Eastwood has found a home:

Eastwood has been ADOPTED!! After careful thought and consideration, we are thrilled to announce that
Eastwood now has a forever home! This was a VERY difficult decision. We reviewed over 80 adoption applications today, and while there were countless families who would have given Eastwood an amazing home, one stood out above the rest...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/pets/...-one-who-adopted-dog-left-at-michigan-shelter

Absolutely LOVE this story! That precious dog's face!! I could just hug him forever and never let go. So happy for him and his adoptive family.

Thank you for sharing this story!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back