How to start a Cold Case thread

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
If you'd like to start a thread but aren't quite sure how, here's a little tutorial:

1. It begins with information from an official source: a news article, a release issued by law enforcement, a state's cold case database, etc.

2. Use the Search box to make sure we don't already have a thread on that case.

3. Upload the missing person's image, if available, to an image host.

4. Go to the Cold Cases forum and click Post New Thread (to the left of the forum header).

5. Select the appropriate location prefix from the drop-down menu.

6. Add a title. There is a specific approved format for for all Cold Case titles:

(State or Country Prefix - First & Last Name, Age, Location, Date)

For example: WI - Crystal Jones, 24, Milwaukee, 16 April 2007

7. Add your image and source link(s) and text in the text box.

8. Preview and proofread your post by clicking the Preview Post button.

9. Once you're satisfied that your post is accurate and complete, click the Submit New Thread button.

Any questions? Ask away!

Sorry to bother you about something so simple but i truly can't find the "New Post" button to start a new cold case thread?
Thank You, Samuel.

You need to have a minimum number of posts (10, I think) before you'll be able to start new threads. Just keep posting and you'll see the New Post button as soon as you reach that magic number!

Ya, I'm having a hard time finding the new post button as well. I've made 15 posts so far. Maybe more?

What if a thread is closed? Are we allowed to create a new one? No one even responded to the original thread.

:-? Hey there!

Can't find the "post new thread" button. I'm very new here and kind of confused. I'm sight impaired. So...

I will look again. But if you have any ideas let me know please,

Thanks!
Dylan

Thank you. Looks like I need to get in my 10 posts so I can create a new thread.

Having trouble finding official information about my aunt's death. Florida will not release a death certificate with cause of death for 50 years. I also can't find any news reports. Any ideas to help me work past my brick wall?

I have posted 10 times, and I just cant find the new post button.

Thank you!

I’m wondering how to get a mod to update a closed thread or reopen it? I’m new to this and have no idea how this all works...

I recently came across some new information on the missing child Allyson Dalton, her mother Sylena Dalton was murdered in 1998. The was a thread for the baby but it says it’s been closed by a mod. I tried to message the person who started it but that didn’t work. Maybe someone on here can let me know how to pass along the information?

The crime watch daily show did an investigation and it aired two days ago. I believe new detectives are on the case now, which might spur some new interest.

https://crimewatchdaily.com/2017/12...-dalton-mom-murdered-baby-abducted-cold-case/

Thanks in advance [emoji6]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for this faq! I need to get to 10 posts because there's a 20+ year-old cold case in my town and there hasn't been much information.

Hello. I just joined the site and am having trouble searching for a cold case victim. I wanted to know if using his full name and location of death yielded zero (0) results definitively means that there is no open thread. Thanks is advance!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back