UK UK - Svitlana Krasnoselska, 40, Leeds, 3 April 2017

skibaboo

Mrs Map
Reaction score
stream_img.jpg

Ukrainian woman's disappearance 'genuine mystery'

The disappearance "without a trace" of a mother from Leeds is "a genuine mystery", police have said.
Svitlana Krasnoselska, originally from Ukraine, was last seen near her home in the village of Micklefield near Leeds, at 05:00 BST on 3 April.
West Yorkshire Police said her bank accounts had not been touched and it was completely out of character for the 40-year-old to go missing.
Ms Krasnoselska has lived in the UK for 12 years and has a daughter.

Police believe Leeds mother-of-one who has been missing for two weeks may have contacts in York

A mother-of-one from Leeds who has been missing for more than two weeks may have contacts in the York area.

Svitlana Krasnoselska, who is known as Lana, was last seen at her home in Micklefield on Monday April 3 at around 5am.

The 40-year-old Ukrainian is described at 5ft 3ins tall, of medium build, with dark shoulder-length hair with blonde highlights.

She was thought to be wearing a black coat with a fur hood and carrying a black handbag when she was last seen.

West Yorkshire Police say she may have contacts in York and are appealing for people who know of her whereabouts to get in touch. She lived in Halton, Leeds, until March.

Call police on 101, quoting log 716 of April 5, with information.

How had I not heard about this?
It's worrying how long she has been gone and so little coverage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder who last saw her at 5am?

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

I wonder who last saw her at 5am?

Svitlana Krasnoselska, who is known as Lana, was last seen at her home in Micklefield on Monday April 3 at around 5am.

Hmm trying to think - My first thought was that someone stayed the night with her and was leaving the house as the wording implied she was inside her home. But then reading again, the police said
She was thought to be wearing a black coat with a fur hood and carrying a black handbag when she was last seen.
So maybe then she was the one leaving her house = maybe to go to work? In which case was it a friend who had come to the house, or who left with her? Or maybe her daughter? Do we know where the daughter is now?

How had I not heard about this?
It's worrying how long she has been gone and so little coverage

I agree lizzi, I live in the UK and its the first I've heard of it. Just hope she's safe but its very worrying.

Sent from my Alba 7" using Tapatalk

I agree lizzi, I live in the UK and its the first I've heard of it. Just hope she's safe but its very worrying.

Sent from my Alba 7" using Tapatalk

I live near Leeds and I've not heard about her either, she's been missing 5 weeks!

I live near Leeds and I've not heard about her either, she's been missing 5 weeks!

Yeah, I'm North Yorkshire/north Lincolnshire based at the moment and haven't heard a thing! Nothing on Facebook or anything

Bump for this lady.

Still nothing after 6 weeks. Nothing on facebook etc either still! :(

Bump for this lady.

Still nothing after 6 weeks. Nothing on facebook etc either still! :(

Thanks for bumping, hadn't seen this.

I haven't clicked on every link, so apologies if already posted. It looks like the YEP (local paper) did an article 3 days after she disappeared.

Svitlana, who is known to her friends as 'Lana' has a 19-year-old daughter Anatysia and husband Vafyl, who are both becoming increasingly concerned about her disappearance. 

Read more at: http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/family-very-concerned-for-missing-leeds-mother-1-8479468

Hmmm. We have a Polish woman missing from Hull and a Ukrainian one missing from near Leeds.

I don't suppose there's any connection.

Hmmm. We have a Polish woman missing from Hull and a Ukrainian one missing from near Leeds.

I don't suppose there's any connection.
Highly unlikely. The missing Polish lady is from Lodz which is a six hour drive away from Ukraine.

In a lot of missing people cases it's the friends/family who keep the search in the public eye, either through FB or through stories to the media (I'm thinking the most recent case being Corrie M and all the work his mum is doing to keep his case fresh in the press). It makes me wonder - does Lana have friends/family in the UK? If she doesn't, then it would explain the silence to some extent, but if she does, why aren't they doing anything?

Sorry, just realised how judgemental that sounds, I meant more, as a general question. I wonder if there is a reason why they don't want to?

We still don't know who saw her at 5am - was it her daughter or someone else? If it was someone else, i.e. a partner/lover/boyfriend/girlfriend then I wonder why they are so quiet?

And finally, where is her daughter staying in all this? Reports say she is 12 - is she with family/friends?

Highly unlikely. The missing Polish lady is from Lodz which is a six hour drive away from Ukraine.

That wasn't really what I was thinking of, more whether there could be a connection in the UK, eg someone targetting women from Eastern Europe.

Is Cleveland st the red light district in Doncaster?

[bbm]

link downthread says the daughter is 19
unless there's more than one

In a lot of missing people cases it's the friends/family who keep the search in the public eye, either through FB or through stories to the media (I'm thinking the most recent case being Corrie M and all the work his mum is doing to keep his case fresh in the press). It makes me wonder - does Lana have friends/family in the UK? If she doesn't, then it would explain the silence to some extent, but if she does, why aren't they doing anything?

Sorry, just realised how judgemental that sounds, I meant more, as a general question. I wonder if there is a reason why they don't want to?

We still don't know who saw her at 5am - was it her daughter or someone else? If it was someone else, i.e. a partner/lover/boyfriend/girlfriend then I wonder why they are so quiet?

And finally, where is her daughter staying in all this? Reports say she is 12 - is she with family/friends?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
galesr
Back